Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
This years draft looks good because people recognize more of the names of prospects taken.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Yes, 2017 might go down in the annals as the best Canuck draft ever....besting even 2004 when they nabbed Schneider, Edler, Hansen and Mike Brown.

What's particularly gratifying is that 2017 wasn't generally considered to be a very good or deep draft....but their top four picks are this Summer Showcase Tournament and all looking good.

lmfao

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yes, 2017 might go down in the annals as the best Canuck draft ever....besting even 2004 when they nabbed Schneider, Edler, Hansen and Mike Brown.

What's particularly gratifying is that 2017 wasn't generally considered to be a very good or deep draft....but their top four picks are this Summer Showcase Tournament and all looking good.

loool

Copy and paste this into your Microsoft word and re-paste it next year and then again the year after.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Watch him play, really like the potential I'm seeing. But with every prospect you have to take small impressive spurts with a grain of salt. Players have ups and downs, I wonder what his ups and downs are. I do think he has NHL potential, but if he becomes a scoring power forward or just a 4th line grinder is still in the air. These are just the types of prospects we should be targeting, glad we have him in our systems.

His attitude seems to really line up with Horvats where it is just relentless self evaluation and dedication just to get better. Which is a huge important factor. So many skilled players just kind of coast by on their athleticism instead of actually improving. Mostly because they are so young and they really don't know what they are doing.

Anyway, I might get a package to watch him play next season.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Watch him play, really like the potential I'm seeing. But with every prospect you have to take small impressive spurts with a grain of salt. Players have ups and downs, I wonder what his ups and downs are. I do think he has NHL potential, but if he becomes a scoring power forward or just a 4th line grinder is still in the air. These are just the types of prospects we should be targeting, glad we have him in our systems.

His attitude seems to really line up with Horvats where it is just relentless self evaluation and dedication just to get better. Which is a huge important factor. So many skilled players just kind of coast by on their athleticism instead of actually improving. Mostly because they are so young and they really don't know what they are doing.

Anyway, I might get a package to watch him play next season.

Good post and completely agree.

I think we got a keeper here.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Both he and Lind have October birthdays, so they are eligible to play in the AHL in the 18-19 season which helps the Canucks have greater control over their development.

Lind needs to get stronger. Gadjovich needs to improve his skating.

By the 18-19 season, Dahlen will be in North America one way or another (NHL or AHL), and Gaudette will turn pro. Lockwood, depends how his sophomore year goes at Michigan, but I think he returns for his Junior season in 18-19. Gives some hope to the forward group.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Gadjovich not playing today against Sweden, looks weird seeing 19 on another LW, Kaspik (sp?).
Lind is playing, heard his name called just once but for a good defensive play. Pace is much quicker
this game. Dahlin not playing for Sweden. Liljegren scored a nice goal on our boy DiPietro. Petterson is
third line C but is on the PP.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
I thought Gadjovich looked like one of the better Canadian kids in the Finland game. He brought some physical intensity and got a number of decent scoring chances. Overall, the Canada looked a bit slow and plodding, not generating much sustained offense and defending a lot more than you would like. Obviously Matt Phillips got the 2 goals, and his line with MacLeod and Howden was noticeable most shifts. Raddysh was also played well with the game played at a slow pace. Gadjovich and Raddysh both benefited from the plodding pace of play. Lind, Glass and Bitten were pretty invisible to me. Other than Quenneville, the much vaunted offense from the D was not really on display either.

The Finns on the otherhand played a much more agressive game. IMO, Valimaki, Salo and Kuokkanen were their best players. Their D could be the best in the tournament if Heiskanen, Juolevi and Vaakanainen are available as well.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Both he and Lind have October birthdays, so they are eligible to play in the AHL in the 18-19 season which helps the Canucks have greater control over their development.

Lind needs to get stronger. Gadjovich needs to improve his skating.

By the 18-19 season, Dahlen will be in North America one way or another (NHL or AHL), and Gaudette will turn pro. Lockwood, depends how his sophomore year goes at Michigan, but I think he returns for his Junior season in 18-19. Gives some hope to the forward group.

Not sure about Dahlen since it sounds like the team wants him to stay with Pettersson (so they can develop together). So if they move, it'll likely be both together. The other thing is its hard to imagine say 4-5 20 yr old rookie forwards added to the AHL at the same time.

Gunnarsson on the other hand probably will come over next year too + Juolevi will be in the AHL/NHL as well next season. That's going to make a pretty exciting AHL team next year. If the team has a good run this year (like expected by a lot of people), then it might make sense to move Utica while the hype is high (assuming the plan is to move).

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
Give me a no BS homer-assessment. How has he looked so far, and what do you think, in all honesty, see him next year - 3 years from now.

Last edited:

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Give me a no BS homer-assessment. How has he looked so far, and what do you think, in all honesty, see him next year - 3 years from now.

I'm assuming you're asking about Gadjovich . . . who has really looked good. Plays a heavy game,
often seen in the O-zone around the puck, hits hard but cleanly, doesn't take penalties, has good
hockey sense, very good hands and quick shot around the net. Had kind of a Cy Young last season,
I think 46 goals, so he's known as a finisher, but he sets up plays too from what I've seen in this small sample.

This kind of player is a necessity in the NHL, but the Canucks only have one or two of them
now at the very most. And that's maybe stretching it. Gadjovich could become our vanilla
version of Tkachuk.

When he didn't suit up, and the LW Kapstick took his spot and his number, and played a quicker
game pretty well, I was sure Gadjovich wasn't going to play in the final, but you never know. Find
that out tomorrow I guess. Gadjovich plays a pro-style game already, hard, smart, and heavy,
so there's no doubt in my mind that he'll be a Canuck. He's got the size and strength even now,
along with an advanced level of maturity. No stardom predictions here, but an efficient, hard-working
pro at least, middle-six, with natural leadership ability. Oddly enough, this resembles the consensus
about Bo a few years back.

Gadjovich will go back to the O for a final year, and then report to the Comets IMO. Same probably
goes for Lind, since their birthdays permit it. Unlike Lind, Gadjovich has an outside chance of making
the Canucks a year from now IMO. That's if the numbers allow it, and if his agility and first few steps
have improved. In 3 years he'll be a regular LW joining Sven and Dahlen in the rotation. If I had a crystal ball
I might say that he, Bo, and Boeser would find chemistry on and off the ice, and form a leadership triumvirate
as the heart and soul of the Canucks for the next decade.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Looks like Gadjovich is the 5th LW today, the 13th forward or whatever. Makes sense because the
US has a lot of beef and Gadjovich could help Canada in that respect, at very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad