Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVIII)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Definitely salary. You can see Pekka Rinne's big ol' contract in there.

And while I'm willing to grant a degree of correlation between salary and role, that graph isn't going to give much weight to depth players (like Slater or Clitsome) or prospects. I believe Trouba was already a top four D when he went out for 17 games.

For forwards and D you can get a pretty good idea for impact though. Ya there will be lil' bits here and there but the most part it will be along the lines for what CapHit is.
BfZioIfIgAA6pr1.jpg

Goaltenders though it doesn't work. Sv% and CapHit is almost a flat line across.

Monster1974

Feb 9, 2014
What is the state of the Jets?

What situation are the Jets in right now? Are they good enough that they'll keep adding pieces to hopefully put together a cup run? Are they in a selling mode? What are the strength's & weakness' of the organization?

Habs fan here would love to get Byfuglien in MTL (as I'm sure are all the other teams in the league).

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
What situation are the Jets in right now? Are they good enough that they'll keep adding pieces to hopefully put together a cup run? Are they in a selling mode? What are the strength's & weakness' of the organization?

Habs fan here would love to get Byfuglien in MTL (as I'm sure are all the other teams in the league).

No official word or anything from the team, but a guess is that they will likely try to trade a UFA or two (Seto and Olli most likely), and if I had to guess, re sign Stuart either in the season or off season.

Buff "may" be available, or Chevy could wait until the off season where there would be more teams involved in the bidding due to increased cap space.

In any event, Buff wouldn't be moved for spare parts. ;)

Daddy Longlegs

Aug 6, 2012
Jets - Lightning swap

To Tampa:

Dustin Byfuglien

To Winnipeg:

Jonathan Drouin

I would have posted this in the "trades n rumours" thread but I wanted to appeal to a broader audience. I think this trade works for both teams, and is relatively fair. Yes Drouin has a higher ceiling, but he is small, and unproven. He hasn't blown away Tampa management as far as getting sent back to Halifax. If we had to add a jimmy lodge and/or a 2nd or 3rd rounder, so be it.

Thoughts?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
To Tampa:

Dustin Byfuglien

To Winnipeg:

Jonathan Drouin

I would have posted this in the "trades n rumours" thread but I wanted to appeal to a broader audience. I think this trade works for both teams, and is relatively fair. Yes Drouin has a higher ceiling, but he is small, and unproven. He hasn't blown away Tampa management as far as getting sent back to Halifax. If we had to add a jimmy lodge and/or a 2nd or 3rd rounder, so be it.

Thoughts?

In our dreams haha

JCLiponfanboy*

Lol thank god few Tampa fans visit these dark corners of the HFboards.

DancesWithWookies

Aug 22, 2011
I would add this years first, and a combination of prospects like Petan, Redmond, Postma, Morrisey etc. That with Buff would probably be fair. But would help their playoff run this year though.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Jebus.

We don't have any talk here about the Lightning, and then the same day I bring up the lightning as a potential destination for Buff we have this train wreck and another joke proposal dealing away Bogo in the trade forum? Coincidence? :)

If the Lightning wanted Buff, the Jets are not getting Drouin.

Johnson, Palat, Killorn, Kucherov, Nameestnikov, Connolly, Panik, Koekkoek, would be the names I would think Chevy would want.

I would personally put Palat and Killorn at the top of my own list. Getting both would be crazy, but getting one and possibly one of Connolly, Panik, Koekkoek, or a pick would be pretty good too.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jebus.

We don't have any talk here about the Lightning, and then the same day I bring up the lightning as a potential destination for Buff we have this train wreck and another joke proposal dealing away Bogo in the trade forum? Coincidence? :)

If the Lightning wanted Buff, the Jets are not getting Drouin.

Johnson, Palat, Killorn, Kucherov, Nameestnikov, Connolly, Panik, Koekkoek, would be the names I would think Chevy would want.

I would personally put Palat and Killorn at the top of my own list. Getting both would be crazy, but getting one and possibly one of Connolly, Panik, Koekkoek, or a pick would be pretty good too.

Palat was drafted as an overage prospect in the 7th round, 208th overall in 2011 after putting up 96 points in 61 games for Drummondville. What a find, he has 34 points in 58 games this season for the Lightning :handclap:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Palat was drafted as an overage prospect in the 7th round, 208th overall in 2011 after putting up 96 points in 61 games for Drummondville. What a find, he has 34 points in 58 games this season for the Lightning :handclap:

And he's also playing in the Olympics.

Not that I wasn't before after seeing the Jets pick up guys like Lipon and Kichton as overagers, but I am really on board with this strategy in the middle to later rounds.

kyle o connor

enjoying first line highlife
Apr 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
No official word or anything from the team, but a guess is that they will likely try to trade a UFA or two (Seto and Olli most likely), and if I had to guess, re sign Stuart either in the season or off season.

Buff "may" be available, or Chevy could wait until the off season where there would be more teams involved in the bidding due to increased cap space.

In any event, Buff wouldn't be moved for spare parts. ;)

I'd ask for Eller + from MTL, then move Little back to wing and move Frolik back down where he belongs. Trouba can be the PP QB and Scheifele will be the #1 C once he's ready

Duir

I see where this is going. Buff for Drouin, then Drouin for your man-love Duchene.

I'm willing to bet you already tried this on NHL '14!

Aela*

I see where this is going. Buff for Drouin, then Drouin for your man-love Duchene.

:laugh:

Stamkos for Buff, Scheifele and a top 3 1st.

What? It worked on NHL 14!

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012

:laugh:LOL, you missed a step.
It's Buff to Buffalo (where they will name the city after him) for Vanek, then Vanek to Tampa for Drouin, then Drouin to Colorado for Duchene.
it's gonna happen for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad