Player Discussion John-Jason (JJ) Peterka, RW (34th overall, 2020) -- Signed to ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Friendly reminder that saying peterka was ahead of Quinn was considered absurd on this forum not too long ago
Guilty and loving it. I'm sure they're telling him to go ahead and shoot the puck when he doesn't have that pass. Agree with Peca, the sky's the limit with this kid.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Guilty and loving it. I'm sure they're telling him to go ahead and shoot the puck when he doesn't have that pass. Agree with Peca, the sky's the limit with this kid.
Its good he's scoring but I think he will still be a guy that gets a lot more assists than goals. He processes the game at such a high speed it seems

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I think many of us think and thought that Peterka is more ready for the NHL than Quinn, yet, Quinn will eventually be a better player

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Its good he's scoring but I think he will still be a guy that gets a lot more assists than goals. He processes the game at such a high speed it seems
Idk I always thought of him as a 40/60% kind of guy as far as goals/assists. He gets into space with the puck and has a good shot. You can make a bad pass in space but a shot is never a bad idea. He'll improve his shot and release. That Cozens line is the most consistent in this young season.

Reactions: jc17

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Friendly reminder that saying peterka was ahead of Quinn was considered absurd on this forum not too long ago
I'm not sure I recall anyone saying its absurd... But I would still put Quinn ahead. HOWEVER... At every level he has advanced to, Quinn has started slower, adjusted and then exploded. Junior, the AHL and now the NHL. I don't think that necessarily coincides with how far along he is in development.

Both look to be fabulous players.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
JJP is quickly becoming one of our best players and my new fav! His speed and board work is elite. Remember watching the WJC and thinking he was a better player than Stutzle from a driving of the play perspective but that Timmy was flashier.
I'm with you Gm's wont be sleeping on the Germans much longer. Was pulling for Drai over Samson and loved GMKA having conviction and moving up to grab him.

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
If you read the german board here over the last few years (yeah I know now one did 🤣), Peterka was mostly seen as a player on the same level as Stützle or only slightly behind. I remember 2 posters, that have a very good eye for talent, being sky high on Peterka since years.

Same thing happened there with Seider actually. No one was surprised by how good he was.
On the other hand almost all thought that Bokk might be a bust (except for me, but looks like I was wrong).

Honestly the members of the German HF board are probably better than many scouts. They just know DNL in and out.

Last edited:

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I'm with you Gm's wont be sleeping on the Germans much longer. Was pulling for Drai over Samson and loved GMKA having conviction and moving up to grab him.
I recall the knock on Drai was "needs to improve his skating", and here we are. Captain O'Reilly, Drai, and getting the McD bingo ball ... oh, what could have been. Record scratch ...

I'm loving this team, and JJP is playing like he wants to be a big contributor.

Reactions: Willgamesh

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Are both JJ & Quinn expected to remain at RW? Just wondering for fantasy if either will get LW/RW

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
qKNguTe.jpeg

It's a shame that JJ didn't wear these.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad