GDT: Jets @ Philadelphia Thursday February 8th at 6pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Hartman hit a guy going the wrong direction! Lol. If Dillon's hit was 3, Harman's was 30
Just watched a couple Hartman NHL vids... they give him 2 games for slew footing (which they call tripping because he's already been suspended for slew footing once) and talk about the dangerous play, his ability to avoid deBrincat and his history of suspensions

Its all optics - if Acciari's helmet doesn't fly off, Dillon gets one game - that's the only sense I can make of this

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Just watched a couple Hartman NHL vids... they give him 2 games for slew footing (which they call tripping because he's already been suspended for slew footing once) and talk about the dangerous play, his ability to avoid deBrincat and his history of suspensions

Its all optics - if Acciari's helmet doesn't fly off, Dillon gets one game - that's the only sense I can make of this
Agreed. It is all optics and results based.....the Hartman on Ehlers hit being the exception as the optics were terrible and there was a serious injury. That may due to Ehlers reputation among officials.....which is understandable......but should never influence the results.

Reactions: Ponds

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Agreed. It is all optics and results based.....the Hartman on Ehlers hit being the exception as the optics were terrible and there was a serious injury. That may due to Ehlers reputation among officials.....which is understandable......but should never influence the results.
Yeah but everyone knows that Ehlers has to 'man up' so the suspension should be less because he's European and under 6'1

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Yeah but everyone knows that Ehlers has to 'man up' so the suspension should be less because he's European and under 6'1
Acciari is 5'8" so well under 6'1" ... but I guess since he's American he doesn't need to "man up" according to Parros?

I think it's more because of the maple leaf and airplane on Ehlers' jersey than his size and heritage. I bet if roles were reversed -- Dillon played for the Pens and laid that hit on Acciari on the Jets, there'd be no suspension. Maybe not even the match penalty.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Oh oh Ponds...

I think you may have started a riot...

View attachment 816315
Maybe one of the erstwhile media types that ghosts these threads regularly can put @Ponds hard work to use.

I just want the powerplay to be league average and before the AS break said that it needs to be fixed, even if it meant firing Lauer. That's pretty damning evidence. Consider me the guy on the right in the picture that forgot to light his torch.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Acciari is 5'8" so well under 6'1" ... but I guess since he's American he doesn't need to "man up" according to Parros?

I think it's more because of the maple leaf and airplane on Ehlers' jersey than his size and heritage. I bet if roles were reversed -- Dillon played for the Pens and laid that hit on Acciari on the Jets, there'd be no suspension. Maybe not even the match penalty.
Acciari is a 'grinder' so the answer is no

The weird thing is that the Minnesota wild aren't exactly a 'favoured' market in the NHL... and somehow DOPS characterizes his brutal/intentional slew foot on DeBrincat as a trip - otherwise he'd be on record for two slewfoot suspensions with intent to injure in two years... and gets less games than Dillon

It really is bizarre. I'd encourage anyone to watch just Hartman's NHL suspension explanations and try to make sense of it compared to Dillon.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

You can't get more of the head than Dillon got with that hit. It was like 110% head. Ron Jeremy was impressed at the amount of head Dillon got there. I am out of analogies. Absolutely deserved a suspension. The only real issue is the ridiculous inconsistency of the DoPS.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
You can't get more of the head than Dillon got with that hit. It was like 110% head. Ron Jeremy was impressed at the amount of head Dillon got there. I am out of analogies. Absolutely deserved a suspension. The only real issue is the ridiculous inconsistency of the DoPS.
The amount of head on that hit reminded me of your mom at the 1976 Teulon Rodeo, I agree... :naughty: and yes the NHL just needs to set clear suspensionsfor infractions with an option for additional 1 game per repeat infraction and additional 1 game for intent and additional game of injury

Like I think Dillon got more games because Acciari is a good guy/hard working fourth liner and Hartman got less games/fine because Perfetti and Ehlers are 'soft wingers' who can't take care of themselves... then add the helmet flying off and DOPS worried about Crosby calling them out... there's your 3 games

• Haha
Reactions: Gm0ney

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
3 games for a first ever suspension and Strome gets nothing on Connor, Hartman who is known dirty player gets only 1 game on Ehlers , Scheifele gets 4 playoff games for a first offense, it's hard not to think the Jets are getting screwed by DOPS .

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
As much as the season has been fun so far what with the Jets riding along at the top of the standings and all, I've pretty much been rolling with a "whatever happens happens" mentality since the start. I'm hoping they right the ship and get back on course...y'know, pull themselves up by the bootstraps and get back on track...that sort of thing. But, whatever happens happens. lol. A few too many instances of watching futility and pratfalls has done a number on my investment.

Reactions: Ponds

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Thanks to @Ponds for uncovering Brad Lauer's history.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Jets are the type of org to can a guy mid-season when the team is playing .677 hockey and solidly in a playoff position. Also, he's Bones' guy - coached by him in Ottawa, and they were assistants together in Tampa Bay...so, he's probably here however long Bones is here.
Hate to agree but this is probably right on the mark. Doubt Chevy is prompted to do anything but rely on Bones to fix the issue- and this IS the root of the problem.

We shouldn`t overlook the long ,close relationship between Bones and Lauer, and their apparent shared philosophical approaches to the game. They both strive to instill rudimentary structure as the priority, and then encourage/allow only limited creative (and "risky"in their minds )play thereafter. IMO something has gone awry and the players are over-thinking things instead of reacting spontaneously. There is limited player movement and the play is far too "mechanical", with a lessened tempo, at this time.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
If the dops had given Dillon a 1 game suspension he would have been back for the rematch against the Pens and they didn't want that.
If the dops had given Dillon a 2 game suspension then it looks like they are deliberately doing it to keep him from playing the Pens, can't do that.
So the dops give Dillon 3 games so it doesn't look like they are just trying to avoid the Pens rematch, and the dops just look like idiots... but they are use to that.

But , honestly the main result of the hit was the head ( doesn't mean deliberately ) , the player got his bucket knocked off ( looks bad ), and was obviously distressed after the hit ( couldn't get up )... so a suspension is justified. Just the length is debatable.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005

Jesus Christ... :rolleyes:

lets hope we can play this game with 6 d tonight
With Stanley in, do we really have 6 D? 😉

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Maybe one of the erstwhile media types that ghosts these threads regularly can put @Ponds hard work to use.

I just want the powerplay to be league average and before the AS break said that it needs to be fixed, even if it meant firing Lauer. That's pretty damning evidence. Consider me the guy on the right in the picture that forgot to light his torch.
They trade thei 1st because they’re “serious” about contending. How about addressing the real problem at hand to give your players the best chance at success.

Reactions: hn777

Wedgeden

Mar 31, 2012
3 games for a first ever suspension and Strome gets nothing on Connor, Hartman who is known dirty player gets only 1 game on Ehlers , Scheifele gets 4 playoff games for a first offense, it's hard not to think the Jets are getting screwed by DOPS .
This is literally what the DoPS said for both incidents.

DoPS on knee on knee hit from Pionk on Sandin. We don't think it was intentional but it was reckless. 2 game suspension.

DoPS on knee on knee hit from Strome on Connor. It was reckless but we don't think it was intentional. No suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad