Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

one of Canada's best players among a group of struggling Canadians. Consistently playing solid hockey during this short tourney, sure as heck looked better then glass. Great psychical player. But dangerous to put too much stock in a meaningless tourny like this.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
one of Canada's best players among a group of struggling Canadians. Consistently playing solid hockey during this short tourney, sure as heck looked better then glass. Great psychical player. But dangerous to put too much stock in a meaningless tourny like this.

Time to start hyping him up for the Olympic team... :laugh:

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
I'm assuming you're asking about Gadjovich . . . who has really looked good. Plays a heavy game,
often seen in the O-zone around the puck, hits hard but cleanly, doesn't take penalties, has good
hockey sense, very good hands and quick shot around the net. Had kind of a Cy Young last season,
I think 46 goals, so he's known as a finisher, but he sets up plays too from what I've seen in this small sample.

This kind of player is a necessity in the NHL, but the Canucks only have one or two of them
now at the very most. And that's maybe stretching it. Gadjovich could become our vanilla
version of Tkachuk.

When he didn't suit up, and the LW Kapstick took his spot and his number, and played a quicker
game pretty well, I was sure Gadjovich wasn't going to play in the final, but you never know. Find
that out tomorrow I guess. Gadjovich plays a pro-style game already, hard, smart, and heavy,
so there's no doubt in my mind that he'll be a Canuck. He's got the size and strength even now,
along with an advanced level of maturity. No stardom predictions here, but an efficient, hard-working
pro at least, middle-six, with natural leadership ability. Oddly enough, this resembles the consensus
about Bo a few years back.

Gadjovich will go back to the O for a final year, and then report to the Comets IMO. Same probably
goes for Lind, since their birthdays permit it. Unlike Lind, Gadjovich has an outside chance of making
the Canucks a year from now IMO. That's if the numbers allow it, and if his agility and first few steps
have improved. In 3 years he'll be a regular LW joining Sven and Dahlen in the rotation. If I had a crystal ball
I might say that he, Bo, and Boeser would find chemistry on and off the ice, and form a leadership triumvirate
as the heart and soul of the Canucks for the next decade.

Nice. Thank you.

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
I'm assuming you're asking about Gadjovich . . . who has really looked good. Plays a heavy game,
often seen in the O-zone around the puck, hits hard but cleanly, doesn't take penalties, has good
hockey sense, very good hands and quick shot around the net. Had kind of a Cy Young last season,
I think 46 goals, so he's known as a finisher, but he sets up plays too from what I've seen in this small sample.

This kind of player is a necessity in the NHL, but the Canucks only have one or two of them
now at the very most. And that's maybe stretching it. Gadjovich could become our vanilla
version of Tkachuk.

When he didn't suit up, and the LW Kapstick took his spot and his number, and played a quicker
game pretty well, I was sure Gadjovich wasn't going to play in the final, but you never know. Find
that out tomorrow I guess. Gadjovich plays a pro-style game already, hard, smart, and heavy,
so there's no doubt in my mind that he'll be a Canuck. He's got the size and strength even now,
along with an advanced level of maturity. No stardom predictions here, but an efficient, hard-working
pro at least, middle-six, with natural leadership ability. Oddly enough, this resembles the consensus
about Bo a few years back.

Gadjovich will go back to the O for a final year, and then report to the Comets IMO. Same probably
goes for Lind, since their birthdays permit it. Unlike Lind, Gadjovich has an outside chance of making
the Canucks a year from now IMO. That's if the numbers allow it, and if his agility and first few steps
have improved. In 3 years he'll be a regular LW joining Sven and Dahlen in the rotation. If I had a crystal ball
I might say that he, Bo, and Boeser would find chemistry on and off the ice, and form a leadership triumvirate
as the heart and soul of the Canucks for the next decade.

Strong prediction.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Really impressed with Jonah in the tourney. Needs to work on his skating in a bad way, but he is so strong and has very good hand eye coordination. Knows exactly where he needs to set up office and no one can do anything about it. Needed a player like that in our soft Twinkie like group of players.

Anyone get flashbacks of Brad May watching him play? Loved Mayday!

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Really impressed with Jonah in the tourney. Needs to work on his skating in a bad way, but he is so strong and has very good hand eye coordination. Knows exactly where he needs to set up office and no one can do anything about it. Needed a player like that in our soft Twinkie like group of players.

Anyone get flashbacks of Brad May watching him play? Loved Mayday!

Thats a pretty good comp and would be a good result for a late 2nd. Mayday before all the injuries was a solid complimentary player.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Came pretty much as advertised at Prospects Tournament....he's going to score a lot of garbage goals from in-close, even in pro hockey....seems to an immovable force down low with tons of stick leverage to overpower d-men in front.

Skating obviously an issue....but he knows it and will work on it....actually thought he was looking a little quicker by the end of the Tournament, particularly on that breakway...he's one of those kids who's birth certificate says he's only 18, but looks 28.

An impressive pick-up for the Canucks late in the second round.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Thats a pretty good comp and would be a good result for a late 2nd. Mayday before all the injuries was a solid complimentary player.

I remember when he played for Buffalo on a line with Pat Lafontaine I think...he fought two Leafs, one of them being Domi. He broke the other enforcers jaw, and then proceeded to feed Domi knuckle sandwiches. It made me an instant and life-long fan of his :laugh:

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Got a really good feeling about this man-boy. Looks like he has all the tools, and a nice developed tool box as well. Not gonna be a star on the team or anything, but I'll be surprised if he doesn't develop into a mainstay on the roster. And you know -- that's nothings to sniff at, even if it is a bottom six role. The Canucks haven't drafted that many players in the last 10 years that have had substantive careers to this point. Not compared to most of the other teams in the league, anyway.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Found the stock answer for anytime a players skating is an issue.

It's not always fixed, but skating issues are probably the most common pre-draft flaw that players can correct. On the Canucks, the Sedins and Horvat made huge post-draft strides (Hodgson not so much).

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Or play with the right players to suit his skill set.

Three teams didn't find those players? Or was it that defensively he had a big tendency to stop moving his feet completely and his awful,acceleration made him a liability? In general his skating never got to the level it needed to.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
It's not always fixed, but skating issues are probably the most common pre-draft flaw that players can correct. On the Canucks, the Sedins and Horvat made huge post-draft strides (Hodgson not so much).

Sedins are slow as hell bub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad