In Memoriam Johnny Gaudreau & Matthew Gaudreau killed by drunk driver while cycling (MOD WARNING. No Flaming, Trolling, or Politics.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
The poster I was responding to was asking if the driver being drunk was confirmed.

As far as I know that has not been confirmed.

I have seen news reports say the driver remained at the scene and spoke to police. I didn’t see anything about them being booked on suspicion of DUI, which would certainly be a newsworthy detail.

Just trying to avoid unnecessary rumors and unneeded shitty vibes in the thread since people are already derailing with rants about the driver being a murderer.

Premature and probably inappropriate either way.
People have already found his Facebook page. Social media gives even more reason to be absolutely certain about the circumstances before repeating rumors.

Reactions: SoupNazi

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Goddamnit. Had a bad feeling when I first saw the rumors last night. The feeling got worse after an hour when they had not been debunked.

Rip Johnny and Matty.

Sister’s wedding probably canceled too?
I can't imagine any world in which she doesn't need to postpone her wedding.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Has it been confirmed this driver was drunk? I read a handful of pages back that no arrest has been made.
Seems like a rumor that unlike the other rumor has no actual documented source. Just people repeating what one tweet said

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
It is this picture that hurt me. This young family, without their dad who would have surely been their hero. Life is unfair. RIP

89101735-13796559-image-a-10_1725019445930.jpg
NGL, this picture just about broke me. Those two little children, losing their daddy. That young woman, now a single mother and a widow who has to bear this tragedy the rest of her days.

EDIT: thought the children were both girls, was pointed out that they are boy+girl. My bad.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
This is just so f***ing tragic. That poor family, that's just an unimaginable loss.

All because of one asshole that couldn't stop himself from driving drunk.

Reactions: Anton13

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Absolutely shocking news. Couldn't believe the thread title when I casually popped in here this morning.

Rest in peace Johnny Hockey and brother Matthew. What an unimaginable tragedy for their family.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
This is just so f***ing tragic. That poor family, that's just an unimaginable loss.

All because of one asshole that couldn't stop himself from driving drunk.
It isn't confirmed that the driver was drunk.

Edit: looks like it is being reported that the driver is suspected of being under the influence, so nevermind

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Reactions: Dr Pepper

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Rest In Peace Johnny and Matthew. My thoughts are with their family, friends, teammates and CBJ staff and fans.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
This is so terrible. Lots of rumors of swirling, but if it was indeed a dunk driver, I hope he/she serves time.

Reactions: Anton13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad