Confirmed with Link: Johnny Gaudreau has died at the age of 31

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
Drunk drivers are scum. This POS will get 3 years in prison and live the rest of his life in relative anonymity.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
My brother is a pretty serious bicyclist. He figures that is how he’ll die someday - he’ll be riding a bike and some idiot will hit him. He has had plenty of near misses.

There are no words. Losing two family members in the primes of their lives is horrible. I feel for the two kids who will never know their father, the sister whose happiest day was ruined, and all their friends and family who have to be completely devastated.
As a frequent cyclist around Columbus I echo these thoughts... almost every ride there is at least 1 stupid, impatient driver. So this hits home even more for me... of course pales in comparison to what the family is feeling. Just a sad, sad time.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Wow… Woke up and wasn’t gripping what the news was telling me. To hear all the extra details about it being his sister’s wedding and the senselessness of it really feels like a gut punch. Cannot even imagine what that family is going through right now. Heart goes out to them

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I just can't believe this and just saw this when my friend sent me the statement. Man, I really just can't process this.

My thoughts then went to his family, what devastation.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
According to New Jersey State Police, Higgins, 43, from Woodstown, New Jersey, was traveling north on a county road in a Jeep Grand Cherokee behind a sedan and SUV around 8:20 p.m. on Thursday evening.
Higgins tried to pass the slower-moving sedan and SUV, entered the southbound lanes, passed the slower-moving sedan, and tried to re-enter the northbound lanes, state troopers said. The SUV in front of Higgins moved to the middle of the roadway, splitting the north and south lanes to safely pass the Gaudreau brothers traveling north on the right side of the roadway.

Higgins then tried to pass the SUV on the right and struck the two bicyclists in the rear, the highway patrol said. As a result of the collision, the brothers suffered fatal injuries.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm sorry, I can't. I legit can't deal. The nightmare phenomenon I've been having has had far too many super ugly scenarios, some of which I can't even discuss here because of site rules, and I simply cannot deal with the idea of one of them actually turning out to be true and happening exactly the way it played out. I can't right now. I just can't.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Hey CBJ fans. Sabres fan just dropping in to send my absolute condolences. What a terrible tragedy that should have been avoided. My thoughts are with his family, teammates, and all of you - the fans and community that are also affected by his untimely passing. So sorry.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Woke up hoping it wouldn’t be true. So very sorry to hear of their passing. I know as fans we don’t know pro athletes personally but the impact they have on our lives can be profound. I’m truly sorry for the pain and loss that comes from this tragedy. May they rest in peace and may their family find grace and mercy.

The Four Seven

Rest in Peace Johnny and Matthew
Feb 3, 2009
Central Ohio
I once said things about Johnny from the perspective of a frustrated hockey fan, but in my heart I was hopeful for this season. Hopeful for him to reconnect with Monahan and make an impact. Hopes that are now going to remain unrealized. Someone else has already said this but the fact that you can be a good man like Johnny was, and do everything right, and be so loved, and still be taken away far, far too early, all the while stupid and evil people are not only allowed to outlive but in many cases THRIVE... this world doesn't make any sense and I hate it. I hope the bastard who killed them never sees the sun or knows any form of peace in his heart ever again.

Cujorulesdtown9

More Blue Pants
Sep 9, 2007
Michigan
Went to bed late, waiting to hear this get debunked, I finally tapped out at 4am.

Woke up to one of those images.

The black and white text... that damn black and white text... from the cbj. The same text image we saw with Kivi.

I honestly dont know what to say other than RIP, and may the spirit of Johnny Hockey live on forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad