Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
And bump.

5 GP, 5 goals and 8 points. I just love his game - such quick hands in tight, nice ability to get deflections and track rebounds. He and Kole Lind should be locks to make the WJC roster.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yes, and because of their ages, both Lind and Gadjovich are eligible to be sent to the Comets next season.....they're on a fast-track to VanCity and could even see a call-up or two next season.....Canucks are suddenly awash with young prospects knocking on the door of the NHL.

Mudshark50

Nov 25, 2005
NorthVancouver
And bump.

5 GP, 5 goals and 8 points. I just love his game - such quick hands in tight, nice ability to get deflections and track rebounds. He and Kole Lind should be locks to make the WJC roster.

Skating
With the stats Gadjovich put up, most would think he would be a first round pick. However, there is one big issue that is putting him further down in the draft rankings, and that is his skating. His start-up and acceleration are a bit clunky, and he really needs to work on that. Once he gets going the speed isn’t as bad, but it really takes a while to reach that top end speed. This means winning races to loose pucks and other short burst actions can be an issue. He does have decent agility and edge work though, and can get by a defender in one-on-one situations. Gadjovich has good lower-body strength and balance. He is strong on the puck and cycles effectively.

If there is an encouraging sign here, it is that his skating is much better than it was a year ago. It even seemed to improve as the year went along, leading to the breakout. If teams believe that improvement can continue, he could rise up draft boards quickly.

Can anyone comment on any improvements to his skating? Would love to see a kid like this succeed.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Yes, and because of their ages, both Lind and Gadjovich are eligible to be sent to the Comets next season.....they're on a fast-track to VanCity and could even see a call-up or two next season.....Canucks are suddenly awash with young prospects knocking on the door of the NHL.

We'll have to see how those players adapt to the AHL before making claims that they are knocking at the door. If you've been a Canuck fan for a while, you have to take the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach to every single young player and prospect that joins the organization. Just seen so many hyped up guys fizzle out somewhere along the developmental pipeline.

Reactions: Canucks1096

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
We'll have to see how those players adapt to the AHL before making claims that they are knocking at the door. If you've been a Canuck fan for a while, you have to take the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach to every single young player and prospect that joins the organization. Just seen so many hyped up guys fizzle out somewhere along the developmental pipeline.

I remember a time when Josh Holden, Peter Schaefer, Harold Druken, Brad Ference and Bryan Allen were receiving the same hype. Unfortunately, over the years the Sedins, Kesler and Ohlund have been the rare exceptions rather than the norm when it comes to the Canucks highly touted prospects.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
And bump.

No, not locks at all. While their starts are nice, Gadjovich is 24th in OHL scoring while Lind is 6th. They should both get invited to the December camp but saying they are locks is way too optimistic.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Yup, this is hockey canada we are talking about.
Now it being in Buffalo and so on NA sized rinks should be in Lind and Gadjovich’s favour as neither are elite skaters and if it was on Euro ice might work against them. I’d love to see them both but think it might be asking a lot.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
No, not locks at all. While their starts are nice, Gadjovich is 24th in OHL scoring while Lind is 6th. They should both get invited to the December camp but saying they are locks is way too optimistic.

Exactly.

This is both hugely under-rating how much talent Canada has available and how much Hockey Canada values skating ability.

Good prospects, but Gadjovich's skating is outright bad right now and Lind's is mediocre at best.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Pretty sure he isn't a big fan of us after Cody "The Saviour" Hodgson was handled.

I wonder how much that carries over if there are different people running things now? Is a grudge held against the organization or the people perceived to be responsible for it? Granted, there's also a chance that the new management isn't held in the highest regard but then it'd be for different reasons (competence) than how Hodgson was handled by the previous regime.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Exactly.

This is both hugely under-rating how much talent Canada has available and how much Hockey Canada values skating ability.

Good prospects, but Gadjovich's skating is outright bad right now and Lind's is mediocre at best.

If Lind had Gadjovich's smarts, you would never, ever notice his skating.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
I am not high on Gadjovich. If he makes it to the nhl he will be 3rd/4th line player. I won't be surprise if he doesn't make it to the nhl.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
You cant confirm that its too soon bub :shakehead

Cant stand these types of attacks

Naw bub, he looks slow. You believe that all prospects will pan out, you haven't experienced any draft cycles. Most prospects never make it... Gadjovich becoming a 3rd or 4th liner would be a win for us.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Naw bub, he looks slow. You believe that all prospects will pan out, you haven't experienced any draft cycles. Most prospects never make it... Gadjovich becoming a 3rd or 4th liner would be a win for us.
Yes i have. I called Virtanen a failure since 2014 and Juolevi a bust of busts since 2016 pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad