GDT: Jets @ Philadelphia Thursday February 8th at 6pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
Oh oh Ponds...

I think you may have started a riot...

View attachment 816315
No kidding. I'm going to have a good laugh tonight if our PP suddenly goes on a heater.
We have to much talent on this team to have such a shitty pp, either Lauer's system really really sucks or these talented players can't implement it. It's starting to look like the former
That's what I've been frustrated with as well. Between Mad Dog, Angel, Ehlers, Connor, JMo and Fetti they should at least be able to ice a unit that converts at a league average %. The irony is, if the PP was even middle of the road, the Jets would've likely added a few more W's to an already impressive record and most people wouldn't be talking about it.
Thanks to @Ponds for uncovering Brad Lauer's history.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Jets are the type of org to can a guy mid-season when the team is playing .677 hockey and solidly in a playoff position. Also, he's Bones' guy - coached by him in Ottawa, and they were assistants together in Tampa Bay...so, he's probably here however long Bones is here.
Yep. I'm not holding my breath.
Quite the DAMNING evidence.

PLEASE use all this information and start an online petition. If successful in getting Lauer removed, you will forever be a HERO to HF Jets. I’m SERIOUS. He is what is holding this team back from being a serious contender.
Haha! I wouldn't know where to begin as far as starting petitions go. Nor do I require any accolades. I stumbled into this whole thing like Leslie Nielsen in The Naked Gun.
Eh every assistant coach has been hired and fired multiple times in this league. I wouldn't put too much stock into it, not saying Lauer is the solution but assistants who run special teams get fired all the time. Guy Boucher had been coaching the Leafs PP which is pretty good. How many times had he been fired from the same role?

That said PP is definitely an issue and I am losing patience with it. And unlike with the PK where they may just hope that Helle singlehandedly rescues it even if the process is shit, there is no such chance with the PP which needs an actual solution
To quote the young man in the intro of GZA's Liquid Swords "maybe that was the problem". The NHL is often labeled an 'Old Boys Club' and there certainly is merit to that. I think most professional leagues in NA suffer from recycled personnel and the lack of fresh ideas. So what does it take to break into the top positions and inject some novelty, aside from decade+ long relationships with pals who run/own the club? I don't watch or know much of what's going on in the NFL but don't Miami have a young coach who's doing something different, with results?

In the world of footy, there is an old guard of managers being fazed out and younger/unproven managers are getting a chance to implement innovative systems and evolve the game. Certainly some fail, but some find success and it allows for a different perspective on how to play.

As Gm0ney said above, the Jets aren't the type of organization to fire a coach mid season, let alone while they're near the top of the standings. But again, look at how long Huddy was employed while running a piss poor PK. Paul Maurice literally had to fire himself. Is that acceptable for a franchise that has stated their intentions on contending?

The powerplay won't make or break the Jets campaign but it's been painful to watch for months now. Nobody can convince me there isn't someone with a better resume than Brad Lauer out there who could come aboard and make it click.

I have still have faith that this group of players can win a Cup and that Bones can lead them to it. Be it this year, or in the next few. I'm currently enjoying this season and dreaming of a championship banner hanging from the rafters to start the next. However, this dirt on Lauer coming to light has me questioning aspects of the Jets organization again. Do they have the minerals to get it right on all fronts? From the players to the coaching staff to the people serving the popcorn.

I really hope they do. I want them to.

I guess as cliche as it is, only time will tell.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This is literally what the DoPS said for both incidents.

DoPS on knee on knee hit from Pionk on Sandin. We don't think it was intentional but it was reckless. 2 game suspension.

DoPS on knee on knee hit from Strome on Connor. It was reckless but we don't think it was intentional. No suspension.
Hence how it's very hard not to think DOPS has something against Winnipeg. I know it sounds like pom pom waving from a Jets fan but when you look at the facts it's very hard to think otherwise.

So Marchment only got a fine for that hit against the Leafs while Dillon got three games? Wtf, Georgie boy
See what i mean.

Reactions: hn777

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Are the flyers interested in Stanimal?

I think the last game he played, there was a flyers scout in attendance.

God i hope he plays well tonight.

Release the Beast!
I also hope he plays well - we don't have a ton of experienced NHL bench depth on the blue line and we'll need it going into the playoffs.
I'd be surprised if this has anything to do with flyer scouting - more about filling a hole in the lineup from the looks of it.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Maybe George wanted to play for Winnipeg and Chevy said shoo , shoo , buggar off you are horrible.:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Ponds

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
3 games for a first ever suspension and Strome gets nothing on Connor, Hartman who is known dirty player gets only 1 game on Ehlers , Scheifele gets 4 playoff games for a first offense, it's hard not to think the Jets are getting screwed by DOPS .
He was suspended in 2017 for 1 game.

Reactions: Jets 31

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
Great. I'm feeling vomitus now.
So the Baron accidentally switched homonyms and wrote: "Stanley in will be hard to bare"

I was going to ignore it but after I saw the usual sexist Plain Jane stuff I replied with: "I'm sure Stanley won’t be thrilled to be bare either, hard or not."

And then Thin Ice replies with a need to vomit.

So it got me thinking. I've never heard a woman react to another woman's naked body with revulsion. Never. Sure, you hear jealousy, snide comments, indifference, sarcasm, etc. but I've never heard any woman say another woman's body makes her want to vomit. Yet so many guys react to the image or thought or suggestion of being next to a naked man as something horrible to be avoided. I wonder why. I realize it's not as interesting as the fellatio jokes and other innuendo in today's thread, but it still makes you think.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
I also hope he plays well - we don't have a ton of experienced NHL bench depth on the blue line and we'll need it going into the playoffs.
I'd be surprised if this has anything to do with flyer scouting - more about filling a hole in the lineup from the looks of it.

Definitly a result of a shorthanded bench.

But the fact that Philly showed interest earlier in the season leads me to believe that he will be on full display.

With the addition of Monahan however, maybe that ship has already sailed.

For now, Stanley remains a Boat Anchor on the backend...

But a man can dream. A man can dream...

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm not sure why there's such surprise at a Dillon suspension. The head was 100% the point of contact. Even optically you can't let that go.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I want to see some super solid checks. I want to see a Jets goal within the first 10 min. I want to see Lauer trying to snatch the pebble from Bones' outstretched hand.

JPEIbX.gif

Or at least make him carry the beer.

n50q.gif

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Not sure about the NHL record, but the Jets have the following streaks scoring 3 or less in a game:

10 -2012
10 - 2013
12 - 2014
13 - 2014

16 games - 2016

So we got a way to go....
Is this right?
In 2014 they had two 10+ game streaks of 3 goals or less? Is this the 2013-2014 season? And then 2015-2016 for 16?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
All of you who posted last year that our PP problems were the result of Lauer being on sick leave, please raise your hands now.

I'll wait. :popcorn:

Reactions: 10Ducky10

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
So the Baron accidentally switched homonyms and wrote: "Stanley in will be hard to bare"

I was going to ignore it but after I saw the usual sexist Plain Jane stuff I replied with: "I'm sure Stanley won’t be thrilled to be bare either, hard or not."

And then Thin Ice replies with a need to vomit.

So it got me thinking. I've never heard a woman react to another woman's naked body with revulsion. Never. Sure, you hear jealousy, snide comments, indifference, sarcasm, etc. but I've never heard any woman say another woman's body makes her want to vomit. Yet so many guys react to the image or thought or suggestion of being next to a naked man as something horrible to be avoided. I wonder why. I realize it's not as interesting as the fellatio jokes and other innuendo in today's thread, but it still makes you think.
Methinks you think too much. Men are simple. Vomit is guttural, gross = simplistic. All the comments you made regarding comments from the female side are way, way more in depth and quite probably far, far more damaging and cruel.

Men are dogs, women are cats.

Men are relatively simple, women are far more involved in thought processes. There are memes about it for heaven's sake.

You give us far too much credit.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Methinks you think too much. Men are simple. Vomit is guttural, gross = simplistic.
Can confirm. Vomiting is a rather jolly, fun pastime. Usually one feels great immediately afterward, lots of room for another ale, whot? With proper attention to trajectory, one may avoid soaking one's clothes - and why then even a self-deprecating joke, or some social repartee isn't entirely out of the question.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Methinks you think too much. Men are simple. Vomit is guttural, gross = simplistic. All the comments you made regarding comments from the female side are way, way more in depth and quite probably far, far more damaging and cruel.

Men are dogs, women are cats.

Men are relatively simple, women are far more involved in thought processes. There are memes about it for heaven's sake.

You give us far too much credit.
Wow, throwing around the labels a lot there, Buggsy.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Definitly a result of a shorthanded bench.

But the fact that Philly showed interest earlier in the season leads me to believe he will also be on full display in hopes of a potential trade in the future.

With the addition of Monahan however, maybe that ship has already sailed.

For now, Stanley remains a Boat Anchor on the backend...

But a man can dream. A man can dream...
Recoup a 2nd or 3rd and I’m okay with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad