Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CouverNucks

May 25, 2015
I hope this doesn't ruin your man crush, but Gadjovich measured at 6'1" and just under 200 lbs. He's closer to Horvat beefy than Gaunce big boy.

And until we see him play at the NHL level, no way he is ahead of Virtanen.

Horvat is listed as heavier than Gaunce though? Horvat 225 on the score

stax

Feb 28, 2016
Wow, Gadjovich really makes his living in front of hte net hey? I would say 95% of his goals are within 1 foot of the crease.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Horvat is listed as heavier than Gaunce though? Horvat 225 on the score

I was thinking more about height. But Horvat was listed as 6'05" 211lbs at the combine. Gaunce was 6'1.75" 207lbs. The point is that Gadjovich isn't the man child (in terms of height and weight) as some think he is.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Wow, Gadjovich really makes his living in front of hte net hey? I would say 95% of his goals are within 1 foot of the crease.

I wouldn't. He does score alot from that ~2 foot range, but is deadly anywhere in a ~10 foot area around the net. Has good shot selection, and placement imo, not just a deflection machine.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I hope this doesn't ruin your man crush, but Gadjovich measured at 6'1" and just under 200 lbs. He's closer to Horvat beefy than Gaunce big boy.

And until we see him play at the NHL level, no way he is ahead of Virtanen.

I dont have a man crush that doesnt make any sense Im CLEARLY saying hes already passed Virtanen in our depth chart. Maybe some of the guys who are stuck to Bennings first crappy high end draft massacre will argue it to the grave or whatever but facts is facts

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I dont have a man crush that doesnt make any sense Im CLEARLY saying hes already passed Virtanen in our depth chart. Maybe some of the guys who are stuck to Bennings first crappy high end draft massacre will argue it to the grave or whatever but facts is facts

actually it makes a lot of sense :naughty::amazed:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

The fact is Gadjovich was drafted late in the 2nd round and maybe would have made it to the 3rd round had the Canucks not drafted him. He also underperformed in the playoffs. Virtanen still has a chance to be playing for the Canucks next season or be a 1st line guy in the AHL. Until we see Gadjovich play against NHL players and whether or not Virtanen has progressed any from last season, the FACT is that Gadjovich isn't CLEARLY ahead on the depth chart. That doesn't stop you from thinking that Gadjovich is already a better player than Virtanen or that his potential is higher, but the fact is that it's not supported as of right now.

actually it makes a lot of sense :naughty::amazed:

It also makes sense for one to deny it. :sarcasm:

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Your eye test from 10 years ago does not give you correct anything. Did you have him on a scale ? Did you bust out the tape measure?

CalgaryCanuck clearly understood what my post was about. Maybe go read his response

BMo was short. 5'10 at very most, but 5'9 wouldn't surprise me.

---

If Gad can improve his initial strides and have a bit of jump, I'd hope for a Hornquist-esk game to him.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

Looking at that really short teammate of his ' highlight video... you see 21 in front of net A LOT..
living in front of the net is an understatement.. heh..

Been lacking that consistent goalmouth presence since...................
Hornqvist.. no.. Holmstrom... no... Ciccerelli... no...... Luc... no... since...................

Would be nice to see at the NHL level from the kid... now we see how develops.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
If he can pick up a stride or two over the Summer, I say he gets a couple of games with the Canucks to start the season.

Only way that happens is:

1) He has a great camp + preseason
2) Multiple injuries

Remember as it is, there's likely multiple forwards going through waivers. If we were to keep Gadjovich (sp) for a few games, it means sending yet another forward through waivers. That just isn't very good asset management unless Dorsett (or someone else) suffers a minor injury that results in them missing a few games + going on IR to start the season.

Even in that case however, he has to pretty much beat out everyone else for the few game shot. Realistically its probably better to give those few games to say Molino/Goldobin/prospect that didn't make the team.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Looking at that really short teammate of his ' highlight video... you see 21 in front of net A LOT..
living in front of the net is an understatement.. heh..

Been lacking that consistent goalmouth presence since...................
Hornqvist.. no.. Holmstrom... no... Ciccerelli... no...... Luc... no... since..................

Kesler. Deadly with the twins. Other than him...yeah.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
BVmCQkl.gif

Thought I'd spice up the thread a little bit. :naughty:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Unfortunately he didn't score at that kind of rate in the playoffs.

meh, good enough for me. not everyone can produce at the same rate they do in the regular season (Crosby, McDavid)

good enough for me for a 55th pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad