Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
meh, good enough for me. not everyone can produce at the same rate they do in the regular season (Crosby, McDavid)

good enough for me for a 55th pick.

Just saying his playoff production was disappointing. And there is no need to talk about Croby or McDavid here. Palmu, in comparison, had 13 goals 21 points in 17 games vs Gadjovich's 4 goals and 7 points.

Oh well obviously he's crap then. Better see if Calgary has any other soft, weak wingers they're not interesting in keeping around.

Never said he was crap. As for the trading with the Flames, why not? Benning has done pretty well in his two trades with Calgary. I would love for the Canucks to pry Jankowski away from the Flames.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Just saying his playoff production was disappointing. And there is no need to talk about Croby or McDavid here. Palmu, in comparison, had 13 goals 21 points in 17 games vs Gadjovich's 4 goals and 7 points.

Never said he was crap. As for the trading with the Flames, why not? Benning has done pretty well in his two trades with Calgary. I would love for the Canucks to pry Jankowski away from the Flames.

:laugh: Of course you would.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Correct.

If we want him then just wait till he's on waivers.

#assetmanagement :handclap:

No no no, we need to trade a waiver-exempt player for him right before they waive him, and then act like it's a big deal when he scores 30 points for a last place team while the waiver-exempt player plays for the minor league affiliate of a playoff team.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
No no no, we need to trade a waiver-exempt player for him right before they waive him, and then act like it's a big deal when he scores 30 points for a last place team while the waiver-exempt player plays for the minor league affiliate of a playoff team.

I see you've played knifey spoony before

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com

team as a whole didnt clicked at all from start to finish
USA team blue played 3 games vs 1 game. so it was clearly easy to see team blue showed a lot of chemistry especially Mittelstadt and Yamamoto line

Just when you thought of the team making something happen (which little happened) they'd take a penalty, lose the puck or incomplete pass over and over
thought

Gadjovich showed something more than Kole Lind who had a reaaal tough game. Jonah didnt really came on until the 2nd

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003

team as a whole didnt clicked at all from start to finish
USA team blue played 3 games vs 1 game. so it was clearly easy to see team blue showed a lot of chemistry especially Mittelstadt and Yamamoto line

Just when you thought of the team making something happen (which little happened) they'd take a penalty, lose the puck or incomplete pass over and over
thought

Gadjovich showed something more than Kole Lind who had a reaaal tough game. Jonah didnt really came on until the 2nd

Nice forced turnover, acceleration and then pass to get the assist (at 5:30 mark)

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Nice forced turnover, acceleration and then pass to get the assist (at 5:30 mark)

Was out there for both goals scored.

I like how this video cherry picked his shifts, but most of the time he was out there he had the puck on his stick at one point or another. Good signs.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003

I like how this video cherry picked his shifts, but most of the time he was out there he had the puck on his stick at one point or another. Good signs.

Yeah, it's hard to gauge how he did relative to the overall play. But his skating technique looks fine for his development stage. Speed/skating is likely never going to be a defining skill for him but I don't see why it should be limiting.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls

For whatever it's worth, Gadjovich is a real force against Finland today, which is more than I can say for most of the Canadian team. The D look terrible. Passes are whiffed. Gadjovich is playing big, and he gets his stick on the puck a lot. Lind and a lot of the other Canadian players kind of seem to disappear.
I've finally seen Glass, he's warming up before the third period. I was getting ready to call 911 to report his absence. Lind has at least been more prominent than Glass. But Gadjovich has been hanging around the Finn end of the rink and banging people. I'd say he was a true steal in the draft. He's clearly better than most of the rest of these guys.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
And Canada wins in OT after a crazy game!

Coach had Gadjovich, Pu, and Bitten I think out to close it off in regulation, but Juolevi's
London teammate scored with like a second remaining, so OT happened. The quick skaters
were out in OT and that's where McLeod and Girard really sparkled. Not so much Gadjovich's
thing. But he was the high-shot man with 4, had a plus-1, and obviously won the trust of the
coaching staff when you look at his deployment, both starting and ending the 3rd period for example.
To me it's remarkable how he's become a key player but, say, Cody Glass hasn't. So far at least.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
And Canada wins in OT after a crazy game!

Coach had Gadjovich, Pu, and Bitten I think out to close it off in regulation, but Juolevi's
London teammate scored with like a second remaining, so OT happened. The quick skaters
were out in OT and that's where McLeod and Girard really sparkled. Not so much Gadjovich's
thing. But he was the high-shot man with 4, had a plus-1, and obviously won the trust of the
coaching staff when you look at his deployment, both starting and ending the 3rd period for example.
To me it's remarkable how he's become a key player but, say, Cody Glass hasn't. So far at least.

Thanks, honestly I believe we drafted a player at 33 probably as good as glass and a player who went 55 probably as good as vilardi, epic draft for vancity. Even the stats are dead comparible.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yes, 2017 might go down in the annals as the best Canuck draft ever....besting even 2004 when they nabbed Schneider, Edler, Hansen and Mike Brown.

What's particularly gratifying is that 2017 wasn't generally considered to be a very good or deep draft....but their top four picks are this Summer Showcase Tournament and all looking good.

Tv9924

Sep 16, 2012
Surrey, BC
Yes, 2017 might go down in the annals as the best Canuck draft ever....besting even 2004 when they nabbed Schneider, Edler, Hansen and Mike Brown.

What's particularly gratifying is that 2017 wasn't generally considered to be a very good or deep draft....but their top four picks are this Summer Showcase Tournament and all looking good.

People said that about the 2014 and 2013 drafts as well. I'll believe it when I see it.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Thanks, honestly I believe we drafted a player at 33 probably as good as glass and a player who went 55 probably as good as vilardi, epic draft for vancity. Even the stats are dead comparible.

I won't go there until a few seasons are up, but I hope you're right about both those guys.

What was going on with Glass or his coaches that game? It's like they hardly gave Glass any ice.
Lind was more prominent, but I can't say he had a great game either. He strikes me as a guy who
really needs the extra year before he's ready to impress at the WJC. Same goes for Glass.
But "The 18-year-old Jonah Gadjovich" (see what I did there guys? :)) is actually a freak. For
a very physical player, have you noticed how few penalty minutes he racks up? It's like he's
aware of time, space, and the rules beyond his years. But he plays a hard game and he's always
in there.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Not surprised by Gadjovich. Guy needs a couple steps and he will be a force.

Interested to see how Lind progresses too. Was probably my 3rd or 4th choice where the Canucks took him.

I guess him having a good game made up for Petterson having a so/so game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad