Johnny Gaudreau: 2015/16 expectations?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

longchange

Feb 18, 2012
I'm enjoying the people saying "he won't score that many points because teams now have his number blah blah blah".

I'm not even a big fan of his but the complete disregard for his talent and ability to create is hilarious.

Nucks N Canes

Jun 22, 2011
I'm enjoying the people saying "he won't score that many points because teams now have his number blah blah blah".

I'm not even a big fan of his but the complete disregard for his talent and ability to create is hilarious.

Pretty sure Gaudreau is going to be a solid 50-60 point player but nothing close to a long-term 70-80 guy, he's too small, he keeps his head down too long, and he gets dominated by possession players, good coaches will shut him down.

• Haha
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

longchange

Feb 18, 2012
Pretty sure Gaudreau is going to be a solid 50-60 point player but nothing close to a long-term 70-80 guy, he's too small, he keeps his head down too long, and he gets dominated by possession players, good coaches will shut him down.
I disagree with him being too small but the keeping his head down too long is a valid point. I believe he will be a ~70 point player. Even when people key in on him he's found ways to create opportunities and I don't see that changing at all.

Nucks N Canes

Jun 22, 2011
I disagree with him being too small but the keeping his head down too long is a valid point. I believe he will be a ~70 point player. Even when people key in on him he's found ways to create opportunities and I don't see that changing at all.

I would disagree, he was a ghost in the first series beyond game 6 which was so open and such bad goaltending, Bissonnette would have scored some goals.

In Anaheim the coach knew he was too small and hid him as well, including benching him. I just can see him being similar to Skinner and being forced to change his style of play.

longchange

Feb 18, 2012
I would disagree, he was a ghost in the first series beyond game 6 which was so open and such bad goaltending, Bissonnette would have scored some goals.

In Anaheim the coach knew he was too small and hid him as well, including benching him. I just can see him being similar to Skinner and being forced to change his style of play.

He had 3 points in the first 4 games of the first series against Vancouver…I guess that's being a ghost lol. And yeah he blew it open in game 6 with 3 points. 6 points in 6 games…terrible.

And the "benching"…Hartley took him out when the game was out of reach. Interpret that whatever way you want. He finished the Anaheim series with 3 points in 5 games.

9 points in 11 games in his first NHL playoffs…I'm not sure this should be your argument.

Lastly, Skinner does not have the same skill-set as Gaudreau. Not even close really.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Yea, he was such a ghost in the playoffs. Only 9 points in 11 games, carrying his line, as Hudler and Monahan were borderline useless for much of the playoffs.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

This is post is complete and utter garbage. I mean I've seen the size argument before (though you'd think that people would shy away from that eventually).

But he is probably the most heads up player in the entire league - he has to be because of his size. To say he keeps his head down too long is like saying Zdeno Chara is too small for the NHL.

Seriously, have you ever seen him play?

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston

Had a rather nice backhand on a setup from Kevin Hayes and Bill Arnold tonight in a charity game.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Seriously, have you ever seen him play?

Have you seen him play?

Weren't you the guy a few months back claiming he had better hockey sense than Wayne Gretzky?

Weren't you the guy a few months back that had the Calder as a Johnny Gaudreau love in? That had him as a way better hockey player than Ekblad and Stone and having a way better, more important year than Stone? I think maybe the hockey community, through their Calder voting, may have viewed the situation differently than you did.

He's a good hockey player. We get it. But you somehow seemed to get all wrapped up and offended when others don't put him on the same pedestal that you do.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Have you seen him play?

Weren't you the guy a few months back claiming he had better hockey sense than Wayne Gretzky?

No one has ever made that claim. Might want to go back and actually read what I wrote.

Weren't you the guy a few months back that had the Calder as a Johnny Gaudreau love in? That had him as a way better hockey player than Ekblad and Stone and having a way better, more important year than Stone? I think maybe the hockey community, through their Calder voting, may have viewed the situation differently than you did.

What's a love in? Anyways, I don't really know what you are talking about, Stone and Ekblad had excellent years and are tremendous young players. I felt Gaudreau was more important to his team's success, but obviously the sports media felt different.

He's a good hockey player. We get it. But you somehow seemed to get all wrapped up and offended when others don't put him on the same pedestal that you do.

I don't think you do get it. You obviously have have a hard time comprehending my past posts.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Have you seen him play?

Keep in mind that despite finishing third in the voting, Gaudreau still had plenty of first-place votes, so this doesn't really make the point that you think it does. Many sports writers agree with WhiskeyYourTheDevils.

commie

Jul 30, 2005
Johnny Hockey?
Nothing short of 92 goals and 220 points is a disappointment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad