Post-Game Talk: Jets Smash Preds 6-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
picture of Rinne after the game
sS9lmAD.jpg

Red Light Rinne

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I purposely mentioned that they seemed to abandon it at the beginning of the period, BEFORE we scored.

They didn't attempt it at all. They were never ahead.

You'll see a return of them playing that way with success should the Jets ever fall behind early. Nashville learned their lesson after game 3.

I like our chances of never seeing it again though:thumbu:

Great game. What a shame the organizers of the event I'm working put the band on when every period started as opposed to letting them play during the intermissions.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts...

CSW - Microcosm of their season. They were pinned in their zone often in the first period, but then turned everything into magic with sublime skill and chemistry. Connor showed that he's an elite talent. I think that running four lines kept them fresh, and as the game wore on they just rag-dolled a tiring Preds' D.

ESL - Quieter game for this line than usual, with Ehlers really having a hard time finding space. But then a great little play by Ehlers gives Laine some space, and a flick of the wrist with Stastny in front breaks the Preds' spell. In the end, you need those talented plays to get the edge in the playoffs. I think we might see Perreault on with Laine and Stastny. That line needs a puck-getter.

PLA - Another strong game from Little. Perreault got stronger as the game wore on, and so did Armia. Maybe shaking off some rust and catching up to the Preds pace.

CLT - Nice to have a real 4th line that you can roll. Just like the rest of the team, they struggled in the first, but they had it rolling from the 2nd and beyond. Great game by Lowry, though would likely fly under the radar for many. Preds D are getting tired of him.

44-8 Outstanding game. Simple and clean game by Trouba. Morrissey was strong.

39-33 - Really liked Enstrom's game. Very steady in his own zone. Buff was a difference maker, but my goodness, why do you pinch behind the O net when you're the only D on a PP, up 4-1, with 2 minutes left in the 2nd period. Really bad decision, there, and it could have cost the Jets dearly.

7-57 Gong show again, for the most part. Made me nervous almost every shift. Myers looks tired and ponderous. Chiarot is a terrible partner for him because he forces Myers to make all the puck plays. Chiarot was back to the "icing machine" stuff.

Hellebuyck was terrific, especially in the 1st. Held the team in the game until they got things going.

Also, I think Ron Mclean is right - the Preds' top 4 was looking weary from the mid-point of the game. They are getting run hard, and the Jets are making them pay. I liked how the Jets have switched their strategy to flush them out from behind their net so they can't get comfortable and get easy changes. It also led to a goal by Connor. The Jets running 4 lines and the Preds running 4 D might be an important storyline in this series... I think the Jets are the fresher team at this point.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wheeler must have a bit of an injury he was not playing for the last 10 minutes it looked like

omg CBC shut the **** up about Nashville already
I think he was resting Wheeler, and Armia hadn't seen much ice until that point.

Maurice really distributed the ice-time tonight, and I think that's important.

A fresh Jets team rolling 4 lines is going to be tough for the Preds to stop.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Connor had his breakout game.
Now its time for Ehlers or Laine to step up in game 6.

Who would have predicted Winnipeg vs Vegas in the conference final? Could happen by monday night

I did, and on the Jets board as well..hahaha..

I have had as my final 4 since day 1 -

Jets vs Knights

B's vs. Caps

Not sure the B's can pull it off, but I believed in both Jets and Vegas as the real deal...one hell of a story brewing here in the West!!!

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I said at the beginning of the series the Predators 4 d would wear out eventually if they continued to get big minutes, once the Jets start skating and by adding a few hits there's not much left in the tank for the 3rd.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I did, and on the Jets board as well..hahaha..

I have had as my final 4 since day 1 -

Jets vs Knights

B's vs. Caps

Not sure the B's can pull it off, but I believed in both Jets and Vegas as the real deal...one hell of a story brewing here in the West!!!

Not sure the Caps can pull 'er off either, although they are close. Should be entertaining in the east to close out this round.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I know, I know...when Maurice finally does something we've been begging and hoping he'd do for 3 games that should be it's own reward, right? I just thought that tweet was funny.

I also pray to god Maurice doesn't take his queues from this crowd. Myers is a #1 defender, Chariot is better than enstrom, Little ruins everything, Lowry is a 4th line center and Tanev sucks at hockey.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
That 12 forward is as good as any sets you will get in the league.
You have mix of everything.

You cannot #*#& up line matches using that top 12. Seriously. Hope all of the guys are ready for Game 6.

Hope they wake up in the 1st period this time... pleaseeeeeeee

Good to be A Jets fan.

Just win the next game!

Go Jets Go

Reactions: GNP

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Can you blame them?

Pretty sure we have more finishing talent than any other team in the league.
I thought this was interesting:

For the twitter blind, you may be able to see this GAR chart:
DcMIwAQX0AEQsQt.jpg

Nashville is pretty far behind the Jets in GAR for forwards. Vegas also looks really strong by this measure (a tougher opponent than even Nashville).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad