In Memoriam Johnny Gaudreau & Matthew Gaudreau killed by drunk driver while cycling (MOD WARNING. No Flaming, Trolling, or Politics.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Now it says:

Heading toward training camp, new coach Dean Evason appeared to have two of his three forward spots filled on the top line with Gaudreau at left wing and Monahan in the middle. Now, a week after trading Patrik Laine to the Montreal Canadiens, there’s a large void of proven elite wingers and a much bigger emptiness in the hearts and minds of Gaudreau's family, teammates and all those who knew him.

It’s still terrible.

Shut up about hockey for 15 minutes you tools.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Nice article by the Columbus Dispatch, where they're focused on the important stuff: View attachment 903984

:mad:

The Dispatch has been awful for years so sadly this isn’t surprising.

Local FOX channel just confirmed that he and his brother were killed by a drunk driver as well

Condolences go out to his family, wife, and children. Gone too soon. RIP.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
PEDRICKTOWN, N.J. (CBS) — Columbus Blue Jackets player Johnny Gaudreau and his brother were killed in a crash Thursday night in Salem County, New Jersey, State Police confirmed to CBS News Philadelphia.

Gaudreau, 31, and his 29-year-old brother Matthew were riding bikes on County Route 551 in Oldmans Township, Salem County on Thursday night when they were struck by a man driving a Jeep.

Police said the driver, 43-year-old Sean Higgins of Woodstown, New Jersey, attempted to pass a slower vehicle when he hit the Gaudreau brothers.
Impatience behind the wheel can be extremely dangerous, and it seems to be a growing problem. The amount of vehicles I see doing stupid stuff just to try to get somewhere a minute or two faster is constantly growing. "Slow down and think" is something I'm trying to remind myself more and more.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
I can't even begin to imagine what this family is going through.

2 sons, 2 brothers die on the eve of their sister's wedding. Jonny Hockey leaves behind 2 babies and a wife.

I had hoped the rumors weren't true, but as the night wore the silence was deafening.

Rest in Peace Jonny. Hockey will miss you.

Just an unbelievable tragic day.
Ya, this is about as bad as it gets for a family. Absolutely brutal.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
RIP Gaudreau brothers.

Incredibly devastating to the familes/friends. The league lost a great talent as well.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center

Says it was updated, but could probably still use further revisions.

Talking about his "disappointing seasons" in the same article? Who greenlit this one?
Its actually not edited , if you scroll all tbe way down the words that keep getting posted in here are still there . Seriously who is this clown and how was this greenlit ?

Reactions: luiginb

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Gut wrenching.
I truly feel for Guy and the rest of the Gaudreau family. Losing both John and Matt together is something I couldn’t fathom as a parent. God rest their souls.

Reactions: HeadLiceHatty

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
As a person, he was a beauty. Was lucky to get him to sign my hat back when he was young.

As a player... i think he was robbed of the Hart trophy in 2022. I know plus minus is a trash stat, but there is something to be said about the highest plus minus since Wayne Gretzky in the 80s while leading your team to the conference title.

He was entertaining... there's a reason even Connor McDavid called him his favourite player.

He was all about family. I can't imagine what they are going through having lost John and Matthew. I don't think I've felt this sad about a celebrity death. Absolutely tragic
Yup.

Oiler fan through and through, but Johnny Gaudreau was always exciting to watch and could pull me from my seat. I was disappointed when he left Calgary in FA, knowing the BoA would be different. That said, that’s all unimportant now.

I’m gutted for he and his brother’s family. I was 23 when Pelle Lindbergh was killed in a vehicle accident. I never thought I’d feel the same again, but here I am.

RIP Matthew and Johnny. Condolences to the Gaudreau family.

Reactions: Arkadiusz

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
What a shame to be taken so young for something so easily avoidable. How do people still drive drunk? There is so many other options not to do it. Hell, if you're broke you could even take a bus for free and the driver won't hassle you.

Now this driver chose to not only ruin his life but countless other lives because of his selfish stupidity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad