Value of: Joel Eriksson Ek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
What’s the ask? Specifically Colorado.

How’s management view him.

Is he a good locker room precense.

Let we rip potato chip
Easily more than they'd want to fork over for him.

As very valuable.

As none of us has been in the Wild locker room, who knows. Lot of us fans believe he should be the captain of the team.

That's not a sentence that makes sense anywhere in the English language. Start over and rephrase.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Is Minnesota even trying to be competitive? The roster they have right now is bottom 10 level.
Yeah they as re, mandate from ownership, . Even if they didn't have mandate from ownership and hm' no team especially Minnesota is trading a dynamic stud two way young C whose become an amazing player on a steal of a contract. People like yourself want a franchise young C but can't simply admit even rebuilding teams don't trade those players. Lol

Reactions: lionsDen

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Easily more than they'd want to fork over for him.

As very valuable.

As none of us has been in the Wild locker room, who knows. Lot of us fans believe he should be the captain of the team.

That's not a sentence that makes sense anywhere in the English language. Start over and rephrase.
Eh it auto corrected me. I don’t really care, most adults would understand the sentiment. I love this sub section of hf…. So petty

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Is this for real?

Him not being available for Eichel explains the state of Minnesota Wild pretty well

Had a chance to add a top 10C in his prime on a great deal and passed to keep Mikko Koivu 2.0

Eichel + Kaprizov would have been the best 1-2 duo the Wild ever had

The wild havent had a player in the history of their franchise who could bring Makar back

You can add the North Stars and they still don't

Makar is a top 15 asset maybe ever. He's the only D who can challange Bourque/Harvey/Lidstrom for #2 behind Orr and he's on a great deal

Sean Couterier from 2018 - 2021 was basically was Ek is now.

70-75 pt, great 2-way C (won a selke) was on a great deal back then too.

He wasn't worth anywhere near a generational D-man though
Ironic coming from a leafs fan whose franchise hasn't done Jack squat in playoffs either. Acting as of eichel ever got a player of Eriksson Ek kind in a trade. Ps: he didn't and no team would ever trade a stud two way C for eichel especially one who was broken and teams backed off.

Your also acting like Makar is so so much better than kaprizov, or brodin. Lol dude

• Haha
Reactions: OTB

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
He's great 2 way but there are 79 nhlers this year with a higher point per game. That's like 4 entire rosters of skaters. He by no means should be untouchable.

I feel like most fans hold Joel EK value far higher then Mathews due to contract. Could be wrong.

I doubt there is a single wild fan on this site that’d trade Joel EK for a 12.5 million dollar McDavid
Username is hilarious

• Haha
Reactions: missionAvs

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ironic coming from a leafs fan whose franchise hasn't done Jack squat in playoffs either. Acting as of eichel ever got a player of Eriksson Ek kind in a trade. Ps: he didn't and no team would ever trade a stud two way C for eichel especially one who was broken and teams backed off.

Your also acting like Makar is so so much better than kaprizov, or brodin. Lol dude
I could just tell you were a complete homer from your little visit to the Avs board today...

Brodin :laugh:

Parax

Aug 26, 2018
He's great 2 way but there are 79 nhlers this year with a higher point per game. That's like 4 entire rosters of skaters. He by no means should be untouchable.
And Bergeron scored on average 65 points per 82 game season, but the idea of trading him at really any point in his career would be insanity. Not saying Ek is to that level, but to say he should be tradeable because of points when a huge part of his contribution is away from the scoresheet is crazy.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
And Bergeron scored on average 65 points per 82 game season, but the idea of trading him at really any point in his career would be insanity. Not saying Ek is to that level, but to say he should be tradeable because of points when a huge part of his contribution is away from the scoresheet is crazy.
Obviously, Bergeron was much better, but the other thing that JEE has in common with him is that they both had(have) extremely reasonable cap hits. The most Bergeron ever got paid was 6.875M/year, while Toes was getting 10.5M, Mathews 11M+.

JEE at 5.25M is extremely valuable. He's no Nathan Mackinnon, nor even a Roope Hintz, but the bang for the buck for him is high.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
JEE is the perfect 2C and can be a fantastic 1C if you have the wingers to support him.

His cap hit + term make his value astronimically high. The ask would be Byram++.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Byram+Ritchie+1st(top 2 protected)

JEE
A defensemen to fill Byrams vacancy
So you're saying you want JEE and Merrill?

Anyway, mildy, but only mildly, tempting, as CO will not be picking anywhere near the lottery. And this is coming from a guy who wanted us to pick Ritchie at #21 instead of Stramel. I was just thinking this earlier, and it's probably premature, but I wouldn't trade Faber straight up for Byram.

I don't think that there is anything realistic that makes sense between CO and MN for JEE. I just can't see Guerin being on board with facing JEE in division for the next 7 years. He's like a more annoying(if that is even possible), Center version of Landeskog.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
JEE is a young Mikael Backlund or Phil Danault. You don't trade that player unless it's a big overpay. You win with that type of player. Honestly JEE impacts winning as much as Kaprizov does.

Reactions: Wonderful Tacos

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
JEE is a young Mikael Backlund or Phil Danault. You don't trade that player unless it's a big overpay. You win with that type of player. Honestly JEE impacts winning as much as Kaprizov does.

He's better than both of those guys but yeah

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
While I think JEE is better than both, not sure this is the best evidence

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Is this for real?

Him not being available for Eichel explains the state of Minnesota Wild pretty well

Had a chance to add a top 10C in his prime on a great deal and passed to keep Mikko Koivu 2.0

Eichel + Kaprizov would have been the best 1-2 duo the Wild ever had

The Leafs have had arguably the most offensively talented top 6 in the league for the last what....3-4 years? You guys have shit the bed every damn time.

Is obvious that talent alone doesn't get you there.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
It would be smart to sell on him here - Minnesota isn’t going anywhere during his contract - but it’s Minnesota. They’ll let him play through his prime and get nothing out of it except a few first or second round exits.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
It would be smart to sell on him here - Minnesota isn’t going anywhere during his contract - but it’s Minnesota. They’ll let him play through his prime and get nothing out of it except a few first or second round exits.
Lol dude whatever you say because franchises just trade a franchise C! Besides your laughable comment being Minnesota has one of the best prospect pool and bunch of money to spend after next year, but please make yourself look like someone who wants to bait and clueless about Minnesota or Eriksson ek contract. According to you, Miss should sell kaprizov also and others and just rebuild, newsflash never happening

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad