Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Jets scout sighting at Colorado v Minny tonight. I think we had one at Colorado v Dallas a couple of nights ago.

Can't see a trade with Colorado, but maybe I'm missing something.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Jets scout sighting at Colorado v Minny tonight. I think we had one at Colorado v Dallas a couple of nights ago.

Can't see a trade with Colorado, but maybe I'm missing something.

Maybe hopeful Stastny his free agency.

As in I'm hopeful Stastny hits free agency and we sign him.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
How many times a month a post gets made on HFBoards "scout of team x was spotted at a game of team y"? It almost never amounts to anything. Most likely they are collecting dish on the division rival

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Send Ladd over there for ROR. Ladd is the first core guy I want to see traded, his play is making me sick, turnover central. His value will only drop very soon. Keep Little, Wheeler, Kane, Bogo as core guys, and eventually trade one of Enstrom or Buff and then you will see the transformation to the new Jets and that is what Im waiting for.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Send Ladd over there for ROR. Ladd is the first core guy I want to see traded, his play is making me sick, turnover central. His value will only drop very soon. Keep Little, Wheeler, Kane, Bogo as core guys, and eventually trade one of Enstrom or Buff and then you will see the transformation to the new Jets and that is what Im waiting for.

:scared:

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

When Andrew Ladd returns to his play of last season, you will be happy we didn't trade him. How quickly people forget. He was a complete beast. Remember earlier this year when people were trading Wheeler away because he was useless?

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
When Andrew Ladd returns to his play of last season, you will be happy we didn't trade him. How quickly people forget. He was a complete beast. Remember earlier this year when people were trading Wheeler away because he was useless?

Ah, but we armchair GM's here at HF opt to live by the "sell low" approach to doing business. Throw 'em under the bus as soon as we can is our motto. :sarcasm:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Why are people getting all over Ladd?

LLF has been a very solid unit since formation and he is a big part of that.

Seems like everyone takes their turn at getting the beat down. How many games ago was it that Ladd got the game winner against Chicago?

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
You can't really scout a player watching TV alone. So much goes on outside the view of the camera.

That is why watching the game live is still 100X better then of my 55 inch plasma....way more happens then what you see on the camera

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Maybe hopeful Stastny his free agency.

As in I'm hopeful Stastny hits free agency and we sign him.

Me too, although I think there are also 20 other boards here that are also hoping to sign him. Not a lot out there in FA this summer.

It's McGinn they are looking at I believe.

I would take him for the 3rd line LW in a second. Depends on the price of course.

Would definitely take ROR, but the price may be high.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Would definitely take ROR, but the price may be high.

If ROR was coming the other way. A deal around Buff or Kane? ROR's qualifying offer needs to be $6.5M. If he just accepts it then it's the same the year after and that takes him to UFA status.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/mister-reliable-242888241.html

Stuart's total of 164 games in a Jets uniform grows again tonight. The future, according to some, seems less certain, what with the NHL's trading deadline approaching on March 5 and the fact Stuart will be an unrestricted free agent in July.

"I really enjoy it here," Stuart said, not hesitating when asked if he could see himself playing here longer-term. "I've always believed in the future of this team and this organization. I think there's a very bright future here, so of course I would."

He said Thursday there has been no discussion at all about a contract extension that would keep him from going to the open market in the summer, but he hasn't given it much thought.

"No, nothing," he said. "I'm just playing, just trying to get us back on track here. That stuff will work itself out. We just need to win games. Can't be thinking about that stuff."

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
If ROR was coming the other way. A deal around Buff or Kane? ROR's qualifying offer needs to be $6.5M. If he just accepts it then it's the same the year after and that takes him to UFA status.

Would be ok with Buff myself, and previously had used ROR as an example of a guy if Kane was moved in the past, but that was under the assumption that Kane was wanting out. With Kane's play with Scheifele and Wheeler, I would be extremely hesitant on moving him unless he was really making waves internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad