Post-Game Talk: Jiminy Crickets, Emphasis on the Crickets

3 Stars

• Total voters

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Well you oughtta know, Mr. Will1066, you lived it.
LMAO

Montefiore-Health-Giamatti.jpg

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Mika is just frustrating at this point. He's objectively a good hockey player. There was a half decade where the guy going PPG, while sucking, would have easily been the best forward on this team. But when you see something like the assist on the second goal, it's a reminder that the guy who could absolutely take over a game, is still there. Just not often enough.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Igor 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stars. Not even close to good enough to win on a regular basis. That 3rd period was horrendous.

Been winning like this for literally years now. People really have astronomical expectations for this team. I thought they played a great game on the road against a very good Toronto team. Stolarz was the only reason it was 4-0 in the 1st 2 periods. Igor did his thing against the Leafs in desperation time. Would not surprise me in the least if we win the Prez trophy again (not that I care about that type of thing)

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Been winning like this for literally years now. People really have astronomical expectations for this team. I thought they played a great game on the road against a very good Toronto team. Stolarz was the only reason it was 4-0 in the 1st 2 periods. Igor did his thing against the Leafs in desperation time. Would not surprise me in the least if we win the Prez trophy again (not that I care about that type of thing)
Exactly what I was going to say. Solid win tonight.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I just don't think being hemmed in our zone and giving up that many grade A chances is a recipe to win in the playoffs. And winning like this for years under Henrik and Igor and not having a cup tells me that they need to be better outside of goal.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I still think this team needs a quality LHD D that can move the puck. They still get bogged down in their zone way too much.

The forward group is excellent though. I really like Reilly Smith.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I only saw the first half of the game but looking at the stats and Miller Fox was good, Trouba pair serviceable, and then there’s the third pair… Mancini-Ruwedel got utterly shellacked. Scoring chances 4-17 with them on the ice, just complete ass. So we’ve now seen Jones be removed and the team get immediately worse. Mancini-Jones wasn’t great before and TOR is the best team theyve played but Jesus Christ never ice that pair again

Also Rempe not on the ice for a NYR SOG is hilarious and from what I saw they spent a lot of time in their zone taking it up the ass from the Reaves line

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I just don't think being hemmed in our zone and giving up that many grade A chances is a recipe to win in the playoffs. And winning like this for years under Henrik and Igor and not having a cup tells me that they need to be better outside of goal.
Sure. But every game has momentum swings. There’s a ton of parity. Not to mention playing in Toronto on a Saturday night. Rangers did very nicely in my humble opinion.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers controlled Toronto's offense pretty well the first two periods. I was figuring that Toronto was going to have a big push in the third which they did but Igor pretty much shut them down. He was outstanding.

Zibanejad in recent years has been pretty notorious for slow starts. By comparison this isn't his worst. He made an excellent play to Kreider for the game winner.

I thought K'Andre was great the first two periods--our best defenseman that far. In the third his play dropped a bit. I expect Jones who has been playing well will be back in against the Canadiens. Ruhwedel wasn't a problem last night. For sitting out the first four---he gave us 14 minutes that the Leafs didn't score and he was on the ice for two of our goals. For a guy coming in on the bottom pair having been scratched 4 in the row that's not bad.

Pretty much everyone played well. Toronto is a very good team and they've improved their defense and Stolarz has been good for them.....easily the best team we've faced so far in the regular season so it was a good win for us.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Agreed....look what it's done for us in the playoffs all these years....yet mgmt. continues to follow the same battle plan come playoff time.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
The Rangers are first in the league in goals per game by a pretty decent margin

Every team we beat gets "goalied"

I think they are missing half the story

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Every team in the league goes into the shell in the 3rd on the road if they have the lead. Should they is a different question. So is whether they are told to do that or it's just something players do. Sort of shut down and don't take chances. They played well.

I think last night made the case for Jones better than Jones could have. Haha

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Our first ten games have historically been an absolutely terrible predictor of the season so while there have been a lot of positive signs… let’s not raise the banner yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad