Johnny Gaudreau: 2015/16 expectations?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
im gonna say johnny boy scores 35 goals and 56 assists for 91 points

I have him anywhere between 75 - 85 points if he plays a full season. But I wouldn't be shocked if he went higher. Nothing he does surprises me any more.

I think he'll do 32g 49a 81p

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
After watching his start to this year, he looks to have taken a huge step forward with his speed, strength, and confidence with the puck.

Think that some of these predictions might end up a bit on the low side.

He's now how 77 points in his last 89 gp, including playoffs.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Oh god. Here we go.
at least it wasn't a Flames fan that bumped it :laugh:

I do wonder if Whiskey has ties to Gaudreau though, not in a "maybe it's his mom way" but someone who saw him play a youngster in NJ and has been a big fan since

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
After watching his start to this year, he looks to have taken a huge step forward with his speed, strength, and confidence with the puck.

Think that some of these predictions might end up a bit on the low side.

He's now how 77 points in his last 89 gp, including playoffs.

Yeah, it feels like him scoring 75 (my earlier projection of 28g and 47a) is a modest prediction. 4 points through 2 games already. It feels like Gaudreau could be "that player" that breaks out and performs at a pace that is well above other elite peers. A ppg possibility is certainly there. I'll stick with my modest prediction and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised (sort of, sort of not haha).

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Yeah, it feels like him scoring 75 (my earlier projection of 28g and 47a) is a modest prediction. 4 points through 2 games already. It feels like Gaudreau could be "that player" that breaks out and performs at a pace that is well above other elite peers. A ppg possibility is certainly there. I'll stick with my modest prediction and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised (sort of, sort of not haha).

Not only does he have 4 points, but all of his points were well earned. They weren't the product of lucky bounces or garbage goals. Each point was the result of a great hockey play.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
They take back the Calder they gave to Ekblad. They retire 13 across the league. Jagr says he'll lose 70 pounds just to get to Johnny size.

Predictions = made.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Not only does he have 4 points, but all of his points were well earned. They weren't the product of lucky bounces or garbage goals. Each point was the result of a great hockey play.

Very true. I wanted to post something in the Panarin/Kane thread about their awesome shift yesterday, that Gaudreau/Monahan/Hudler had one nearly as impressive as that too - it just didn't end up in a goal. But they had several very dominant shifts where they maintained control in the offensive end for long periods of time. But anyway, the Panarin/Kane dominance deserved its own limelight. I'll be okay with our top line flying under the east's and Midwest's radar again.

DSuttersface

Dec 28, 2014
SoCal

If he can play like he did last night throughout most of the season he'll easily eclipse 80 points. He was unreal last night. And you think for a guy so small that he would get crushed by big defensemen but he always seems to find a way to avoid hits. He's very elusive. He almost looks like a point guard out there directing the puck or finding it and shooting. As a neutral fan he's so much fun to watch. :yo::handclap::popcorn:

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
Not impossible for him to in the Art Ross. He has rare talent.

Yeah I feel the same. I'm not saying he's a lock for it or anything, but he certainly is capable of it. I would not be surprised at all one day if he won it. One of those rare special players. Flames are lucky to have him.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think he still might be a year from art ross contention, but its hard to bet against a guy who just gets better and better.

He's the best player from the 2011 draft for my money.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Johnny Hockey sure know what it means to "pick one's spots". The kid has it.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
If he can play like he did last night throughout most of the season he'll easily eclipse 80 points. He was unreal last night. And you think for a guy so small that he would get crushed by big defensemen but he always seems to find a way to avoid hits. He's very elusive. He almost looks like a point guard out there directing the puck or finding it and shooting. As a neutral fan he's so much fun to watch. :yo::handclap::popcorn:

Yeah, it was funny because he set up the tying goal by going into the right corner against two big Canucks D-men and escaping with the puck. He's survived this long, one has to believe he's learned the art. He reminds me a bit of Paul Kariya - thankfully they've been trying to remove the head-hits from the game, so hopefully his career ends differently than Paul's.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
at least it wasn't a Flames fan that bumped it :laugh:

I do wonder if Whiskey has ties to Gaudreau though, not in a "maybe it's his mom way" but someone who saw him play a youngster in NJ and has been a big fan since

I don't mind going out and bumping these threads. He frankly deserves more hype for the way he's been playing and the potential he has, especially given all the hate spewed towards him as recently a last season. It's crazy to think that after the show he put on last year, there are still people who believe he over-achieved and is bound to regress.

I've always been a sucker for high IQ players, and Johnny has the best on-ice vision of any player since the 2005 lockout. I always get roasted for this, and it's hard to compare between generations, but IMO the way he sees the ice is rivaled by only 99. The kid looks poised for super stardom - he could literally end up the best forward in Flames history. Wouldnt be at all surprised to see him become a perennial Art Ross contender, in a league with guys like Crosby, McDavid, Eichel, Tavares, Kane etc.

FYI, I saw Gaudreau play once in the USHL and that was when I was hooked. Anyone who followed the USHL that season would tell you the kid was underrated, and that size wouldn't be an issue. Still can't believe he fell to the 4th round, he wasn't as well kept of a secret that Button and co thought at the time of the draft.

Too bad my Devils were blind to him and picked Reid Boucher instead (who I still like as a prospect, but with Gaudreau on the board? C'mon!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad