Post-Game Talk: Jiminy Crickets, Emphasis on the Crickets

3 Stars

• Total voters

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
seemed like the 3rd pair D got stuck out there against matthews line for quite a bit last night. not ideal. still liked some things mancini did out there. got the assist making a very good play at the point. hes been unreal at getting shots on net from the point. hes very aggressive joining the rush for a dman that only had 10 points in ncaa last season. i thought a lot of our struggles getting out of the dzone last night was from the forwards making soft plays at the blueline. lot of poke checking and cute passes that didnt get out of the zone last night.
This. Was it third pair (or bench) mistake that they were stuck on a few occasions facing Matthews line?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
…Also I 100% supported inserting Rempe back into the lineup last night but he did nothing to earn another game. He needs to be sent down once Vesey is ready.

Brodzinski is also bad, but he’s a better flavor of bad at this point.
Sorry, not specifically at you but why everyone’s proverbial finger is pointed at Rempe only and Edstrom is not mentioned ones as if he didn’t play yesterday (did he? - I’d assume 6’8” guys would be always noticeable). Maybe it was lack of Brodzinsky that was the problem and when Vesey returns - it’s not that big of deal whether it’s Rempe or Edstrom that goes to Hartford or stays in the rotation (from team’s perspective). Personally I think it should be Rempe but again I don’t get this Rempe vs Edstrom back and forth which really has close to nothing difference in results.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Miller has his flaws, but I'm certain Miller has some allergy at the red line. It happened last night too. Whether it's clearing the puck or receiving passes at the line, he gets all headcasey. I don't get. Is it a nerves thing or a not working on it issue? It has to be fixed because it was an immense problem last season.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
I just don't think being hemmed in our zone and giving up that many grade A chances is a recipe to win in the playoffs. And winning like this for years under Henrik and Igor and not having a cup tells me that they need to be better outside of goal.

While true, the age of super teams is long gone. The Avs and Oilers have insane top end offensive skills at C, W, and D. Their goalies and depth kill them. The Panthers caught lightning, but Bob was a massive question mark and viewed as a cap dump before last playoffs. The Lightning had a team like 20% over the cap limit to win.

Teams win all different ways. And still every other team loses in all those same ways. I don’t get all the “we can’t win like this” commentary. Only one team a year wins, and every other teams’ fans then assume that’s the only way to win.

“You can’t win this way” should die a death with “you can’t win with this guy.” From Ovechkin to Yzerman and well beyond, it’s a similar adage that is proven time and again to be hindsight bullshit once you suddenly CAN win “this way” with “that guy.”

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
While true, the age of super teams is long gone. The Avs and Oilers have insane top end offensive skills at C, W, and D. Their goalies and depth kill them. The Panthers caught lightning, but Bob was a massive question mark and viewed as a cap dump before last playoffs. The Lightning had a team like 20% over the cap limit to win.

Teams win all different ways. And still every other team loses in all those same ways. I don’t get all the “we can’t win like this” commentary. Only one team a year wins, and every other teams’ fans then assume that’s the only way to win.

“You can’t win this way” should die a death with “you can’t win with this guy.” From Ovechkin to Yzerman and well beyond, it’s a similar adage that is proven time and again to be hindsight bullshit once you suddenly CAN win “this way” with “that guy.”

This is true. Every year the new champ becomes the model of how to win. In 2022 it was speed and skill and in 2024 just two years later it was forecheck and toughness.

Reactions: egelband

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Super teams are still around, they can just only exist for one season max due to the cap.

The 2022 Avs were the most stacked team ive ever seen.

They still had Landeskog back then, Nichushkin at a cheap price, Burakowvsky, and most of all Kadri as their #2 C.

One of the most powerful teams ive ever seen, no wonder they were able to win a cup even with Kuemper as their goalie.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad