Value of: Joel Eriksson Ek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
It’s absurd. Does that help?
It's absurd? Because you as a Colorado fan can't deal with facr Minnesota isn't trading Eriksson Ek and your mad about it? Wild fans, gm and owner doesn't care what you think

It’s absurd. Does that help?

That’s been established. What’s you’re point if you even have one?
That Minnesota isn't rebuilding and Eriksson Ek isn't getting traded. That's the point.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
It's absurd? Because you as a Colorado fan can't deal with facr Minnesota isn't trading Eriksson Ek and your mad about it? Wild fans, gm and owner doesn't care what you think

That Minnesota isn't rebuilding and Eriksson Ek isn't getting traded. That's the point.

Who’s mad? The Avs have won recently. Stupid area of focus by you. Can’t deal with the fact?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
But the anti tank thing is what seems to be the bravado behind a lot of boasts. It’s easy to say he’s worth McDavid or Makar when you know that’s unlikely and he’s unlikely to be traded otherwise.

Let's work on separating "worth McDavid or Makar" from "it would take McDavid or Makar to get me to move him". It really is two separate ideas.

I'm not gonna answer for the guy who said he wouldn't trade Ek for Draisaitl, that's the same poster who thought Spurgeon for Draisaitl as a base was a good starting point, but you need to understand Wild fans and Wild management are in agreement on one thing: no one wants to trade Ek. So when someone asks "what would it take", we're not going to respond with something like a prospect, a roster player and a 1st, because even though you may perceive that as fair value, it doesn't make us want to trade him.

Take any player from your own roster that you and your management really like and ask yourself if you'd trade them for fair value, or if you'd rather keep them barring a massive overpayment (Makar for Ek type overpayment).

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Let's work on separating "worth McDavid or Makar" from "it would take McDavid or Makar to get me to move him". It really is two separate ideas.

I'm not gonna answer for the guy who said he wouldn't trade Ek for Draisaitl, that's the same poster who thought Spurgeon for Draisaitl as a base was a good starting point, but you need to understand Wild fans and Wild management are in agreement on one thing: no one wants to trade Ek. So when someone asks "what would it take", we're not going to respond with something like a prospect, a roster player and a 1st, because even though you may perceive that as fair value, it doesn't make us want to trade him.

Take any player from your own roster that you and your management really like and ask yourself if you'd trade them for fair value, or if you'd rather keep them barring a massive overpayment (Makar for Ek type overpayment).

Since you engaged me. I will say, JEE is an excellent player. But there’s some absurdity that’s been happening here. If you’re waiting on these elevated trades, you’ll be waiting a long time.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Since you engaged me. I will say, JEE is an excellent player. But there’s some absurdity that’s been happening here. If you’re waiting on these elevated trades, you’ll be waiting a long time.

That's the point though, no one's waiting on them because we don't want to trade him. At least, speaking for myself, if I say it would take MacKinnon for me to trade Ek, I'm not sitting here thinking that's realistic in the slightest, or that Ek is worth that. But when an Avs fan asks what it would take, I'm also not going to say Gulyayev, Ritchie and a 1st, because I wouldn't legitimately want to make that trade, even if that might be closer to his actual value in a vacuum.

And I'll grant you what you said earlier- if it turned out that Guerin was actively shopping Ek, the asks from Wild fans would be a lot more reasonable than McDavid, MacKinnon, or Makar, but he's not available, so it's kinda moot.

Reactions: lionsDen

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
That's the point though, no one's waiting on them because we don't want to trade him. At least, speaking for myself, if I say it would take MacKinnon for me to trade Ek, I'm not sitting here thinking that's realistic in the slightest, or that Ek is worth that. But when an Avs fan asks what it would take, I'm also not going to say Gulyayev, Ritchie and a 1st, because I wouldn't legitimately want to make that trade, even if that might be closer to his actual value in a vacuum.
You’ve compared MacKinnon, an elite level center on a proven championship team to something who is very good but not that. Prepare to be crushed.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Coming from such a petty guy I highly doubt it. You do you though
Sarcastic.gif

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
JEE is the perfect player to build around as he's 25/26. Minnesota has a bunch of young talent coming in and already on the team:

Yurov is tearing it up in the KHL and the Wild could have an all Russian line of:

Khusnutdinov - Yurov - Kaprizov in a few seasons
Zuccarello - Rossi - Boldy
Johansson - Eriksson-Ek - Foligno/Hartman
Duhaime/Johansson-Eriksson-Ek - Foligno/Hartman

Dewar is also a good reserved player. Then you have Ohgren, Heidt, Haight, Lorenz and Stramel all developing. Eriksson-Ek should be the guy you build the team around like Bergeron.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You’ve compared MacKinnon, an elite level center on a proven championship team to something who is very good but not that. Prepare to be crushed.
How did you get that out of what he wrote? He said, and I quote, "I'm not sitting here thinking that's realistic in the slightest".

Reactions: Sendhelplease

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
If there's a difference between prime Backlund and Danault defensively and JEEK its marginal and I lean JEEK. Meanwhile the difference between JEEK and these players on skill is significant.

I've basically restated what you've said only giving JEEK the respect he deserves.
The difference between current old Backlund and JEE defensively presently still favors Backlund by a fair bit. JEE isn't as good defensively as either Backlund or Danault. He's in their category in terms of Plat driving and better offensively. It's why I said his impact is similar.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Haha, this thread has degenerated into crap.

Put aside the crazy talk about what it would take nonsense.

The Wild aren't trading him, and no GM is gonna get crazy to acquire him.

What he brings for his cap hit is great for the Wild, hurray for them.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
he really didn't. Perhaps it is time to disengage.
The flaw in this thread is that nobody on either side thinks JEE is really available and this is just a tire fire that made it to page 5

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
he really didn't. Perhaps it is time to disengage.
The flaw in this thread is that nobody on either side thinks JEE is really available and this is just a tire fire that made it to page 5

Whether its believable or not is a valid question. But there was that report of the Avs inquiring.

And yes he did when yeah he referred to requisite value.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Whether its believable or not is a valid question. But there was that report of the Avs inquiring.

And yes he did when yeah he referred to requisite value.

Did you even read the below bolded parts? Or did you see see "MacKinnon" and automatically think he meant that Mackinnon is "requisite value"?

At least, speaking for myself, if I say it would take MacKinnon for me to trade Ek, I'm not sitting here thinking that's realistic in the slightest, or that Ek is worth that. But when an Avs fan asks what it would take, I'm also not going to say Gulyayev, Ritchie and a 1st, because I wouldn't legitimately want to make that trade, even if that might be closer to his actual value in a vacuum.

Nobody thinks that MacKinnon and Ek are equal in terms of value. The point is that while on paper Ek is probably worth a 1st and a few throw-in players, his worth to the Wild (on ice and contract) makes that a deal that no one associated with the team would ever consider making.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad