In Memoriam Johnny Gaudreau & Matthew Gaudreau killed by drunk driver while cycling (MOD WARNING. No Flaming, Trolling, or Politics.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Its actually not edited , if you scroll all tbe way down the words that keep getting posted in here are still there . Seriously who is this clown and how was this greenlit ?

They're making changes to it, check the top of the article.....now it says "updated 8:13am", before that it was 8:04.....seems like it's gone through a few revisions as probably more and more people are tweeting about what a shitty article it is.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Regardless of whether you were a fan of Gaudreau or not, this is a tragedy on so many levels. A son, a brother, a father - all lost their lives so suddenly and tragically. Really magnifies the fragility of life and how none of us really know how much time we have on this earth.

I can't imagine that what should have been a celebration of their sister getting married is now a day of deep mourning and sorrow.

Just really exemplifies how short life can be and to make the most of our time here, and cherish the time with family and friends. I have known more than a few people who have regrets about family estrangements once their loved one passed, often suddenly.

Always a good idea to remind those who are close to us how much they are loved, while we still can.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
It is this picture that hurt me. This young family, without their dad who would have surely been their hero. Life is unfair. RIP

89101735-13796559-image-a-10_1725019445930.jpg

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
CBJ just released a statement confirming it, it's in this thread
Bettman and Blue Jackets released a statement its unfortunately confirmed

The poster I was responding to was asking if the driver being drunk was confirmed.

As far as I know that has not been confirmed.

I have seen news reports say the driver remained at the scene and spoke to police. I didn’t see anything about them being booked on suspicion of DUI, which would certainly be a newsworthy detail.

Just trying to avoid unnecessary rumors and unneeded shitty vibes in the thread since people are already derailing with rants about the driver being a murderer.

Premature and probably inappropriate either way.

Edited to add - appears the DUI detail has been confirmed.

Last edited:

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
A very tragic accident. When's the last time such a high profile current NHL player died like this?

Would be great if we could solve the drunk driver problem for good. Sadly, relying on people not being idiots only gets you so far.
Probably Pelle Lindbergh (also died in a car accident in New Jersey), who was the incumbent Vezina winner and one of the best goalies in the NHL, or Tim Horton, a Hall of Fame defensemen at the end of his career.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
Last month Vikings rookie CB Khyree Jackson was killed by a drunk driver. Now Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau....These are just a few famous people, but countless other people have been killed or injured by people who think they can drink and drive.

Drunk drivers are the worst.
Has it been confirmed this driver was drunk? I read a handful of pages back that no arrest has been made.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I don't even know what to say.

This is absolutely terrible. Sincere condolences to family and friends. What a horrible loss.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Was up all night hoping it wasn’t real. I’m sick to my stomach. Thoughts are with Jonny and Matthews family’s. Especially their wives, sisters, parents, and most importantly young children. This is absolutely devastating.

Reactions: Coffees

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Goddamnit. Had a bad feeling when I first saw the rumors last night. The feeling got worse after an hour when they had not been debunked.

Rip Johnny and Matty.

Sister’s wedding probably canceled too?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Damn story got me teared up this morning.

Life is amazing but so unfair at the same time.
I feel for his family. His kids will never remember any moment they had with him. Just breaks my heart.

It's a gut punch when I see people younger than I pass away.

Not to mention he signed in Columbus essentially for his kids.

Reactions: ShootIt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad