Post-Game Talk: Jets Smash Preds 6-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Uggh, the "guarantee victory" thing is sooooo played out. Soooo lame.
giphy.gif

*I see no irony in posting a GIF about lameness that stars a Nashville music prodigy whose antics are lame and played out*

Last edited:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Sooooo funny. The crowd is in the middle of their lame routine they do after every goal. “It’s all your fault, it’s all your fault. Hellebuuuuuyk, hellebuuuuuuyk”...goal, goal, goal lmao.

So sick of hearing their scripted crap, was glad to enjoy the silence in the third. I've cut farts louder than the decibel meter they were showing.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
That was something else....and due to travel issues from Vancouver to Victoria, I missed most of it. I am an unhappy camper due to that....however...we were great

Does anyone have any advice on finding the full game on the internet? anyone....please..
Gamecentre

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
IDK if these were already brought up, but some TOI stats:

Subban 25:24
Josi 24:25
Ekholm 23:40
Arvidsson 22:01
Ellis 21:57

Buff 21:54
Johansen 21:51
Trouba 21:37
Myers 20:31
Morrissey 20:27

The Preds had to ride with their selection of stars, whereas Maurice and Huddy did a superb job distributing the ice time evenly. Scheifele led our forwards with 18:55. Every single player on the ice played 10 minutes or more.

suihkukone

Mar 12, 2017
Denmark
What a great day. First Finland beat South-Ubangaland 8-1 and now this on top.
Only thing missing was Ehler's goal and I'd be very confident on Monday.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Connor had his breakout game.
Now its time for Ehlers or Laine to step up in game 6.

Who would have predicted Winnipeg vs Vegas in the conference final? Could happen by monday night
Ehlers is due for a goal. Laine's been good and got the ball rolling with his shot that went off of Stastny. It was Ehlers who created that play by drawing two players on him so one could argue that he stepped up as well. Our Jets are looking pretty good!

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
IDK if these were already brought up, but some TOI stats:

Subban 25:24
Josi 24:25
Ekholm 23:40
Arvidsson 22:01
Ellis 21:57

Buff 21:54
Johansen 21:51
Trouba 21:37
Myers 20:31
Morrissey 20:27

The Preds had to ride with their selection of stars, whereas Maurice and Huddy did a superb job distributing the ice time evenly. Scheifele led our forwards with 18:55. Every single player on the ice played 10 minutes or more.
One might even say he out-coached Lavy :sarcasm:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm pretty sure Maurice isn't taking our advice here -either way.

I believe "strongly" you and many other posters are "wrong" about this, and underestimate the "political clout" this forum has on Jet's policy and game plans. This is a business, and we are their customers--you can "bet" the Jet's executive and Maurice read these forums--"I have no doubt"

There was an uproar about Maurice playing Hendricks on here--and the panelists, made it very clear--they wanted Perrault in, and Hendricks out and we got our way.

All corporations pay "thousands" of dollars to survey companies to know what their customer base is thinking--the Jet's have this survey base for free. They are for sure going to read it.

Let me be clear --these forums "will not"-- dictate Jet's policy -- but they will strongly influence it--so we must be vigilant and persistent in our posts.

Think of it this way --in the business sense--"every home game"--is worth about $ 2 million bucks to the JETS-- do you not think they are going to read these forums ??- of course they are--I have--"no doubt"-- the recent Perrault debate is an example. ( Perrault / Hendricks)

JETS FANS-- Keep on posting--especially when you don't like something--it all has it's effect. Great Jet's win--thanks Jet's executive for listening to some of the very knowledgeable, astute posters on here --"great win.":)

Last edited:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Z-Goal light burn.jpg

Reports out of Nashville- now listing Peka Rinne as day to day-- until the team dermatologist clears him from "goal light neck burn"- game time decision.

Last edited:

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I thought this was interesting:

For the twitter blind, you may be able to see this GAR chart:
DcMIwAQX0AEQsQt.jpg

Nashville is pretty far behind the Jets in GAR for forwards. Vegas also looks really strong by this measure (a tougher opponent than even Nashville).

So by this chart, maybe Cheveldayoff isn't an asshole for building a team from the wings-back.

(Pepperidge Farms and HF Boards don't remember, but I do. ;))

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Could someone who was at one of the home games send me a whiteout towel. I will pay shipping if you have more than one. Two would be even better.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Let’s not get overconfident- preds missed at least two open nets in the first; this game could easily have gone south. I’m expecting a tough game on Monday and would not be shocked if the series goes to 7
Nah, those plays happen both ways. In the previous game Rinne stopped the puck with the knob of his stick on a sure goal. This game Wheeler had a wide open net as well that he failed to score on. We should be confident, because our Jets have proven to be the superiour team so far, and had we had a healthy lineup during our reg season games vs the preds, we probably would be the President trophy winners and not them.

STZD

Jan 13, 2018
I thought this was interesting:

For the twitter blind, you may be able to see this GAR chart:
DcMIwAQX0AEQsQt.jpg

Nashville is pretty far behind the Jets in GAR for forwards. Vegas also looks really strong by this measure (a tougher opponent than even Nashville).

Dallas has the 4th highest defensive GAR in the league?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad