Johnny Gaudreau: 2015/16 expectations?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I think Gaudreau scores same as this year... +/- 5 points. I also think he will have more assists than goals this season.

I also think FF might score more than JG, and Stone less than JG.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Too small to play in the bottom 6, not talented enough to play bottom 6...

I'll say 22g 41a 63pts in the AHL.

Relax it was a joke. JG is awesome.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Nvm... Shouldn't poke fun at another player.

Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
Much like 40-50 points would have been a very good season last year, 60+ points again this year would be a good season (60 point sophomores are very impressive).

Nothing would shock me though, as far being a PPG guy. Gaudreau is a cerebral player who tends to get stronger as the season goes on - as his career goes on. Whiskey (I think) had some great breakdowns on his progression over time. Those would be useful again here. Obviously, JG has proven the doubters wrong before so who knows.

JFHockey

Nov 8, 2014
Calgary
My predictions for Johnny have become "the opposite of what the haters say", but there appear to be no haters left, so now I don't know what to think.

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
You can only surprise teams once in the NHL. They all have books on him now. He'll be focused on more.

Tell that to the Kings, he owned them all season.

On Dec 22, 2014 against the Kings Gaudreau scored a natural hat-trick to erase a 3-0 deficit. the 3rd goal being a bank shot off of Doughty's skate. (Gio later scored in OT)

Their leaders like Doughty were pretty dismissive and cocky about Gaudreau. On the 1st goal celebration you can see Stoll mouthing him off while he's hugging his team mates. Doughty quotes after the game like "we know what he's all about now" etc. He still made the Kings D look like pylons every game after.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The only predictions that matter are Aaron Ward's anyway. Personally, I think we're looking at a 70 point regular season next year.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
He is a great player ,dont get me wrong but 80 points .Even Crosby had a tough time getting to that number

..........Crosby got to that number playing with such chemistry boons as Scuderi, Klinkhammer, Kunitz, and Perron. He could get to that number with one arm tied behind his back if he was playing with Giordano, Hudler, Brodie, Hamilton, Wideman, Russell etc.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Oiler fan here, thinking he will hit 80 if league-wide scoring swings back up.

He put up those impressive numbers weighing 150lbs soaking wet.

If he can pack on 20 lbs of muscle this offseason, be stronger on the puck, a bit more quick, a harder shot, and more mature in reading the play.

Dougie Hamilton means more puck support, and Sam Bennett's arrival will mean more forward depth (just harder to cover 1 guy).

Flames are a much better team, and I think he's gonna step forward in a big way.

LethalCookie

Mar 23, 2015
Guelph
I don't think some people realize how many chances he created out of nowhere, and how a lot of guys were sometimes unable to convert those chances. I think 72 points is what he hits over an 82 game season.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Kid has sophomore slump written all over him.

lll got with 52 Points, 21 Goals.

What makes you say that? Is it because he far exceeded your expectations this year?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1709143

But if your rookie season forecast of 16-30 points is any indication of his production, he might break 100 points next year, given you think he could break 50.

Of note, BeesFan almost called it on the button for Gaudreau's rookie season, including gp! (Page 1 of thread I linked)

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
Tell that to the Kings, he owned them all season.

On Dec 22, 2014 against the Kings Gaudreau scored a natural hat-trick to erase a 3-0 deficit. the 3rd goal being a bank shot off of Doughty's skate. (Gio later scored in OT)

Their leaders like Doughty were pretty dismissive and cocky about Gaudreau. On the 1st goal celebration you can see Stoll mouthing him off while he's hugging his team mates. Doughty quotes after the game like "we know what he's all about now" etc. He still made the Kings D look like pylons every game after.

to be fair, the Flames as a team had the Kings number all season, it wasnt* just JG. also, to say he made the Kings D 'look like pylons' is pretty ****ing ridiculous. the kid is good, but lets relax on the hyperbole here.

Last edited:

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
I stand by that remark it's exactly what he did :)

Edit: I remember many of your own fans saying the same thing in your PGTs, particularly about Matt Greene and Robyn Regehr

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I stand by that remark it's exactly what he did :)

Edit: I remember many of your own fans saying the same thing in your PGTs, particularly about Matt Greene and Robyn Regehr

I distinctively remember him dancing the pants off Greene en route to setting up a beauty goal.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
He'll be lucky to get 30 pts... his scoring pace is unsustainable. Just like his team.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Hes a good player but it was a perfect storm for him last season, with zero expectations on the flames to do anything, and Hudler having a career year. He will rebound and eventually exceed what he did last season when their young C's mature, but wouldn't be surprised if his point tally regressed significantly this upcoming season

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Hes a good player but it was a perfect storm for him last season, with zero expectations on the flames to do anything, and Hudler having a career year. He will rebound and eventually exceed what he did last season when their young C's mature, but wouldn't be surprised if his point tally regressed significantly this upcoming season

Id say he was a major contributer to Hudlers career year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad