Post-Game Talk: Jets Smash Preds 6-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
How many goals have the Jets scored this series with Subban laying on his ass or face playing second goalie because he's been caught outta position?

There was 2 this game alone.
Subban is unbelievably overrated , he is horrible defensively , all he does is mug and hold players . Armia giving him the ole along the boards was priceless . :laugh: This city is going to be kooky on Monday and if the Jets win i hope employers are ready for alot of sick calls Tuesday . :naughty:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
How many goals have the Jets scored this series with Subban laying on his ass or face playing second goalie because he's been caught outta position?

There was 2 this game alone.
All of Subban, Josi, Ekholm and Ellis had some remarkable blunders in this one. Subban definitely wears the goat horns for the fourth goal for ignoring Connor, and to some extent the fifth too (Johansen f***ed that up for him, but PK read the play in what seems to have been the worst way possible). Ellis' turnover before the first goal was disgraceful, and Josi got caught out of position in both of the first two goals. Ekholm's clearing attempt that ultimately led to the fourth Jets goal was one that would have caused a ten-page outbreak if done by a Jet.

What can we learn from this? Even the best have their flaws.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Considering the Jet's pay Buf--$ 7.8 mil per season, and PK Subban makes $ 11 mil per season--I could not agree more. As a matter of fact--I would take Buff --straight up, if money wasn't an issue. Not even a "second thought"--he's far better.

Where PK is dangerous though--is that slapper from the point--"it's quite deadly"

Reactions: Jets 31

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Considering the Jet's pay Buf--$ 7.8 mil per season, and PK Subban makes $ 11 mil per season--I could not agree more. As a matter of fact--I would take Buff --straight up, if money wasn't an issue. Not even a "second thought"--he's far better.
Where PK is dangerous though--is that slapper from the point--"it's quite deadly"

yeah, PK's a slapper, alright. Better than being a (window) licker like Marchand, I guess :P

Reactions: Jets 31 and GNP

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Great post Channel Cat--and your a "wise man"--I just hope the Jets think like you and me here--this is not going to be any "walk in the park" -- their going to have to fight these guys down to the last goal to win.

Pffft. The Jets will crush the Preds next game.

Thankfully, nothing we say here can "jinx" the Jets, nor do the Jets players think like we fans do, so I feel safe in posting the most ridiculously over the top homer'ish quips possible. :D ;)

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ok good Sunday morning laugh , had friends in from Calgary and while watching the game i had to be a smartass and say , imagine if you guys had a good team like this in Calgary ? Response i got , ya well we got the Stampeders ...... I spit my drink out laughing because they were serious . :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Reactions: larmex99

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Pffft. The Jets will crush the Preds next game.

Thankfully, nothing we say here can "jinx" the Jets, nor do the Jets players think like we fans do, so I feel safe in posting the most ridiculously over the top homer'ish quips possible. :D ;)

I wish I felt as confident as you do YW -- but I guarantee you that this next game will be a nail biter --so better "fasten your seat belt" on your couch and hope the Jet's win. The Preds are going to come out with everything they have, and empty the tank. Of course I do sense a hint of sarcasm in your post--but it could happen.

Let's not forget they played 10 times this year --each team won 5 each. Pretty tight !!!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I wish I felt as confident as you do YW -- but I guarantee you that this next game will be a nail biter --so better "fasten your seat belt" on your couch and hope the Jet's win. The Preds are going to come out with everything they have, and empty the tank. Of course I do sense a hint of sarcasm in your post--but it could happen.

Let's not forget they played 10 times this year --each team won 5 each. Pretty tight !!!

Of course anything can happen - the Preds are a very good team, and did finish first in the NHL.

We're still going to crush them. :D ;)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
TSN is SO much better than CBC
Some say that they need to stay neutral. I completely disagree. We are Canada’s only team left and they should be Homers. They would be if it was the Leafs.
But they aren’t even Neutral. They literally seem to be cheering for Nashville.
Absolutely ridiculous.

They can be objective and still be homers.

But it isn't the CBC. It is SN. CBC just carries the SN feed. They don't employ the crew and they have nothing to do with production.

Reactions: GNP

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
So why were you are not in PO last year? Goalies?

Partly goalies. Partly injuries. Partly very poor specialty teams play, both PP and PK. Partly depth (think of the names that were on the team last year, but not this year). All of these things were relevant.

Most mostly, it was experience. Even Wayne Gretzky wasn't ready to be "WAYNE GRETZKY!!!" until suddenly...he was. Flat out, they weren't ready yet, last year. And in fairness to management and coaching, they were all but telling us that to our faces, all year long. People who know and understand how these things work saw it, which was why there was such cause for optimism among the smart followers, and such impatience, frustration, and anger among the followers who didn't get it. A lot of people mocked the "it's a process" talk, without understanding that it is, indeed, a process - a process that is now coming to fruition.

I'm a systems guy - it's my education, it's my occupation. It's gratifying beyond words when a plan is made, followed, and comes together successfully. If there are any fans from other cities who are cheering for the Jets, it is this quality that should be most admired.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Wouldn't mind seeing Ovi get to a final ..... and lose.

You know Mort--I really like Ovi --and he's being trying so hard for all these years, to lead his team to victory. He's not a braggart, and always gives 100 % of himself--you have to like that.

Of course if it so happens that we face the Caps in the final -- Ovi will soon become the enemy, and I couldn't pull for him. Against other teams--OK with me.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

I believe "strongly" you and many other posters are "wrong" about this, and underestimate the "political clout" this forum has on Jet's policy and game plans. This is a business, and we are their customers--you can "bet" the Jet's executive and Maurice read these forums--"I have no doubt"

There was an uproar about Maurice playing Hendricks on here--and the panelists, made it very clear--they wanted Perrault in, and Hendricks out and we got our way.

All corporations pay "thousands" of dollars to survey companies to know what their customer base is thinking--the Jet's have this survey base for free. They are for sure going to read it.

Let me be clear --these forums "will not"-- dictate Jet's policy -- but they will strongly influence it--so we must be vigilant and persistent in our posts.

Think of it this way --in the business sense--"every home game"--is worth about $ 2 million bucks to the JETS-- do you not think they are going to read these forums ??- of course they are--I have--"no doubt"-- the recent Perrault debate is an example. ( Perrault / Hendricks)

JETS FANS-- Keep on posting--especially when you don't like something--it all has it's effect. Great Jet's win--thanks Jet's executive for listening to some of the very knowledgeable, astute posters on here --"great win.":)

I disagree with your post and I also don’t understand your unnecessary use of quotation marks everywhere. :laugh:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
So, before round 2 started, I thought how fun it would be to go to Las Vegas to watch the Jets in round 3.

My evil scheming might come to fruition!!

Reactions: YWGinYYZ and GNP

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
So did Maurice out coach Lavy? It seems whenever we lose we were out coached. Just curious if it works both ways?

You don't get a gold star for not repeating really stupid decisions.

I didn't see enough of the game to know if he out coached Laviolette. But at least he iced the best available lineup and didn't overplay 3rd pair D.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I disagree with your post and I also don’t understand your unnecessary use of quotation marks everywhere. :laugh:

I absolutely believe this is true--HF boards is just another media outlet. I did not say in my post that HF posts "dictate" policy--I said they "influence" Jet's policy. It only makes sense to me.

Example--if the Jets were having a really bad season--and the media was calling for the firing of the coach--it most certainly would affect Jets management. The public, and their sentiments--are "money" for the Jets. They have to pay attention to public opinion in order to keep butts in the seats. ( no exclamation mark needed here :))

Of course I don't mind you and me agreeing to disagree on this Guff --your a wise man.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
We've seen it all year, and in the playoffs too. The Preds always have had an answer.

Long from over.

yeah, the Preds can definitely get it to game 7 and still take us out. Otoh, there's no particular reason we can't do this on monday. We've beat them 3 times now. We're healthier than the previous 2 home games in which we were essentially a 3 line team, and we've won a heck of a lot in our rink this season. There's a not insignificant chance we can win on Monday night...

KurtG8

Apr 4, 2015
The Maurice hate, STILL at this point is head scratching to me. After getting this team to the 2nd best record in the entire NHL. And one win away from going to the Conference Finals, possibly taking out the Best Record in the process. This team is a year or 2 ahead of schedule with how young we are. NOBODY had us competing for the Cup before the season started. Yet here we are and Maurice still gets **** on by some of you.

Granted he's not perfect, and he makes some decisions that aren't popular. Yet he's never stubborn enough to stick with it at the sacrifice of the team. If its not working he changes it up. But suggesting he has no part of where we are and how consistent we play as a team at this point. To ME seems kinda ridiculous. To each there own....

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
You don't get a gold star for not repeating really stupid decisions.

I didn't see enough of the game to know if he out coached Laviolette. But at least he iced the best available lineup and didn't overplay 3rd pair D.
You should watch the game. Maurice actually spread out the time across the 3 pairings with Chiart getting 2 minutes more than he did in game 4. It was Lavy that was riding his top 4 hard and they started to look spent in the 3rd. I agree that it was nice that MP was ready to step back in. He looked good.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
You should watch the game. Maurice actually spread out the time across the 3 pairings with Chiart getting 2 minutes more than he did in game 4. It was Lavy that was riding his top 4 hard and they started to look spent in the 3rd. I agree that it was nice that MP was ready to step back in. He looked good.

I saw the third period live, but missed 1st and second. On the road this week, but will have to figure out a way to watch Mondays game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad