Post-Game Talk: Jiminy Crickets, Emphasis on the Crickets

3 Stars

• Total voters

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
seemed like the 3rd pair D got stuck out there against matthews line for quite a bit last night. not ideal. still liked some things mancini did out there. got the assist making a very good play at the point. hes been unreal at getting shots on net from the point. hes very aggressive joining the rush for a dman that only had 10 points in ncaa last season. i thought a lot of our struggles getting out of the dzone last night was from the forwards making soft plays at the blueline. lot of poke checking and cute passes that didnt get out of the zone last night.
This. Was it third pair (or bench) mistake that they were stuck on a few occasions facing Matthews line?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
…Also I 100% supported inserting Rempe back into the lineup last night but he did nothing to earn another game. He needs to be sent down once Vesey is ready.

Brodzinski is also bad, but he’s a better flavor of bad at this point.
Sorry, not specifically at you but why everyone’s proverbial finger is pointed at Rempe only and Edstrom is not mentioned ones as if he didn’t play yesterday (did he? - I’d assume 6’8” guys would be always noticeable). Maybe it was lack of Brodzinsky that was the problem and when Vesey returns - it’s not that big of deal whether it’s Rempe or Edstrom that goes to Hartford or stays in the rotation (from team’s perspective). Personally I think it should be Rempe but again I don’t get this Rempe vs Edstrom back and forth which really has close to nothing difference in results.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Miller has his flaws, but I'm certain Miller has some allergy at the red line. It happened last night too. Whether it's clearing the puck or receiving passes at the line, he gets all headcasey. I don't get. Is it a nerves thing or a not working on it issue? It has to be fixed because it was an immense problem last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad