Prospect Info: Jonah "The Man Child" Gadjovich

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I remember a time when Josh Holden, Peter Schaefer, Harold Druken, Brad Ference and Bryan Allen were receiving the same hype. Unfortunately, over the years the Sedins, Kesler and Ohlund have been the rare exceptions rather than the norm when it comes to the Canucks highly touted prospects.

To be fair, Holden got his wrist slashed in a freak accident and was never the same. Druken had the offensive skills to play in the NHL. I forgot what his flaws were. Schaefer in his prime was a very solid 2nd line winger. We would be very happy if we had a young Schaefer in the system.

Bryan Allen was one of my fav Canucks Dman. He was what we want Gudbranson to be. Allen physically dominated and was an enthusiastic crease-clearer who threw some huge hits. Too bad injuries held him back and he didn't get the opportunities here, but if not for his injuries he would have no doubt gone on to play over 1000 games in the NHL in mostly a 2nd pairing role.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Drukens flaw was that he came back overweight after the offseason, with the argument that the Canucks wanted him to add weight , he had done it by not training enough, was never the same player after that.

Allen was a good player but getting a no 4 D-man with a top 4 pick is not good value.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Yes i have. I called Virtanen a failure since 2014 and Juolevi a bust of busts since 2016 pal

Juolevi is 1 year away from being drafted, he may be disappointing at where he was picked, but he is not considered a bust yet. Virtanen is a lost cause, but regardless, you have to give the players 5 years before really seeing what they can really do. So no, you have not experienced a draft cycle boy.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Allen was a good player but getting a no 4 D-man with a top 4 pick is not good value.

I say he was a top 4 Dman in his prime. Like I said, injuries held him back.

As for draft value, I would say he was a very solid pick. It was a a bit of no brainer pick given it was basically Stuart and him after Lecavalier and Legwand. You have to consider the draft itself. In the top 10, who was better? And after Tanguay who was better? And had the Canucks signed Allen he would have been on the team at 18 and who knows how things would have turned out without his injuries.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Owen sound is about to play against Guelph on Sportsnet. Good chance to watch gadjovich

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Gadjovich scores. Nice goal around the net as he backhands that puck in the net while covered by a dman

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So why is acquiring draft picks at the trade deadline always a good idea?.....Gadjovich is living proof.....he's the compensatory pick from the Jackets for signing Torts as their coach.....if Jimbo had actually acquired more picks over the years instead of trading them, who knows?

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
To be fair, Holden got his wrist slashed in a freak accident and was never the same. Druken had the offensive skills to play in the NHL. I forgot what his flaws were. Schaefer in his prime was a very solid 2nd line winger. We would be very happy if we had a young Schaefer in the system.

Bryan Allen was one of my fav Canucks Dman. He was what we want Gudbranson to be. Allen physically dominated and was an enthusiastic crease-clearer who threw some huge hits. Too bad injuries held him back and he didn't get the opportunities here, but if not for his injuries he would have no doubt gone on to play over 1000 games in the NHL in mostly a 2nd pairing role.

I'd be very happy trading a young Schaefer for a young Salo.
-------------------------

Holden and Allen, both with stunted development due to early career injuries. Holden also had the unfortunate setback of having management trying to force him to be the player he just wasn't.

Reactions: F A N

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
So why is acquiring draft picks at the trade deadline always a good idea?.....Gadjovich is living proof.....he's the compensatory pick from the Jackets for signing Torts as their coach.....if Jimbo had actually acquired more picks over the years instead of trading them, who knows?

That will be an interesting piece of trivia someday... especially if Gadjovich makes any kind of impact in the NHL..... he will be the last player drafted from a pick awarded to a team for their ex-coach signing elsewhere... as they don't have that rule anymore.

It's a reach, whatever... I'm bored.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Was out for lunch and his game today was on the TV so watched it in passing

He may look like a man against boys but he needs to play like it, he kind of lumbers around out there, definitely needs to up his motor

I do like Suzuki

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
lol, this place is toxic with moronic benning haters. what a useless site

Lol, what a stupid f***ing take on reality. You do realize that Benning’s results have been objectively terrible, and that the criticism he has received is almost always justified. Meanwhile their are some delusional fools that are for whatever reason praising this person that has done an objectively terrible job.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Drukens flaw was that he came back overweight after the offseason, with the argument that the Canucks wanted him to add weight , he had done it by not training enough, was never the same player after that.

it’s adequate. lots of teams get basically nothing

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Lol, what a stupid ****ing take on reality. You do realize that Benning’s results have been objectively terrible, and that the criticism he has received is almost always justified. Meanwhile their are some delusional fools that are for whatever reason praising this person that has done an objectively terrible job.
I think what pi$$es people off is that the anti-Benning spiel is posted in every single thread, not just kept to the one specifically for that.

Certainly annoys me, whether justified or not, it should be kept to the right place and not infecting every thread.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
benning is the gm. everything that flows through his authority eventually reaches him

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
An Owen Sound supporter reports that Gadjovich may be playing through a back problem, which could account for his lack of production in the playoffs. He's pointless again so far this evening, with Owen Sound leading Sault Ste Marie 5-2 in the third period. (McKenzie has 2 assists.)

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
A further report says that Gadjovich left the ice mid-way through the second period and didn't have another shift.

Reactions: Starships

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
I think what pi$$es people off is that the anti-Benning spiel is posted in every single thread, not just kept to the one specifically for that.

Certainly annoys me, whether justified or not, it should be kept to the right place and not infecting every thread.
What annoys me is they whine in every thread and Benning keeps hitting 3 or 4 homers every draft.You still have to develop theses picks,it shows your hockey sense when you pick apart the Canucks scouts when they just gave you Gaudette,Lind,Gadjovich,Petterson,Joulevi,Lookwood,Rathbone,Dahlen,Palmu,Tryamkin(don't blame him'blame WD)Demko,DiPietro,Sautner and you don't have the understanding or brain capacity to realize it takes a few years to develop them.Cry about the Virtanen pick all you want,he's still going to develop into a very good player.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Oh don't forget Boeser at 23rd overall and you have the nerve to nit pick every other pick that doesn't pan out.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
As a nuck fan as well and I`ve been that in many years so I`m happy and I hope they hit with something like in the last year draft in 2017. I hope they invest in players who can help their rebuild and guide their young prospects for a successful era since it was a rumor we had like 14 mil. cap space, and it looks promising consider the future on how they have been drafting recently, and I`m really exciting on what will happen over the summer including this 2018 draft which is a deep one.

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
An Owen Sound supporter reports that Gadjovich may be playing through a back problem, which could account for his lack of production in the playoffs. He's pointless again so far this evening, with Owen Sound leading Sault Ste Marie 5-2 in the third period. (McKenzie has 2 assists.)

He’s snake bit since the WJC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad