John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
Well it worked.

People acting like the combatants lives were in danger. Give me a break.

Better a fight than skaters accidentally trying to run over each other for the rest of the game.

I really wonder if any player would hesitate to check or hit another player prior to the hit. Both teams clearly showed to play hard, the fight or the hit did not change that.

Alkalinesky

Feb 13, 2019
Thank goodness. Everything coming back clear is quite remarkable. I thought for sure that's at least a concussion. Hopefully he's able to get back on the ice soon.

Bad job by the trainers for trying to get him up into a seated position though. Any time there is a suspected head injury the 1st rule is to not move the patient and to stabilize the head.

Such a scary scene. I'm thrilled to hear he seems to be doing ok so far.

He is absolutely concussed. "Clear" means he will survive and have full use of his extremities, not that he's totally fine.

As a wife and a mother, my heart sank for her having to watch that. If I had to venture a guess, I think that's who Dubas called as he was rushing to the ice.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Yes exactly like that like that. I see fights after big hits, cheap shots all the time, it is part of the game unfortunately. If you don’t see that do you even watch hockey?
To me there is a huge difference between big hits and cheap shots.
This injury was neither of those things.

Reactions: Unspecified

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
I agree it shouldn’t but it happens all the time which you seem to think it doesn’t. You have to stop fighting in hockey completely if you want to stop it. I guarantee Perry has fought numerous times because he thought somebody on the opposing team did something wrong to a player on his team.
I think Perry was more concerned about Tavares than fighting Foligno. Foligno should of realized that and held off. He could of waited until next game to fight Perry if need be.

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
Holy shit, stay classy.

Well guess Toronto and Mtl have unclassy newspapers...
E16HbEfVIAYSEh0

Reactions: sayonara

Mar 26, 2010
Tavares is a family man with 2 kids. Absolutely hate to see things like this happen. I felt sick to my stomach watching this and wish John the very best and a speedy recovery.

I think it’s safe to say we will not see him back on the ice this season. He needs to look after himself first!

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I have a hard time accepting that any pitch hitting someone is genuinely accidental. At the very best its careless.

But what if a defensive play accidentally hit a star player who was running base. Then is this stupid "code" also gets into effect?

Umm ...Sorry you can be totally 100 percent careful and still makes mistakes. Its called life. Careless =acting without care. . Father and sons can play baseball together and these mistakes can happen. Just curious, if the batter hits a comebacker that strikes a player or even a pitcher on the head, is he being careless?

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
I think Perry was more concerned about Tavares than fighting Foligno. Foligno should of realized that and held off. He could of waited until next game to fight Perry if need be.
Yes I agree with that too but if it wasn’t Perry it probably wouldn’t of happened. I’d say because it was Perry is the reason they fought. Unfortunately because of Perry track record that fight would happen to him away more then others.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Thank goodness. Everything coming back clear is quite remarkable. I thought for sure that's at least a concussion. Hopefully he's able to get back on the ice soon.

Bad job by the trainers for trying to get him up into a seated position though. Any time there is a suspected head injury the 1st rule is to not move the patient and to stabilize the head.

Such a scary scene. I'm thrilled to hear he seems to be doing ok so far.

The tests they were running on him were likely to check for any spinal fractures or brain bleeds. He very likely has a concussion, as he was kept overnight and will examine his symptoms today.

And the trainer wasn't trying to get him up, Tavares was getting up on his own (because he was completely out of it), and the trainer was bracing his neck to make sure he didn't further injure himself while doing so. He was almost certainly telling Tavares to not move, but Tavares was in such a daze he probably didn't realize what exactly was going on.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

As stupid as this may sound given what traditional hockey culture dictates, Foligno also could have put the issue to bed by just giving Perry a pat on the shoulder to say it's OK. For something this scary and alarming I don't think it would have been that crazy and it would have had the exact same effect.

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Umm ...Sorry you can be totally 100 percent careful and still makes mistakes. Its called life. Careless =acting without care. . Father and sons can play baseball together and these mistakes can happen. Just curious, if the batter hits a comebacker that strikes a player or even a pitcher on the head, is he being careless?
WhY DId tHE BaTtEr noT CoNtRol tHe BalL BetTEr

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
So is everybody thinkin that was on purpose? cuz I'm not sold. Looked like an accident.. I didnt read the whole thread tho so

Looks like 99% of people in here think accident. I'm pretty sure it was an accident. The only reason I say "pretty sure" is because of the history of the player.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
The tests they were running on him were likely to check for any spinal fractures or brain bleeds. He very likely has a concussion, as he was kept overnight and will examine his symptoms today.

And the trainer wasn't trying to get him up, Tavares was getting up on his own (because he was completely out of it), and the trainer was bracing his neck to make sure he didn't further injure himself while doing so. He was almost certainly telling Tavares to not move, but Tavares was in such a daze he probably didn't realize what exactly was going on.
Agreed, I've been there. People telling me not to move but testosterone kicks in and I'm getting up regardless.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You should get a job with DOPS, no one injured and all is good.
If Perry had fought back and KO'd Foligno people would be freaking out.

Yeah, and if Thomas Tatar had taken someone's eye out with his high stick, or if Jason Spezza had hooked his opponent around the neck, or if Danault's tripping victim had fallen smack on his face...maybe they should all have meetings with DOPS in case something might have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad