Post-Game Talk: Jets Smash Preds 6-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
you know guys, they don't automatically win just by deciding to "play the trap." Sometimes, the trap doesn't work. It is possible to beat it...you have to be able to get pucks into their zone and have the speed to retrieve them. And since any of your lines can do it if they are capable, and since we can benefit from good matchups on home ice - having 4 actual dangerous lines is huge. Their worst players have to be on the ice some of the time...
We need to start game 6 on time. If our first period looks anything like the one we had today, things could get ugly in a hurry.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I just can’t believe this! I did not expect this at all.
What I don’t get is why Nashville stopped playing the trap right from the start of the second period even before we scored.
It looked a lot more like Nashville stopped playing the trap than it did that we figured out how to beat it.
Am I wrong?
They aren't a natural trap team. They were the President trophy winner. They are a top 7 team scoring team and has very offensively skilled defense. While they can adapt to a hard trap they know they aren't going to win the cup living by the trap. They aren't the mid 90's Devils.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
TSN is SO much better than CBC
Some say that they need to stay neutral. I completely disagree. We are Canada’s only team left and they should be Homers. They would be if it was the Leafs.
But they aren’t even Neutral. They literally seem to be cheering for Nashville.
Absolutely ridiculous.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Some say that they need to stay neutral. I completely disagree. We are Canada’s only team left and they should be Homers. They would be if it was the Leafs.
Absolutely ridiculous.
Ram it down their throats

oldunclehue

Jun 16, 2010
DcegEeAVwAAq_xq
I will gladly support this after Monday’s game

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Absolutely ridiculous.

I agree with this-- and to top it all off -you have to listen to Don Cherry --the guy is an idiot !!! not much "above the shoulders"-- I can't stand the guy !!! Good for the 12 year old audience though--they relate to him.

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Absolutely ridiculous.

It might be an overswung pendulum eg, trying so very hard not to appear to be rooting for the Canadian team in this case. My 0.02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad