Confirmed with Link: Johnny Gaudreau has died at the age of 31

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Such a tragic situation, I feel for his family and friends, the hockey community as a whole and Columbus. You all have dealt with too much tragedy as a fanbase. This is a gut punch. I don’t deal well with good people going early. Grieving with all of you.

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
I know it’s not really our business to know but just curious what happens with contracts in this situation? Does his family still get paid or do players have contract insurance of some sort? I just hope the family doesn’t lose their livelyhood over a tragedy like this.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I still remember how the hockey world went into a frenzy when Johnny signed here, People couldn't believe it, hockey talking heads were asking why?, this site crashed for a moment. A star player finally chose Columbus. It was so surreal. Gone to soon Johnny. RIP #13
The absolute gall of Dom Luszczyszyn retweeting condolences messages and the team statement today. No, f*** off, Dom. You literally cried and reacted to the signing so poorly you had to edit your podcast to hide it, and have spent two full years actively mocking player, team, and city at every opportunity. You don’t get to mourn with Columbus or say a goddamn word about Johnny Gaudreau.

Anchors

Jun 30, 2019
Penguins fan here, don't post on this board often but this hit me hard. Johnny Hockey has always been one of my favorite players not only because of his skill but because of his personality. Thinking of all of you Jackets fans and his family today. I will be leaving a stick out on the front porch tonight for Johnny.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
My condolences to the Gaudreau family, and the Columbus fans and organization. This is devastating.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Pens fan who loved Johnny Hockey’s game and somebody who saw the appeal of playing in Columbus. Underrated city and a good place to raise a family and made me respect him even more when he went there.

Such a horrible tragedy. Makes you sick. Guy had his best years ahead of him in hockey and life.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad