Value of: John Gibson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

saskduckfan

Mar 20, 2016
Sorry it is bad. For one of the better goalies signed long term in the league, your starting offer would be looking at a 1st + top prospect. For the Ducks best defenseman, even rental, 1st + top prospect, with extras added for conditions on if he resigns. To take Kerfoot off their hands to help them, another 1st, or 2nd + prospect. To take Mrazek to help them, same thing. For Carolina to take Marleau from the Leafs to get them out of cap trouble and then buy him out cost the Leafs a 1st. To move to salary dumps, each one would cost something good extra to move them. If you want to do futures, then a counter would be:

To Leafs
Lindholm
Gibson

To Ducks
Robertson
Sandin
Liljeren
1st 2023
1st 2024
2nd 2022
2nd 2023
Campbell
Kerfoot

And even then the cap doesn;t work so you are also asking the Ducks to retain.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Terrible offer. So the Leafs add $11.6M to the salary cap and move out only $8.4M. Cap doesnt work. On top of it, you take the two best players for the Ducks in exchange you offer spare parts and Sandin. History has shown in years past in order for the Leafs to dump salary, they have had to include a 1st round pick (Marleau). So one first is the cost just get the Ducks to take Kerfoot, who they have no use for or want. Mrazek is still signed for another 2 years after this one and is not a replacement for Gibson. Seriously the offer you put forward is like Duck fans making up an offer of:

To Ducks
Matthews
Marner

To Leafs
2022 1st
2023 1st
2024 2nd
Zellwenger
Perrault
Steel
Stolarz

(Not a serious offer, but comparing a two best players for spare parts trade)

That would be a similar two best players for picks and spare parts. The only difference is the Ducks picks would probably be much higher then the Leafs picks. If you want Gibson and Lindholm both, you are looking at sending back Nylander at a starting point. Not only for value, but making the cap work.
Just because you are ignorant to leafs prospects doesn't mean its a bad offer. Lindholm is a ufa who isn't resigning, and Gibson is getting a 1st 2nd and a 21 year old top 4 d in the deal. Before you embarrass yourself and make outlandish claims try to know who you are talking about first.

saskduckfan

Mar 20, 2016
The offer of the prospects and picks isn't bad for the players, but then you toss in Kerfoot and Mrazek, both on horrible contracts and are useless. To dump them both, it's going to cost more. So that's why the offer is bad. Leafs need to sweeten the pot to dump bad contracts and bad players. You are probably close on the offer if you take those two players out, but you are no where close to fitting the cap.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Sorry it is bad. For one of the better goalies signed long term in the league, your starting offer would be looking at a 1st + top prospect. For the Ducks best defenseman, even rental, 1st + top prospect, with extras added for conditions on if he resigns. To take Kerfoot off their hands to help them, another 1st, or 2nd + prospect. To take Mrazek to help them, same thing. For Carolina to take Marleau from the Leafs to get them out of cap trouble and then buy him out cost the Leafs a 1st. To move to salary dumps, each one would cost something good extra to move them. If you want to do futures, then a counter would be:

To Leafs
Lindholm
Gibson

To Ducks
Robertson
Sandin
Liljeren
1st 2023
1st 2024
2nd 2022
2nd 2023
Campbell
Kerfoot

:huh::help:

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee

To Leafs
Lindholm
Gibson

To Ducks
Robertson
Sandin
Liljeren
1st 2023
1st 2024
2nd 2022
2nd 2023
Campbell
Kerfoot

I'm sorry man this is just crazy lol.

First of all, they DID offer their 1st +top prospect. Knies is arguably their top prospect.
Second of all, you can't add conditions on a player resigning anymore.

How do you even break this down value wise lol? Really bad, and you should feel bad.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012

To Leafs
Lindholm
Gibson

To Ducks
Robertson
Sandin
Liljeren
1st 2023
1st 2024
2nd 2022
2nd 2023
Campbell
Kerfoot

So Gibson is worth 2023 1st Robertson, sandin, Campbell and a 2022 2nd and Lindholm is worth 2024 1st Liljegren, kerfoot and a 2023 2nd as a rental ? Your proposal is a joke and shows how clueless you are outside of Ducks players and prospects. Also Ducks don't have any players near as good as matthews or even marner so don't waste time on comparisons.

Reactions: paulhiggins

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I'm sorry man this is just crazy lol.

First of all, they DID offer their 1st +top prospect. Knies is arguably their top prospect.
Second of all, you can't add conditions on a player resigning anymore.

How do you even break this down value wise lol? Really bad, and you should feel bad.
I tried to offer as much value as I could but that guy is out to lunch. He has no clue and doesn't seem to want any help to find one.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
The offer of the prospects and picks isn't bad for the players, but then you toss in Kerfoot and Mrazek, both on horrible contracts and are useless. To dump them both, it's going to cost more. So that's why the offer is bad. Leafs need to sweeten the pot to dump bad contracts and bad players. You are probably close on the offer if you take those two players out, but you are no where close to fitting the cap.
Your clueless and you've embarrassed yourself. I have to question if your even familiar with the sport at this point cause your takes are horrible.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
A late 1st
A okay to solid goalie prospect
A good prospect
A cap dump ?

are you just expecting Anaheim to give up their best player for nothing ? Specially to a division rival
A mid 1st.
A goalie prospect who could be in the NHL for us next year. One of the best in the AHL right now. That's a bit better than "okay".
Our best prospect. Not just a good prospect, a guy that likely gets a call up before the year is out and will be a key piece to have due to being able to contribute on an ELC.

Add another first, and knock back the prospects a touch. Skinner to Konovlov. Holloway to Lavoie or Savoie (or Samurokov if you need a defenseman).

Overall, I think we can probably all agree that two first rounders, and a couple of top prospects (but not THE top prospect) would be a pretty fair deal for Gibson if he was available.

saskduckfan

Mar 20, 2016
You Leaf fans are pretty clueless too. Always wanting to add millions to your cap for a teams best player with the return always being Kerfoot and some other cap dump. Nobody is trading you a top player for your overpaid garbage. Get over it. Make a decent value proposal without your crap you want to dump and then you might be on to something. Every Leafs-Ducks proposal on here is one of the better players from the Ducks for Kerfoot. Nobody wants that overpaid trash.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
You Leaf fans are pretty clueless too. Always wanting to add millions to your cap for a teams best player with the return always being Kerfoot and some other cap dump. Nobody is trading you a top player for your overpaid garbage. Get over it. Make a decent value proposal without your crap you want to dump and then you might be on to something. Every Leafs-Ducks proposal on here is one of the better players from the Ducks for Kerfoot. Nobody wants that overpaid trash.

Nice troll.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
A mid 1st.
A goalie prospect who could be in the NHL for us next year. One of the best in the AHL right now. That's a bit better than "okay".
Our best prospect. Not just a good prospect, a guy that likely gets a call up before the year is out and will be a key piece to have due to being able to contribute on an ELC.

Add another first, and knock back the prospects a touch. Skinner to Konovlov. Holloway to Lavoie or Savoie (or Samurokov if you need a defenseman).

Overall, I think we can probably all agree that two first rounders, and a couple of top prospects (but not THE top prospect) would be a pretty fair deal for Gibson if he was available.
I was saying the original offer was fine, I’d do that. I think the original statement quoted of being too much is the issue…. And skinner is solid, okay was an understatement, I was just looking at goalie prospect lists and he wasn’t top 10 anywhere that I saw

-1st(20-30 range)
-Holloway or boulguarts (if not Holloway a b prospect added)
- skinner
- cap dump/s

is kinda where I’d feel comfortable…

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
A mid 1st.

So your counter offer is

2022 1st
2023 1st
Konolov
Lavoie
Koskinen

for gibson?

I feel like Konolov is more of a long shot goalie… and I imagine we’ll want a goalie with more size since we have dostal already… keep skinner in and I’d consider… maybe add something from Anaheim like steel or something.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Man if Dostal is truly the real deal, Ducks will have a decision to make in a couple of years. But trading Gibson now is not an option for Anaheim, but could very well be one in the near future.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I would do that

It stings to lose Holloway especially in division as he’s clearly a blue chip “A” level prospect and done nothing but improve his stock since drafted. Far and away my favourite Oilers prospect we’ve had in years.

Even coming off a lengthy wrist injury, he’s routinely looked like the best player on the ice for either team in the AHL right from the get go.

Skinner has very good potential as well, it’s pretty baffling that the Oilers best goaltender is in the AHL where he’s completely dominating. He’s arguably the best goalie in the AHL coming off last season where he had the most wins of any AHL goaltender.

The 1st is what it is. Koskinen going back I think makes the salary work as well? Maybe another salary dump as well to even it out.

Gibson to the Oilers has been discussed for a long time and I think it’s pretty good value. It hurts but makes sense, so probably fair value.

Holloway + Skinner + 1st + Koskinen (and whatever salary is needed) for Gibson and maybe a 4th/5th rounder makes sense given the Oilers absolutely must be in full “all in win now” mode with McDrai in their prime.

The Ducks and Oilers are a good fit outside of being in the same division. I still hate the idea of Holloway going in division as I said he’s far and away my favourite prospect the Oilers have had in years.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

To Leafs
Lindholm
Gibson

To Ducks
Robertson
Sandin
Liljeren
1st 2023
1st 2024
2nd 2022
2nd 2023
Campbell
Kerfoot

Pssssttt.....can I get me some of whatever you be smokin'?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It stings to lose Holloway especially in division as he’s clearly a blue chip “A” level prospect and done nothing but improve his stock since drafted. Far and away my favourite Oilers prospect we’ve had in years.

Even coming off a lengthy wrist injury, he’s routinely looked like the best player on the ice for either team in the AHL right from the get go.

Skinner has very good potential as well, it’s pretty baffling that the Oilers best goaltender is in the AHL where he’s completely dominating. He’s arguably the best goalie in the AHL coming off last season where he had the most wins of any AHL goaltender.

The 1st is what it is. Koskinen going back I think makes the salary work as well? Maybe another salary dump as well to even it out.

Gibson to the Oilers has been discussed for a long time and I think it’s pretty good value. It hurts but makes sense, so probably fair value.

Holloway + Skinner + 1st + Koskinen (and whatever salary is needed) for Gibson and maybe a 4th/5th rounder makes sense given the Oilers absolutely must be in full “all in win now” mode with McDrai in their prime.

The Ducks and Oilers are a good fit outside of being in the same division. I still hate the idea of Holloway going in division as I said he’s far and away my favourite prospect the Oilers have had in years.
I’d do that, with whatever cap dumps needed to make it work. Gibson gives you an elite goalie to go with your elite centers. Skinner becomes expendable with h gibson coming in… skinner gives us a 1-2 punch at goalie with dostal as our future.
Id throw in Sherwood park native sam steel, If you’d rather have him over the pick

Reactions: snipes

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
So your counter offer is

2022 1st
2023 1st
Konolov
Lavoie
Koskinen

for gibson?

I feel like Konolov is more of a long shot goalie… and I imagine we’ll want a goalie with more size since we have dostal already… keep skinner in and I’d consider… maybe add something from Anaheim like steel or something.

I wouldn't turn the deal down based on Skinner being involved, but it would make me sad, ha ha.

So are we at two 1sts, Lavoie, Skinner, Koskinen for Gibson and Steel? I think I'd do that.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I’d do that, with whatever cap dumps needed to make it work. Gibson gives you an elite goalie to go with your elite centers. Skinner becomes expendable with h gibson coming in… skinner gives us a 1-2 punch at goalie with dostal as our future.
Id throw in Sherwood park native sam steel, If you’d rather have him over the pick

Done.

Gibson
Steel

for

Holloway
Skinner
2022 1st
Koskinen
Cap offset player (if needed)

Seems like a good fit for both sides TBH. I really hate losing Holloway though but a deal for Gibson is going to hurt. From a fit perspective both sides have the respective pieces to work outside of being divisional opponents.

I think the Oilers have the opportunity to put the best offer on the table. Skinner in his own right is arguably the best goalie in the AHL. I still can’t understand why he’s not on the Oilers full time, he’s easily the best goalie in the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad