Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Some GMs are that dumb though.

Or perhaps, they just needed proof that goals would come.

Not sure who fits this model though.

Gooch potted a couple, but Joker has been ice cold.

Perhaps Stu's increased minutes add confidence to a GM somewhere.

Seeing them play well in the last 10 might just make it look like they were mis-coached under Noel.

:dunno:

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
@garylawless: smart hockey guy in #sochi said to me about recent #nhljets success, "this gives them a chance to make changes and get better." values r up

Sell Sell Sell. Sell now before they come to their senses

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
LA are supposedly talking to the Oilers about Gagner.

If the Jets weren't playing so well, I wonder if we'd see Jokinen going to LA instead. He fits LA's style and Sutter loved him in Calgary.

Wpgpage

Nov 25, 2010
This one was posted on the trade boards by a Tampa fan, most seem to think its a decent deal on their side interested in what people think of it.

To Tampa: Devin Setoguchi+Mark Stuart+Al Montoya

To Winnipeg: Teddy Purcell+Anders Lindback+middling prospect/mid-round pick

Personally I really like it gets a solid top 6 RW that allows the Jets to push Frolik down to a 3rd line roll where he slots in much better. Also gives the Jets a goalie that is under team control if they cut ties with Pavs, I think its important to have at least one guy in the fold even if he is not NHL starting material. It sucks to lose Stuart especially if they are not totally out of it yet but both he and Seto can easily be replaced VIA FA or minor deals in the off season.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Brandon Pirri, demoted by CHI after Regin trade, may be dealt by March 5 deadline. CHI getting calls on him. For right offer, he could move.

We seem to have a pipeline to Chicago

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Brandon Pirri, demoted by CHI after Regin trade, may be dealt by March 5 deadline. CHI getting calls on him. For right offer, he could move.

Seems like a nice little player... don't know what we can give up for Chicago to be interested though. They probably don't want roster players back so that takes Joki/Seto/Stu out of the equation. We can give up a 3rd but Chi probably wants a 2nd which I don't see us giving up for a player like him

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Seems like a nice little player... don't know what we can give up for Chicago to be interested though. They probably don't want roster players back so that takes Joki/Seto/Stu out of the equation. We can give up a 3rd but Chi probably wants a 2nd which I don't see us giving up for a player like him
They may want a roster player back. It isn't uncommon for a team to add for a playoff run.

Adding somebody who is more effective than Pirri now - even if they won't be in a year or two could make sense for them. I am just not sure the Jets have a player that suits their needs.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I wonder if we'd go after Pirri and sell Jokinen. Too bad Chicago can't take Jokinen due to cap space, even if we retain 50%

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Don't see why it makes sense for the Hawks to sell off Pirri during this season for anything less than a 2nd line centre. Given their cap situation, they won't be able to swing that, there's really no reason for them to deal him for a draft pick. Better to keep him for depth on the playoff run.

I could see him traded at the draft for a bigger piece when the cap situation eases up a bit.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Pirri apparently doesn't get along with Q at all. That combined with waivers next year means they want to dump him.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
This one was posted on the trade boards by a Tampa fan, most seem to think its a decent deal on their side interested in what people think of it.

To Tampa: Devin Setoguchi+Mark Stuart+Al Montoya

To Winnipeg: Teddy Purcell+Anders Lindback+middling prospect/mid-round pick

Personally I really like it gets a solid top 6 RW that allows the Jets to push Frolik down to a 3rd line roll where he slots in much better. Also gives the Jets a goalie that is under team control if they cut ties with Pavs, I think its important to have at least one guy in the fold even if he is not NHL starting material. It sucks to lose Stuart especially if they are not totally out of it yet but both he and Seto can easily be replaced VIA FA or minor deals in the off season.

NOOOOOOOoooooooooooo. We absolutely can not handle a goalie like that whose save % is even worse than Pavs. I'd be fine with the rest.

Olsen

Jul 9, 2013
Per german media, the Jets seems to be interested in David Wolf of the Hamburg Freezers in the German Elite League (DEL).
This guy plays really hard and uses his body often. Fighting and Hitting would not be an issue for him. He also put up really good numbers for the Freezers.

German article: http://www.mopo.de/freezers/top-klu...reezers-ihre-gesichter-,5067052,26036294.html

Elite Prospects: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=28745

Wolf signed a two-way-contract with the Calgary Flames. I'm pretty sure that he's capable of playing in the NHL. And he made the right choice with the Flames. There is probably the best chance to crack the NHL roster.

http://www.eishockeynews.de/aktuell/artikel/2014/02/07/die-nhl-ruft-hamburgs-wolf-geht-im-sommer-zu-den-calgary-flames.html

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

I mentioned Pirri 3 days ago as one of those guys that may be pushing for an NHL spot but are not getting an opportunity, as guys that I would hope Chevy is looking into.

I wouldn't "overpay" for him, but I would seriously be interested.

Pirri could maybe be a 3C next year, and it would allow the Jets to move Olli.

Jets staff would need to be confident that he's better than O'Dell, and more likely to transition to the NHL, as O'Dell has put up pretty good numbers in the AHL as well. He could be as I think his skating is better, but they would want to have a pretty good feeling that he's not going to be an AHL / NHL tweener before spending decent assets on him.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I mentioned Pirri 3 days ago as one of those guys that may be pushing for an NHL spot but are not getting an opportunity, as guys that I would hope Chevy is looking into.

I wouldn't "overpay" for him, but I would seriously be interested.

Pirri could maybe be a 3C next year, and it would allow the Jets to move Olli.

Jets staff would need to be confident that he's better than O'Dell, and more likely to transition to the NHL, as O'Dell has put up pretty good numbers in the AHL as well. He could be as I think his skating is better, but they would want to have a pretty good feeling that he's not going to be an AHL / NHL tweener before spending decent assets on him.
Personally I'd take Pirri over O'Dell every time. I really like O'Dell, but Pirri can be really slick and looks like a safer bet to me. I also think he has a higher ceiling.

If it is either / or I like Pirri. Both would be just dandy too. Swap that duo for Gooch and Joker - I don't think the drop off would be huge.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Personally I'd take Pirri over O'Dell every time. I really like O'Dell, but Pirri can be really slick and looks like a safer bet to me. I also think he has a higher ceiling.

If it is either / or I like Pirri. Both would be just dandy too. Swap that duo for Gooch and Joker - I don't think the drop off would be huge.

Yeah, that's sort of my high level thought as well, but I don't have enough views of Pirri to be sure. Seems like a better skater any way in the small sample size I have seen him play.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Agree: improve the depth going forward by dealing one or both of Seto and Olli, yet not hurt the team in it's attempt to secure a playoff position.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Pirri would be a good fit here. I would give up our 3rd this year for him. I can see some team giving up a 2nd especially if they have extras.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I think Pirri would definitely be worth taking a flyer on if the price was right. His production in the AHL is pretty intriguing.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Pirri would be a good fit here. I would give up our 3rd this year for him. I can see some team giving up a 2nd especially if they have extras.

Leafs gave up Jesse Blacker and a what turned out to be a 2nd for Peter Holland.

Blacker isn't a great prospect, but he isn't horrible and he has put up 20 points in 27 games (as a D man) with the Admirals since the trade.

That is probably the kind of package they would want for Pirri - unless they want somebody who can play in the NHL and help with their playoff push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad