Johnny Gaudreau: 2015/16 expectations?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
lol 12 points not 16. Not sure if that was a typo or if I was still drunk from the game and doing beer math

Oct 23 vs. Red Wings - 2 assists
Nov 7 vs. Penguins - 2 goals, 1 assist
Dec 4 vs. Bruins - 3 goals, 1 assist
Dec 22 vs. Jets - 3 goals

Haha, okay. That's better. Amazing stats still.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Ok that's true. Those are pretty close but I don't think they are on the level of Seguin-Benn or Perry-Getzlaf although they are pretty good too.

The Sedins have been better than Getzlaf/Perry for two years now, though I generally agree with everything you're saying, sorry to nitpick lol.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
The Sedins have been better than Getzlaf/Perry for two years now, though I generally agree with everything you're saying, sorry to nitpick lol.

Hardly. Their year with Tortorella was a dumpster fire and last year the Sedin's barely got past Getzlaf offensively. Perry had a great season in 2014/15 as well, 33 goals in <70 games ..not sure what agenda motivates such an inaccurate post. I love the twins too, so don't get me wrong.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
2 more holiday goals against Edmonton tonight following a pre-break hat trick. Same exact thing he did last year.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Hardly. Their year with Tortorella was a dumpster fire and last year the Sedin's barely got past Getzlaf offensively. Perry had a great season in 2014/15 as well, 33 goals in <70 games ..not sure what agenda motivates such an inaccurate post. I love the twins too, so don't get me wrong.

past 2 years meaning this year and last, it's pretty easy to see that. The Sedins were both top 10 in scoring last year and are again this year.

Johny Hockey is just incredible, wow.

CgyFlamesftw

Apr 28, 2009
Fan 960 says a source heard McLennan didn't want to pull talbot to let Johnny hockey get another hat trick. Lmao if true what a sad effort, who cares your team should try to win.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Fan 960 says a source heard McLennan didn't want to pull talbot to let Johnny hockey get another hat trick. Lmao if true what a sad effort, who cares your team should try to win.

Wouldn't blame him a demoralizing breakdown loss is bad enough, before every player on your team needs to hear from the media about how much better Gaudreau is until the New Year.

monkeywrench

May 11, 2010
Edmonton

Sounds like a Calgary media speculating. And if so they weren't coming back so I see no problem with that

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site

He didn't want to let a 4th rounder outshine his 1st overall picks I guess. It's the only reason I could think of for not pulling the goalie... a terrible reason.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
That's sad when you don't pull your goalie against your divisional and geographical rivals. Such a bad message to the team: goal differential is more important than wins. I love it :laugh:

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Paging Glenn Healy...

Seriously though, has he said anything about Johnny since his comments about him last year? Mea culpa?
Many have on twitter and of course the weasel won't respond, no doubt he has told his on air partners not to bring up his name.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I think it was more of a message to his team. TMac's a good coach.

Man, Johnny has had some kind of December. Unstoppable.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
lol 12 points not 16. Not sure if that was a typo or if I was still drunk from the game and doing beer math

Oct 23 vs. Red Wings - 2 assists
Nov 7 vs. Penguins - 2 goals, 1 assist
Dec 4 vs. Bruins - 3 goals, 1 assist
Dec 22 vs. Jets - 3 goals

And to continue my useless stat, with 2 goals tonight Johnny now has 14 points in 5 games wearing the 3rd jersey.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That's sad when you don't pull your goalie against your divisional and geographical rivals. Such a bad message to the team: goal differential is more important than wins. I love it :laugh:

I said it in the Flames thread. Lemaire use to do it, to send a message to the team. I doubt it'll have any kind of impact on Edmonton.

Johnny would be slick with double-up hatties.

Draw Me a McElephant

Mar 9, 2011

Utter BS. Pulling the goalie with around 30 seconds left when down by 2 makes no sense. Especially when the team is playing like garbage. Game was over, why hand them another free goal?

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
I would believe something like this from MacT or KLowe but I think McLennan has more class than that. I suppose some of their stink rubbed off on him though.

In the end Gaudreau could care less, he likes to score the hard way.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Utter BS. Pulling the goalie with around 30 seconds left when down by 2 makes no sense. Especially when the team is playing like garbage. Game was over, why hand them another free goal?

To me it sends a pretty bad message, waiving the white flag like that. We've seen teams score 2 goals in the last 2 minutes plenty of times.

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I would believe something like this from MacT or KLowe but I think McLennan has more class than that. I suppose some of their stink rubbed off on him though.

In the end Gaudreau could care less, he likes to score the hard way.

nothing hard about scoring off Justin Schultz turnovers

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007

Actually the Oilers gained possession after the 5th Flames goal @ 1:49 remaining, more than enough time to pull the tender and pot 2.

The Flames did it with less last season :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad