Confirmed with Link: Johnny Gaudreau has died at the age of 31

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Thoughts are with the Gaudreau family and all the fans. Just a tragic situation that never should happen. :(

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Deepest condolences Jackets fans. You guys have been through so much you guys are in my thoughts and prayers always .

We Want Ten

Johnny Gaudreau
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Wow… Woke up and wasn’t gripping what the news was telling me. To hear all the extra details about it being his sister’s wedding and the senselessness of it really feels like a gut punch. Cannot even imagine what that family is going through right now. Heart goes out to them
That whole family just got a bomb dropped on them. I don't even know how you would recover from this. So many people affected and so much pain, condolences doesn't feel like enough to offer them.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
My sincerest condolences to Johnny's family, friends, and loved ones. This has made me so irrationally angry - drunk drivers are scum.

Considering the pathetic sentences often doled out for these kinds of actions, I really do hope that they punish the perpetrator appropriately. An example needs to be set. No justification in an age with uber, taxis, etc. NJ has an opportunity here to make a lasting positive change in response to this horrible event.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Just horrible.

I actually wish our legal system was much tougher on all severe traffic accidents. Only about a third of fatality accidents are drunk drivers. That's obviously bad and should be punished accordingly but you don't need alcohol to drive like an entitled, aggressive asshole. I see it every damn day. Even if this driver was stone cold sober he should have the book thrown at him for his decision and behavior.

Absolutely senseless. No one ever need to get somewhere that fast and that aggressively.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I can’t stop thinking about the family, but also the hockey friends. Monahan, excited to come here and raise their kids together. Kevin Hayes, Johnny’s best friend, who lost his brother almost three years ago almost to the day. Matthew Tkachuk, the Hayes’ cousin who played with Johnny in Calgary for years and now gets to start his summer with a Cup and end it with a funeral. Erik Gudbranson, whose wife is Meredith Gaudreau’s close friend, who was instrumental in bringing the Gaudreaus to Columbus. Elvis Merzlikins, whose little brother in every way but blood was also killed in an accident over a holiday weekend at a family wedding. Boone Jenner, who lost a child this spring and now has lost a second teammate in three years. And probably many, many more I can’t think to name now. Even Eric and Buddy Robinson, who each played with Johnny and we’re in his wedding party. Every death is a tragedy, but to be a distant bystander aware all of these connections just feels horrible.

I think will take a break from hockey for a while. This is too much to bear.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Condolences to y'all Jackets fans. This news is rocking us Flames fans. I can't imagine how much worse it must be for the rest of you.

Well wishes to all those who loved Johnny and Matthew.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
His OT goal in 2023 vs the Penguins is one of my top NHL moments of the last 2 years. Didn't realize how charitable he was. Thoughts are with the family, and to the team and fans that have to go through this again.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
My condolences to the family and friends, and of course to all Blue Jacket fans. This is such a tragedy for all involved, and for the game in general.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Was always a fan of his from team USA world juniors to the Calgary flames. One of my favorite players to watch.

I’ll never forget the day he signed here. I was home sick from work, just watching the madness of FA frenzy. Then the rumors started about us being in on Gaudreau. I was looking for everything to prove it. I wanted it so bad.

Then it happened and other than when we beat Tampa, and that whole playoff run in general, it was the most excited I’ve been as a CBJ fan. Finally, someone elite chose us. He wanted to be here. I almost instantly got his jersey and got season tickets. I was all in on JG.

I didn’t know him as a person but he seemed like an outstanding man. A great young father. A fantastic husband. A son. A brother.

I’m so sad. My heart goes out to his family. To his current and former teammates. To everyone who knew and loved him.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
All thoughts are with the Gaudreau family, the Blue Jackets and their fans today.

Just a devastating situation. So awful.

Seedtype

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Finally got around to looking at the news for today. Totally devastated.

My thoughts are with the Gaudreau family.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
This is a horrible tragedy. Rest easy Johnny Hockey. I will remember all of the great plays and the competitive impact to the Alberta rivalry.

More than that, two upstanding and dedicated family men. Those families will be forever impacted by an incredibly selfish act by someone else.

To those families, their friends my deepest condolences go out.

My condolences go out as well, to the Calgary, and Columbus fans. Sometimes these players are just familiar faces, but to many they are much more than that.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
My condolences to the family, teammates, friends and fans. I haven’t been on a board other than the Coyotes/Utah for years, but I wanted to come here to pay my respects.

May his memory be a blessing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad