Johnny Gaudreau: 2015/16 expectations?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
If the Flames top line stays healthy all year Johnny Hockey will easily be a PPG player.

Last year he finished with 64 points and only had 1 in his first 10 (and was scratched early on). Basically had 63 points in 70 games as a rookie.

Gaudreau and Monahan are a great and dynamic tandem. Gaudreau has insane vision and Monahan has an elite shot. Both will be PPG players for the next decade if they find a good replacement when Hudler inevitably leaves.

Gaudreau with around 24 goals, 55 assists this year.

JFHockey

Nov 8, 2014
Calgary
They take back the Calder they gave to Ekblad. They retire 13 across the league. Jagr says he'll lose 70 pounds just to get to Johnny size.

Predictions = made.

In five years from now, the average weight of an NHLer will be 162 lbs.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
:laugh: wow....................The kid is one big hit away from Calgary not making the playoffs.

Keep dreaming Canucks fan, keep dreaming.

And while were on the subject - why are you guys so obsessed with Gaudreau getting injured? It's rather unbecoming.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
:laugh: wow....................The kid is one big hit away from Calgary not making the playoffs.

nxnoOZ6.jpg

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
If the Flames top line stays healthy all year Johnny Hockey will easily be a PPG player.

Last year he finished with 64 points and only had 1 in his first 10 (and was scratched early on). Basically had 63 points in 70 games as a rookie.

Gaudreau and Monahan are a great and dynamic tandem. Gaudreau has insane vision and Monahan has an elite shot. Both will be PPG players for the next decade if they find a good replacement when Hudler inevitably leaves.

Gaudreau with around 24 goals, 55 assists this year.

You can't just remove games when he isn't good and say "basically 63 in 70 games."

He'll be good but there is very little chance he is a PPG player. There just aren't that many in the league and Gaudreau isn't that good to be one this early in his career.

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
Keep dreaming Canucks fan, keep dreaming.

And while were on the subject - why are you guys so obsessed with Gaudreau getting injured? It's rather unbecoming.

Don't paint us with the same brush, it's rather unbecoming.

I mean, if St. Louis can win the Art Ross, why can't Gaudreau? Probably not this year, but certainly some day. That said, St. Louis was a compact physical specimen, but Gaudreau has an elusiveness to his skating that allows him to roll off contact. Sure, he'll never be a board player, but I don't think he needs to be one to have success. Just line him up with the right players.

He does need to work on building more strength and shooting more.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You can't just remove games when he isn't good and say "basically 63 in 70 games."

He'll be good but there is very little chance he is a PPG player. There just aren't that many in the league and Gaudreau isn't that good to be one this early in his career.

He's got 77 points in his last 89 gp, playing half of last year with 3rd liners as a rookie. He's shown a history of progressing in his career at advanced rates, and looks significantly better this year already.

There is a fairly good chance he is a PPG player this season IMO.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013

Basically his first 10 games of pro hockey. Is mcdavid allowed some time to get used to pro hockey?

vannuckles

DieBettmanDie
Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C

Don't paint us with the same brush, it's rather unbecoming.

I mean, if St. Louis can win the Art Ross, why can't Gaudreau? Probably not this year, but certainly some day. That said, St. Louis was a compact physical specimen, but Gaudreau has an elusiveness to his skating that allows him to roll off contact. Sure, he'll never be a board player, but I don't think he needs to be one to have success. Just line him up with the right players.

He does need to work on building more strength and shooting more.

Please point me to where I stated I wanted to see him injured.....as far as his ability to take the Art Ross, perhaps you should re-read the title. I have not once stated that he could never do it, just not this season.

Sorry but against company such as Stamkos, Crosby, Ovie, etc, I find it damn near impossible for him to take it.

As far as his durability goes, it is yet to be seen. He may be able to slip checks right now, but his size does dictate he will probably get murdered from a big hit. His frame is tiny. You can not even say he is similar to Martin St. Louis, that guy is an anomaly (and 30 lbs heavier).

Last edited:

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
As far as his durability goes, it is yet to be seen. He may be able to slip checks right now, but his size does dictate he will probably get murdered from a big hit. His frame is tiny. You can not even say he is similar to Martin St. Louis, that guy is an anomaly (and 30 lbs heavier).
People have been saying the same thing since he was 12. There was an other guy who they said the same things about...Wayne something I think.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Regardless as to what you say about his durability, it has yet to be seen.

HA! first the Art Ross talk, now Gretzky comparisons.... This can not get any better.
I'm comparing durability not play. He has been very durable, he's been hit,slashed and hacked since his USHL/college days, he's always been the star and gets the attention but ......no games missed the last 5 years.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
Please point me to where I stated I wanted to see him injured.....as far as his ability to take the Art Ross, perhaps you should re-read the title. I have not once stated that he could never do it, just not this season.

Sorry but against company such as Stamkos, Crosby, Ovie, etc, I find it damn near impossible for him to take it.

This is the evolution of your camp's thinking, and by that I mean many, but not all, Canucks fans:

-Gaudreau won't be able to make the team, he's too small.
-Gaudreau won't be able to compete against "real" NHL'ers, he's too small.
-Gaudreau won't be able to compete against proper NHL D-men, he's too small.
-Now that proper NHL D-men have played against Gaudreau, he won't be able to compete; he's too small.
- Inevitably, Gaudreau will suffer a career-ending injury.

It's been quite a thing to behold, really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad