Prospect Info: Jonas Brodin (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

Says the guy whos name is WILDhockeyfan, but refused to believe the Wild was going to get better in the off-season, and then proceed to threaten to take your Wild 'fandom' over to the Flyers.... Yea. okay. Do what you want.

You're right, it's time for a name change. BillyMaysApproved or something like that? I'll give it some thought.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Brodin is a star and he absolutely needs to stay with Suter, no questioning that anymore. :D Tell Spurgeon or Prosser if they both are in the lineup to suck it up and one play on the left side next time. ;)

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Yeo even played him on the PP tonight. Me likey.

Brodin play on the PP while spurgie was hurt (2nd unit) and that unit was doing better then the 1st unit pp. Brodin needs to be put on the 1st Powerplay with Suter.

I hate Yeo's decision making sometimes, its like lets take away whats been making Suter good.... Oh **** that failed like everybody knew it was going to fail.

Some guys you have to ease into the NHL Brodin is showing he is ready for more, its time he gets it.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
B___Brodin___BrodinBrodin
B_BrodinBroD_BrodinBrodin
BBrod__inBrO_Brod
B______Brodi_Brod
B_____Brodi__BrodinBrod
B____Brodi___BrodinBrodin
B___Brodi__________Brodin
B__Brodi____________Brodin
BBrodi_______Bro____Brodin
BBrodinBrodin_Brod__Brodin
BBrodinBrodin__BrodinBrod

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
@Russostrib: Just watched Jonas Brodin's shifts again from last night. Honestly, the fact this kid is 19 is remarkable. Cool, calm, collected #mnwild

@Russostrib: Brodin's game is elite defensively. Already one of the NHL's best skaters. Once his game develops offensive blue-line in, lights out #mnwild

Russo is in love with Brodin as us.

@yizh8: @Russostrib Are we talking future Norris contender?

@Russostrib: @yizh8 definitely

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Spurgeon hasn't been good since he's been back. Brodin should be playing with Suter fulltime.

I think Spurgeons been a refreshing presence IMO. Of course, I wouldn't trust him on my top pairing, but he gives some great puckmovement from the blueline, the Wild can actually breakout of their own zone without losing the puck. I'm fine with him on the 2nd pairing.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I'm still pissed at Yeo for demoting Brodin, the rationale he used was just plain stupid, unless Brodin porked his wife he should not have been on that pairing, sure if you want a rightie and leftie, umm put Brodin with BNTG?

yeo better not pull a stunt like this again, i'm about to jump on the wagon of firing him....

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Glad to see there's still a lot of rationale thinking going on in these here parts.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I'm still pissed at Yeo for demoting Brodin, the rationale he used was just plain stupid, unless Brodin porked his wife he should not have been on that pairing, sure if you want a rightie and leftie, umm put Brodin with BNTG?

yeo better not pull a stunt like this again, i'm about to jump on the wagon of firing him....

One of the more comical posts I've read in awhile! :laugh:

Agreed though he shouldnt of split that pairing up. Nor should he ever. For the next 13 or so years :)

Billy Mays Here*

Only way I see that pair being broken up is if we somehow acquire a right handed top 2 d-man through a trade, signing, or development. Don't think Dumba will ever develop quite into a top 2 d-man and Fletcher won't be giving up the assets needed to acquire a guy like Bogosian or Subban anytime soon. Maybe we sign one but the chances that a player fitting that criteria making it to free agency are slim, plus we'd have to overpay like we did with Suter and Parise to get him so I don't think that happens either.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey

:biglaugh: :bow: :clap:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland

If I were coach I'd take that as an honour.. :D

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
B___Brodin___BrodinBrodin
B_BrodinBroD_BrodinBrodin
BBrod__inBrO_Brod
B______Brodi_Brod
B_____Brodi__BrodinBrod
B____Brodi___BrodinBrodin
B___Brodi__________Brodin
B__Brodi____________Brodin
BBrodi_______Bro____Brodin
BBrodinBrodin_Brod__Brodin
BBrodinBrodin__BrodinBrod

Excellent!

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Wild rookie Brodin wise beyond his hockey years

Earlier this season, Houston Aeros coach John Torchetti said Brodin skates like Calgary's Jay Bouwmeester and has the thought process and natural instincts of future Hall of Famer Scott Niedermayer.

"His feet, mobility -- forwards, backwards, sideways -- is very impressive," Wild assistant GM Brent Flahr said. "And then the way he thinks the game, breaks down situations, anticipates and moves the puck, he certainly stands out."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine