Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
would do that in a second, but LA would never give up that much.

I would send a complimentary ring of kielbasa every week for the duration of Kane's contract to Lombardi's residence as a thank you in perpetuity.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I wonder if we'll go after a buy-low guy like Bickell or Bourque at the deadline.

Either one could turn it around with a change of scenery.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Hawks move Bickell if not at the deadline perhaps more likely in the summer. He's got 3 more years after this year at 4M which is steep for a grinder who doesnt really put up points, and right now the Hawks have a top 9 that is so hard to crack with Saad, Shaw and Kruger all becoming very very good young players. Perhaps in a place like Winnipeg he could get things going.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
From the kings, what would u guys think about a trade like this:

Wpg gets mike richards, toffoli, pearson/voynov and a 2nd

For

Kane.

Wpg gets a ton of talent and a late 2nd rnd pick while la improves on their culture of size and skill.

Pearson is a projected power forward who's proven to be a late bloomer. Could very well be a 30 goal scorer. Yoy guys know bout toffoli and richards. La can't give up a first, gotta keep the prospect pool stocked.

The LA Kings certainly seem likely to be motivated to trade for some scoring. If there is a deal, I'd like Hudson Fasching included as a prospect (moreso than Pearson). I really liked his play in the WJC (especially how he played with Copp). Pop Lipon or Lowry onto the LW and you have the makings of a pretty nice 3rd line.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@Dave_Stubbs: 10 teams have scouts at #Habs #NHLJets: Coyotes, Kings, Penguins, Avalanche, Ducks, Leafs, Predators, Blackhawks, Blue Jackets, Canucks

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
@Dave_Stubbs: 10 teams have scouts at #Habs #NHLJets: Coyotes, Kings, Penguins, Avalanche, Ducks, Leafs, Predators, Blackhawks, Blue Jackets, Canucks

10?

wow. Interesting. Gotta believe most of them are their because of the Jets players, as the Habs most likely will make the playoffs themselves.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011

Only 2 games on today and Montreal is a good town ro visit on super bowl Sunady.....:laugh:.........Nothing to see here......move along......move along.......Nothing to see here............BIG BUFF?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
10?

wow. Interesting. Gotta believe most of them are their because of the Jets players, as the Habs most likely will make the playoffs themselves.

Van plays the Habs this week....the others have no reason in particular to be there.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Are the Kings looking at a rental? Joker or Seto?
Parenteau wouldn't be a bad pickup would he? If we could ship Seto off at the deadline for a 2nd rounder, could we get Parenteau + a top prospect like Siemens to start in a Buff trade?

Last edited:

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
I won't be surprised if Jokinen is sent to the Kings and re-united with Sutter. Pardy too possibly.

I think the Jets have worked themselves into the exact situation we were in last season, right in contention for a playoff spot. I say we stand pat until the off season and try to make the playoffs. I have no problem trying to resign Jokinen and Stuart. Maybe trade Setogucci and the deadline. Buff would be the player we would trade during the summer.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I think the Jets have worked themselves into the exact situation we were in last season, right in contention for a playoff spot. I say we stand pat until the off season and try to make the playoffs. I have no problem trying to resign Jokinen and Stuart. Maybe trade Setogucci and the deadline. Buff would be the player we would trade during the summer.

This is how I feel as well. Unless we go on a loosing skid before the dead line, I want to keep the team mostly in tact, but then there is the worry we miss and they don't resign and we loose 3 players for nothing. That would hurt the progress of the team a lot.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
This is how I feel as well. Unless we go on a loosing skid before the dead line, I want to keep the team mostly in tact, but then there is the worry we miss and they don't resign and we loose 3 players for nothing. That would hurt the progress of the team a lot.

Jets are very unlikely to make the playoffs. We should be realistic and do what's best for the team in the long term instead of chasing an extremely unrealistic pipe dream. Jokinen, Seto and Stuart should be moved at the deadline. Jokinen and Stuart's value is never going to be higher than it is right now

Wpg Jets Fan

Aug 13, 2008
Wild West
Jets are very unlikely to make the playoffs. We should be realistic and do what's best for the team in the long term instead of chasing an extremely unrealistic pipe dream. Jokinen, Seto and Stuart should be moved at the deadline. Jokinen and Stuart's value is never going to be higher than it is right now

Debbie downer......

jiho

Apr 30, 2012

I say we need Jokinen and Stuart next season, so let's keep them, try for the playoffs and try to resign them. Who do you expect to replace them next season? They are good veterans to have around. We could afford to lose Setogucci if we get a decent return and replace him with O'Dell for the rest of this season.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Debbie downer......

Just being realistic. To make the playoffs Jets need to go 18-6-1 from here on. If we include the last 10 games Jets would have gone 26-8-1 in the last 35 games of the season. Those are President Trophy team kind of numbers. Going back all the way to the Atlanta days when has this franchis gone 26-8-1? It's unrealistic to think they will somehow magically turn into world beaters overnight esp with the kind of goaltending we have.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I say we need Jokinen and Stuart next season, so let's keep them, try for the playoffs and try to resign them. Who do you expect to replace them next season? They are good veterans to have around. We could afford to lose Setogucci if we get a decent return and replace him with O'Dell for the rest of this season.

Stuart could be replaced by someone in the system without any dropoff in quality, give that spot to Redmond, Ellerby or Postma (or even Kichton if he's ready). I don't see him as indispensible. Jokinen is gonna be older and imo is replacable through free agency. If not O'Dell is waivers eligible next season and we need to see what we have in him so he can take over 3rd line C duties as far as I'm concerned.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Stuart could be replaced by someone in the system without any dropoff in quality, give that spot to Redmond, Ellerby or Postma (or even Kichton if he's ready). I don't see him as indispensible. Jokinen is gonna be older and imo is replacable through free agency. If not O'Dell is waivers eligible next season and we need to see what we have in him so he can take over 3rd line C duties as far as I'm concerned.

I agree talent level wise they can be replaced, but the veteran leadership they provide the younger players can not be replaced by the likes of Redmond and O'Dell.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
^^ Think of it this way... without Stuart and Jokinen it opens an oppertunity for younger guys like Kane, Bogosian and Trouba to step up and fill the leadership void

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
^^ Think of it this way... without Stuart and Jokinen it opens an oppertunity for younger guys like Kane, Bogosian and Trouba to step up and fill the leadership void

Fair comment...tough decision for Chevy

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Its not just about vet leadearship, we really don't have anyone even close to Joker that could replace him. Stuie on the other hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad