Value of: Joel Eriksson Ek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
It would be smart to sell on him here - Minnesota isn’t going anywhere during his contract - but it’s Minnesota. They’ll let him play through his prime and get nothing out of it except a few first or second round exits.
Where do you think the Wild will be over the next five seasons? The cap situation looks pretty rosie after next year. The core players are pretty well locked in and the prospect pool is pretty highly regarded. Even if you hate current management and the current team, five years is a long time with lots of flexibility available. The overall cap situation when you remove the buyouts is incredibly strong.

Reactions: Joseph Nathan

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Lol dude whatever you say because franchises just trade a franchise C! Besides your laughable comment being Minnesota has one of the best prospect pool and bunch of money to spend after next year, but please make yourself look like someone who wants to bait and clueless about Minnesota or Eriksson ek contract. According to you, Miss should sell kaprizov also and others and just rebuild, newsflash never happening

Yeah, I could say the same about Hischier
It’ll be fun to watch the sequel to “exciting” Minnesota prospect pool meets past their prime vets end in the same exact way.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It’ll be fun to watch the sequel to “exciting” Minnesota prospect pool meets past their prime vets end in the same exact way.

It seems the only difference between you and me is that I know my team is irrelevant, and probably not destined for greatness anytime soon, and you don't.

What's funny is with all the talent you think your team has, and Minnesota lacks, these teams are separated by 5 standings points in a 26 game sample size where the Wild were the second worst team in the league two weeks ago.

Point being, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and while I'm not sure what the Wild did to hurt you, it's going to be okay.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I would give up more than what has been suggested here so far tbh(Byram + 1st + Ritchie). I'd honestly tack on another 1st or one of our PMDs for JEE(Gulyayev or Behrens, probably Behrens).

So Byram + '24 1st + Ritchie + Behrens/'25 1st for JEE.

But I get that he's essentially unavailable. For better or worse the Wild will never do a full rebuild.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Kaprizov, Boldy, Rossi, JEE, Yurov, Wallstedt, Faber, Ohgren, Khusnutdinov, Lambos, Peart, Heidt, Kumpalainen, Stramel, Hunt, O’Rourke is not the same as adding Coyle & Nino to 32 year old Parise & Suter.

If Toronto had 1/4 of that for young talent, this board would be overrun. Look at Robertson & Liljegren. You maybe have one NHLer between them but HFBoards has endured thousands of discussions.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I'd honestly sell the farm for JEE.

The Wild still wouldn't take it, but i'd happily offer the 23' 1st + 24' 1st + Ritchie + Gulyayev.
what a fraud. you sell the same asset twice.

the avs had two first round picks in the 23 draft. one was ritchie. the other gulyayev.

;)

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
I would give up more than what has been suggested here so far tbh(Byram + 1st + Ritchie). I'd honestly tack on another 1st or one of our PMDs for JEE(Gulyayev or Behrens, probably Behrens).

So Byram + '24 1st + Ritchie + Behrens/'25 1st for JEE.

But I get that he's essentially unavailable. For better or worse the Wild will never do a full rebuild.
Besides your point, Minnesota isn't taking in D, expensive one in any trade when they literally have spurgeon, brodin, Jacob Middleton, Faber, Carson lambos (1st round pick whose gois) for the foreseeable future. The only good prospect you offered is Ritchie, late 1st is nothing.
Even a rebuilding team wouldn't trade their young franchise two way cheap C

• Haha
Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Kaprizov, Boldy, Rossi, JEE, Yurov, Wallstedt, Faber, Ohgren, Khusnutdinov, Lambos, Peart, Heidt, Kumpalainen, Stramel, Hunt, O’Rourke is not the same as adding Coyle & Nino to 32 year old Parise & Suter.

If Toronto had 1/4 of that for young talent, this board would be overrun. Look at Robertson & Liljegren. You maybe have one NHLer between them but HFBoards has endured thousands of discussions.
It was Coyle, Nino, Granlund, Zucker, Brodin and Dumba. Maybe even Kuemper and Haula.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
The Leafs have had arguably the most offensively talented top 6 in the league for the last what....3-4 years? You guys have shit the bed every damn time.

Is obvious that talent alone doesn't get you there.
We added RoR a defensive two way player and still lost last year in R2

Leafs find way to lose games despite an elite offense being what is needed to win

The wild trying to build around two way players and Defense hasnt led to any success either

Both approaches have failed

Ek is not a 1C for a cup contending team. He is a 2C on a cup contending team

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mean he's better offensively. Defensively it's tough to say anyone not named Bergeron is better than those 2 over the past decade.

I'm looking at the players as a whole, not just individual aspects of their games.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
We added RoR a defensive two way player and still lost last year in R2

Leafs find way to lose games despite an elite offense being what is needed to win

The wild trying to build around two way players and Defense hasnt led to any success either

Both approaches have failed

Its really hard to make a determination on Ek in the playoffs, he's been severely injured for 4 straight years during the post season, but still been the Wild's best player or in the conversation in each of the series losses that he did appear in.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
I mean he's better offensively. Defensively it's tough to say anyone not named Bergeron is better than those 2 over the past decade.
If there's a difference between prime Backlund and Danault defensively and JEEK its marginal and I lean JEEK. Meanwhile the difference between JEEK and these players on skill is significant.

I've basically restated what you've said only giving JEEK the respect he deserves.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
Yeah but he's like the *best* 2C on a cup contending team in the league for 5.25 MM for the next 5 years (thru the rest of his prime & we are talking about a durable as f*** player). Like put the whole picture together and realize that he's completely untradeable. Unless the first round pick is guaranteed top 5, it could take like what.. 3 or more first round picks to find this player again (setting aside the time it takes for him to develop)?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Yeah but he's like the *best* 2C on a cup contending team in the league for 5.25 MM for the next 5 years (thru the rest of his prime & we are talking about a durable as f*** player). Like put the whole picture together and realize that he's completely untradeable. Unless the first round pick is guaranteed top 5, it could take like what.. 3 or more first round picks to find this player again (setting aside the time it takes for him to develop)?

How much of this boastfulness backed up by ownership making the playoffs?

What if mgt is open for business and considering all options? Are some of these claims abated?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN

What if mgt is open for business and considering all options? Are some of these claims abated?
No, he would be part of the solution to any problem moving forward, the owner is vehemently anti tank, as is Guerin who was recently extended for multiple years.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
No, he would be part of the solution to any problem moving forward, the owner is vehemently anti tank, as is Guerin who was recently extended for multiple years.

But the anti tank thing is what seems to be the bravado behind a lot of boasts. It’s easy to say he’s worth McDavid or Makar when you know that’s unlikely and he’s unlikely to be traded otherwise.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
But the anti tank thing is what seems to be the bravado behind a lot of boasts. It’s easy to say he’s worth McDavid or Makar when you know that’s unlikely and he’s unlikely to be traded otherwise.
I don’t know what you want, you are on a message board talking to fans of hockey players, I doubt you find a Wild fan on this site that would willingly part with Ek.

I would trade JEE for McDavid and be happy, I would not trade JEE for Draisaitl, his value to me is somewhere in between. Does that help?

• Haha
Reactions: OTB

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022

Management can't be open to business without the approval of the owner who will never say yes. Also, wild gm will never give up on a season, so it doesn't matter, Eriksson ek, kaprizov, etc aren't going anywhere especially after for whatever reason Hartman , Zuccarello, and foligno were all given multi year's extension with nmc

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
I don’t know what you want, you are on a message board talking to fans of hockey players, I doubt you find a Wild fan on this site that would willingly part with Ek.

I would trade JEE for McDavid and be happy, I would not trade JEE for Draisaitl, his value to me is somewhere in between. Does that help?

It’s absurd. Does that help?

Management can't be open to business without the approval of the owner who will never say yes. Also, wild gm will never give up on a season, so it doesn't matter, Eriksson ek, kaprizov, etc aren't going anywhere especially after for whatever reason Hartman , Zuccarello, and foligno were all given multi year's extension with nmc

That’s been established. What’s you’re point if you even have one?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad