Johnny Gaudreau: 2015/16 expectations?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
I'd guess anywhere between 70 and 75 points.

I don't think he'll explode, but he should be able to hit 70 given that he won't be sitting out games at the start of the year, or be relegated to the 4th line/bench like he was at the start of last year.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
i think he, and the team, will hit a sophormore slump, hit 50-60p, then bounce back to 60-70

Ya... by the all star break

up top!
nUSG4kV.gif

Mighty Chin

Dec 13, 2013
You can only surprise teams once in the NHL. They all have books on him now. He'll be focused on more.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Strongly betting against a sophomore slump. I predict 82 points even.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I think Johnny is going to go into next season as more of a goal scorer than a playmaker. Last year he was still adjusting to the positioning/stickwork of defenseman and the amount of space NHL goalies take up on the strong side. He really found what works and what doesn't as March/April went along.

34 G
42 A
76P
80 GP

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
I think between 60-70 pts. However down the road, I could totally see him being a ppg guy. This kid oozes talent like I haven't seen in years. Not many Kane-like players in the game today, but he's one of them. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he was in Art Ross contention one day (not next season) like Kane was this past season.

I think it's kind of neat that him and Stone are probably going to be compared to each other for a long time, similar to how Ovy and Crosby were when they first came into the league. It'll be interesting to compare both their careers in a couple years.

Meowmix

Apr 10, 2015
the Netherlands
I think we've only scratched the surface on Gaudreau. In college he had about 1/1.5/2 ppg in years 1/2/3, I can just see him outperforming himself by a great margin and go up to 1 ppg, but ending with about the same amount of points due to missing 10-15 games with a minor injury.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I think Calgary offense regresses a bit so he finishes a tad under 70 points

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
The kid seems to trend up wherever he plays.

I would expect he'll probably finish between 78 and 80 points, but his goals to assist ratio will increase now that he's more comfortable with shooting the puck.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I think Calgary offense regresses a bit so he finishes a tad under 70 points

This seems right to me. Calgary had a dream season that likely gave everyone a little boost (see Avs two years ago) which is probably not sustainable. That said, Gaudreau is a legit hockey savant and will settle in as 75 pt player as Calgary nurtures what is sure to be a very promising core of talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad