Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromemorrow

May 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Is it possible to project Gadjovich's career along Nick Ritchie's career trajectory.... Nick Ritchie took 3 years to be a useful top 9 forward. (I know different draft pedigree.. but the common theme of late seems to be identifying a player with transferable hockey skills to the NHL)

I think Jonah will be a solid NHLer in 3 years and probably go pro next year latest.

Ritchie's numbers:
1st year - 33GP 4pts
2nd year - 77GP 28pts

Still very respectable.. and given our team doesn't have that many top 6 forwards locked... meaning opportunities for ice time abound.... he could very well be playing in a year or two. Thoughts?

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Ritchie and Gadjovich are different players, I definitely don't think Ritchie was a premier in-front of the net guy that Gadjovich is known for. He's a guy who was more of a shooter then a pro-do-typical "in front of the net" kind of player. I think Ritchie's playstyle shares more with Boeser's then it does with "in-front of the net" players.

Compare him to Brendan Gallagher, Patrick Hornqvist, Troy Brouwer, Anders Lee, Erriksson, Wayne Simmonds, Loui Eriksson, Ryan Callahan, David Backas. All premier "in-front" of the net players at one time during their career. Compare Gadjovich to them, see what you get.

Karl Childers*

Jun 18, 2017
He was also a guy who played on are top line for along time. He was not first line talent but could blend his skills to fit in with top line talent.

He was also not 5'8 170 he was 5'11 and 185.

Morrison is a runt. If he is 5 ft 11, the twins are 6 ft 5. In his skates and gear he might approach your numbers but in bare feet and normal clothes the guy was a squirt.

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI
Morrison is a runt. If he is 5 ft 11, the twins are 6 ft 5. In his skates and gear he might approach your numbers but in bare feet and normal clothes the guy was a squirt.

Might approach my numbers, **** off. Google Morrison i highly doubt u find any website listing him at 5'8. What you will find is " my numbers " being backed up

Karl Childers*

Jun 18, 2017
Might approach my numbers, **** off. Google Morrison i highly doubt u find any website listing him at 5'8. What you will find is " my numbers " being backed up

Having seen him up close and personal several times as he was my buddy's next door neighbour in Anmore for years , I can attest he is 5ft 8 on a good day. He is a dwarf.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
I like the Morrison comparison of Gadjovich potentially being the 3rd piece to a good line.

Morrison is a tad taller than 5'8. I met him at his sons end of year hockey banquet when I was bartending (which was insane btw). You could easily call him 5'9 and 5'11 on skates.

Karl Childers*

Jun 18, 2017
You could be 4'9 and never meet the guy for all we really know.

You missed the hole point of my post comparing the 2 players, and went off on height

I didn't go off I just gave you the correct height and said the two guys were nothing alike.

You seem angry

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI
I didn't go off I just gave you the correct height and said the two guys were nothing alike.

You seem angry

Your eye test from 10 years ago does not give you correct anything. Did you have him on a scale ? Did you bust out the tape measure?

CalgaryCanuck clearly understood what my post was about. Maybe go read his response

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
11572661.jpg

Naslund is 5'11". Morrison looks to be maybe an inch shorter.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Having seen him up close and personal several times as he was my buddy's next door neighbour in Anmore for years , I can attest he is 5ft 8 on a good day. He is a dwarf.
hes' fourteen feet tall.

11572661.jpg

Naslund is 5'11". Morrison looks to be maybe an inch shorter.
Well, from this angle you can actually see that Morrison is, like, 1.5x the size of Bertuzzi. I mean his head alone is like a third of Bertuzzi's torso:

canucks-westcoastexpress.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
With some kids, your first impression is to want to check their birth certificates....from the interviews and physique, almost hard to fathom that Gladjovich is only 18 and was in his first year of draft eligibility.

He's 6'2" and 209 already....a little scary to think what he's going to be by the time he hits 21-22.....as a true power forward prospect he looks to have surpassed Virtanen already.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
With some kids, your first impression is to want to check their birth certificates....from the interviews and physique, almost hard to fathom that Gladjovich is only 18 and was in his first year of draft eligibility.

He's 6'2" and 209 already....a little scary to think what he's going to be by the time he hits 21-22.....as a true power forward prospect he looks to have surpassed Virtanen already.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I think hes clearly ahead of Virtanen on our depth chart and his trade value is also clearly worth much more altho have to admit Virtanen does look pretty beefed up in recent photos on twitter

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver

I know you can't just look at point totals but the fact that Gadjovich had a more impressive draft year stats wise than Virtanen is funny.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I think hes clearly ahead of Virtanen on our depth chart and his trade value is also clearly worth much more altho have to admit Virtanen does look pretty beefed up in recent photos on twitter

I hope this doesn't ruin your man crush, but Gadjovich measured at 6'1" and just under 200 lbs. He's closer to Horvat beefy than Gaunce big boy.

And until we see him play at the NHL level, no way he is ahead of Virtanen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad