News Article: Johnny Gaudreau and brother Matthew Killed by Drunk Driver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Um the driver is on anything but suicide watch. He's actually annoyed he has to be in jail over the weekend because if labour day. He views the whole thing as a massive inconvenience for him and has the mentality of "what's the big deal?".

It's funny you think he's feeling any shame because my read is the exact opposite.
He was wearing a suicide smock, I think that's where the assumption is coming from.

Seriously though, why am I seeing posters I have never seen on HFOil coming and posting on this thread defending this piece of shit? He admitted to Police- he was drinking before, and during, his drive. He said, to police, it impacted his emotions. HE DECIDED to get behind the wheel knowing all this. HE DECIDED risking someone else's life was worth the risk. f*** that guy

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He was wearing a suicide smock, I think that's where the assumption is coming from.

Seriously though, why am I seeing posters I have never seen on HFOil coming and posting on this thread defending this piece of shit? He admitted to Police- he was drinking before, and during, his drive. He said, to police, it impacted his emotions. HE DECIDED to get behind the wheel knowing all this. HE DECIDED risking someone else's life was worth the risk. f*** that guy

100%. Like f*** off already guys. Don’t GAF about your drunk driving defence strategies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He is and he will be held accountable. But if lessons are to be drawn for the case it's also about the dangers of biking on country roads at night.

Last time I checked cars have had those bright shiny things called headlights installed on them since 1903, which really light up those bright shiny reflector things installed on bikes.

This causes the human Mark 1 eyeballs to see the things like bikes in the dark that might also be sharing the road with cars which are not supposed to be passing other cars on the right on small two lane roads.

If lessons are to be drawn from this case is 100% about NOT DRINKING AND f***ING DRIVING.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Last time I checked cars have had those bright shiny things called headlights installed on them since 1903, which really light up those bright shiny reflector things installed on bikes.

This causes the human Mark 1 eyeballs to see the things like bikes in the dark that might also be sharing the road with cars which are not supposed to be passing other cars on the right on small two lane roads.

If lessons are to be drawn from this case is 100% about NOT DRINKING AND f***ING DRIVING.
My ex wife used to work in the medical sphere. She said there were a lot of incidents involving cyclists, even in the middle of the day when drivers are not drunk. Cycling is not the safest of human activities in this day and age.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
My ex wife used to work in the medical sphere. She said there were a lot of incidents involving cyclists, even in the middle of the day when drivers are not drunk. Cycling is not the safest of human activities in this day and age.

There is no false equivalency between them being on that road cycling and a drunk driver passing on the right, hitting and killing them. This is 100% on the drunk driver. 0% on the cyclists.

There are a bazillion things that aren’t the safest of human activities. In this day and age there is a safe assumption you can bike and not be hit by a drunk driver. It’s reasonable risk hundreds of millions of people take daily. Why? Because most of the time it is safe.

Except when some selfish prick decides he needs to test his F1 driving skills in his shitty Jeep CJ after hammering back at least a half case of beer with a road cold one cracked open snugly between his thighs.

esks123

May 27, 2011
Definitely agree, in a perfect world this never happens -- however almost all road rage / car crashes happen while people are completely sober.

The world isn't black and white. Drunk drivers should be punished harshly but saying they'd be alive if he was sober, I just don't agree with. Looking at the infograph, reading articles, piecing it together it seems like a combination of terrible factors culminating in a tragedy. Happens all the time unfortunately, across the world.

There isn't a curb/shoulder on the particular road.

The police mention it was raining as well as them driving along the fog line. It's a terrible culmination of factors.
Attempting to justify drunk driving? Pathetic. Hopefully this never happens to one of your loved ones.

CageRage

Aug 15, 2009
Absolutely. You couldn't pay me enough money to cycle down the shoulder of a highway. I don't trust other people that much.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
It is 2024, not 1920. Lots of cars and potentially lots of dumbasses driving them. Where did i equate drunk driving and biking?
When you reply that if there is a lesson to be learned and immediately elevate biking at night.

And yes it’s 2024. People,should know not to drink and drive. That doesn’t mean you should have to give up other legal activities and pursuits.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
When you reply that if there is a lesson to be learned and immediately elevate biking at night.
Because I don't drive a car. So that's the thing I focus on. People who identify as drivers, of course, will focus on the driver.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I didn't say they were, did I?

Headline - 2 Cyclists Killed By Drunk Driver

Poster - “Cycling is dangerous”

You - “I agree, you couldn’t pay me to cycle on the shoulder of a highway”

Just connecting the dots for you.

Because I don't drive a car. So that's the thing I focus on. People who identify as drivers, of course, will focus on the driver.

So people with a drivers licence then.

Read my to post Cagerage because your not getting it.

Headline - 2 Cyclists Killed by Drunk Driver

You - “Cycling is dangerous”

Read the room for f***s sake.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Headline - 2 Cyclists Killed By Drunk Driver

Poster - “Cycling is dangerous”

You - “I agree, you couldn’t pay me to cycle on the shoulder of a highway”

Just connecting the dots for you.

So people with a drivers licence then.

Read my to post Cagerage because your not getting it.

Headline - 2 Cyclists Killed by Drunk Driver

You - “Cycling is dangerous”

Read the room for f***s sake.
Calm down.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Hard to comprehend the profound grief for the Gaudreau family and large, extended ones through the hockey brotherhoods the two guys fostered over their short lives.

Everyone entering a two thousand pound weapon bares great responsibility to do so safely and sober with keen eye for all forms of pedestrian movement. This discussion deflecting around an entirely avoidable tragedy be like:

North

Jun 25, 2009
What are you doing?

There were cars ahead that saw the cyclists and avoided them.

This dude had been drinking and was driving aggressively.

The victim blaming is off putting.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I was driving on a single lane country road and I saw a cyclist riding down the road while holding what looked like a 6 month old baby on his seat. No special seat or helmet on the baby, just holding it with one arm while his other arm was controlling the bike.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad