Player Discussion John-Jason (JJ) Peterka, RW (34th overall, 2020) -- Signed to ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
This guy is already so much fun to watch. I think when he's in his prime, he'll be my most favorite Sabres player since Afinogenov. Guy just has IT.

I love this because Max was a player who would always put you on the edge of your seat in the arena. But I have to laugh because JJ will never shy away from any physicality. Max would have a hangnail and need assistance lol.
At the end of the day, I think he will be more that Max was to us fans. At least the potential is there. Love JJ

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
What is noticeable is how dangerous the opposition thinks he is this early. Against the Pens on VOs goal he was moving to a position on the side of the net and Dumolin was on him like a dog on a bone. Took Dumolin outmof any position to block the shot. Quinn is similar. Forwards aren charging at him for fear of making the first wrong move. Both have the IQ to know where the play is but more importantly where it is going. Fun indeed.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
This guy is already so much fun to watch. I think when he's in his prime, he'll be my most favorite Sabres player since Afinogenov. Guy just has IT.
Love Peterka's game and can't wait to see his development this year and especially next year. Peterka, Quinn and Power next year are going to elevate this team so much next year after another summer of training and adding man strength.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Guess JJ is in Scottsdale, Arizona. Wonder who else is there...

Screenshot_20230202_231909_Instagram.jpg

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
JJ really starting to find his scoring touch at the end of the year, something he was really struggling with during the season. Gets himself in these great situations and just couldn't manage to get it to the back of the net.

Seems like he's starting to find a way now.

Reactions: KahunWOW

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
and look at how little PP time Power gets with Dahlin on PP1

Power's gotten 150 minutes which is third for rookie defensemen behind Sanderson and the Wild's Calen Addison. Overall, 45th in the league among all defensemen which is still impressive to me.

Peterka is 11th in PP ToI among rookie fowards and 8th on the Sabres which is certainly part of his totals too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad