Value of: John Gibson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I was firmly of the belief that Gibson was majorly overhyped the past few years because I only watched him against the Sharks and he was giving up goals similar to Martin Jones. After watching more than just his games against the Sharks, I now believe he is the reason the Ducks weren’t the worst team in the league for the past few years. This guy comes up with highlight save after highlight save and then gets let down by his team. He would instantly make a team like EDM a top contender.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I was firmly of the belief that Gibson was majorly overhyped the past few years because I only watched him against the Sharks and he was giving up goals similar to Martin Jones. After watching more than just his games against the Sharks, I now believe he is the reason the Ducks weren’t the worst team in the league for the past few years. This guy comes up with highlight save after highlight save and then gets let down by his team. He would instantly make a team like EDM a top contender.
Ya gibson screwed us into the zegras -.-

gibson def has been guilty of getting frustrated with the teams play and losing his composure

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Ya gibson screwed us into the zegras -.-

gibson def has been guilty of getting frustrated with the teams play and losing his composure
I think most guys can claim that at least once. I also thought the Ducks defense was much better than it actually was. I mean there seems to be a lot of good pieces but feels like everyone was (is?) playing a role a step up from where they should be.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think most guys can claim that at least once. I also thought the Ducks defense was much better than it actually was. I mean there seems to be a lot of good pieces but feels like everyone was (is?) playing a role a step up from where they should be.
Our depth is really weak…. It’s basically Fowler and lindholm are good not great…. Drysdale has potential but showing his youth and the rest are essentially crap …. Our system is kinda bad too, the forwards don’t seem to give the dmen much help

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Yeah Holtz + the 1st would be too much. If we're moving Gibson I'd aim for the Schneider deal as a comparable + a little extra. Would Wood + the 1st (top 3 protected) be too much?

Imo I don't blame you for asking for the first but I wouldn't give up a top 5 or ten pick in this draft....I liked getting L Hughes last year but felt Devils dropped ball not trading up to get Wallstedt last year once he fell....Could have taken salary off of Wild and traded four 29 th pick time will tell

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
if he asked for a trade, and even if he would like to go to Edmonton, it is not happening.

He would be going to the Eastern Conference. Any other rumor would be just for clicks. It's just like all the Eichel gossip. It was not nice to Ranger fans to prop up that possibility. It was never going to happen, or to any other of the big markets out east that farmed that for clicks (but I digress). It's a pattern. Superstar or even normal star players get traded cross-conference.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Bourgault + 1st 2022 + Samorukov + Koskinen for cap reasons
Id prob be okay with that... holloway would be my first target, but i understand not wanting to move him as hes prob pretty close to NHL ready and oilers will likely need that kinda depth soon

Would you swap Skinner for Samorukov?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
We’re not taking koskinen for anything other than to facilitate the trade… he’s a - value to us.

and are we going to argue good prospect as talking down on Holloway? He’s in a similar range of perreault and Tracey

but if it makes you feel better we can add steel

Holloway isn't available . I get the ask but if that is the ask the Oilers will wait until the offer season . Holland will be fired if he doesn't get a goalie before next season so it a win win . We keep Holloway and Holland gets fired .

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Holloway isn't available . I get the ask but if that is the ask the Oilers will wait until the offer season . Holland will be fired if he doesn't get a goalie before next season so it a win win . We keep Holloway and Holland gets fired .
I dont mind that, you can see my post on top of yours.

I was more reacting to him complaining about my use of "good" prospect like it was talking down on holloway

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
Capitals would have to shed some salary to make this happen but he would be a nice upgrade for sure.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
I would love the Leafs to acquire all of Gibson, Manson and Lindholm.....of course i would also love a no holds barred night with Taylor Swift....pretty sure neither will be happening, but one can dream....

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I would love the Leafs to acquire all of Gibson, Manson and Lindholm.....of course i would also love a no holds barred night with Taylor Swift....pretty sure neither will be happening, but one can dream....

You couldn't handle Taylor Swift so why try ? Just sent her over to my house . I am willing to take one for a TML fan just this one time .

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I truly believe Gibson could put the leafs over the top. I'd offer both our 2022 1st and 2023 1st plus a 2024 2nd and Mrazek. Ducks always turn leaf picks into gold.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm calling Washington to go hard after them. They have bene on the hunt for a goalie. Can send back either Samsonov or Vanacek and then give away the farm for the difference.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Id prob be okay with that... holloway would be my first target, but i understand not wanting to move him as hes prob pretty close to NHL ready and oilers will likely need that kinda depth soon

Would you swap Skinner for Samorukov?
I would hope for Gibson - Skinner to be our tandem of the present/future. If having Skinner out of the deal would end up killing it, I would probably do it, but I wouldn't be happy about it, ha ha. How about Konovlov instead? He's tracking well too, but is at least one year in the AHL away from seeing NHL action, where Skinner would hopefully be our #2 next year.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I truly believe Gibson could put the leafs over the top. I'd offer both our 2022 1st and 2023 1st plus a 2024 2nd and Mrazek. Ducks always turn leaf picks into gold.

I can't see Gibson being moved without a centerpiece prospect. Too much uncertainty with what will be bottom 10 picks to move Gibson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad