Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Listening to Illegal Curve talk about Chicago's need for a #2 C. Three-way trades are tough but could something like this work:

To Chicago: Brayden Schenn
To Philadelphia: Dustin Byfuglien
To Winnipeg: Braydon Coburn, Teuvo Teravainen

(thinking maybe Chicago has to give a bit more and Philly/Wpg are a little short; could balance with picks)

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Listening to Illegal Curve talk about Chicago's need for a #2 C. Three-way trades are tough but could something like this work:

To Chicago: Brayden Schenn
To Philadelphia: Dustin Byfuglien
To Winnipeg: Braydon Coburn, Teuvo Teravainen

(thinking maybe Chicago has to give a bit more and Philly/Wpg are a little short; could balance with picks)

I would possibly do it, but hawks fans are very high on teravainen

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Chicago definitely needs to give more to Philly. I would say our value is good.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

IMO you are right, Flyers won't trade those 2 for Buff.

I know Jets will probably be sellers so prob not feasible, but does a Postma for Downie make any sense for Jets ? Maybe resign Downie for third line ?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
IMO you are right, Flyers won't trade those 2 for Buff.

I don't think their 1st would do it either.

I know Jets will probably be sellers so prob not feasible, but does a Postma for Downie make any sense for Jets ? Maybe resign Downie for third line ?

Postma would likely move in the off season, at that point Downie would be a free agent. I don't see us moving him this year.

AnaheimDucks90

May 22, 2008
Hamburg

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Huh. Interesting. Not a prospect per se, but puts up respectable numbers for games played. Do they call DEL games that tightly? He has a hell of a lot of PIMs. Could be a good depth solution on the LW, probably 3rd LW. I can see why we'd be interested in that.

AnaheimDucks90

May 22, 2008
Hamburg
Huh. Interesting. Not a prospect per se, but puts up respectable numbers for games played. Do they call DEL games that tightly? He has a hell of a lot of PIMs. Could be a good depth solution on the LW, probably 3rd LW. I can see why we'd be interested in that.

He had some fights and in the DEL you get 2+2+10 penalty minutes for one fight. I can remember in one game against Ingolstadt he had two fights (vs. Travis Turnbull and Tim Conboy).
I'm not sure if you mean this, but in the DEL you only have 52 regular season and maximum 24 playoff games.

I think he could fit to the Jets with his aggressive style. We really love him here in Hamburg.

jetkarma*

Per german media, the Jets seems to be interested in David Wolf of the Hamburg Freezers in the German Elite League (DEL).
This guy plays really hard and uses his body often. Fighting and Hitting would not be an issue for him. He also put up really good numbers for the Freezers.

German article: http://www.mopo.de/freezers/top-klu...reezers-ihre-gesichter-,5067052,26036294.html

Elite Prospects: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=28745

Isn't a Winnipeg player leading the lead in scoring there?

jetkarma*

translated piece : Something different is it in buddy Wolf. The "Ice Monster" comes as the nickname suggests, over his body. Nevertheless, he has greatly improved his skills with stick and puck. That's why he is among other things with the NHL club LA Kings, Winnipeg Jets and Toronto Maple Leafs on the note. It is in this league, he would fit in perfectly with its type as third-or fourth-row player.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

I gotta respectfully disagree on that one. Getting Teravainen and Coburn for Buff would be an obscene steal IMO. If we got Teravainen alone I'd do that. Maybe I'm overhyping the kid but I don't think I am...

AnaheimDucks90

May 22, 2008
Hamburg
Isn't a Winnipeg player leading the lead in scoring there?

The first two leading scorers are from Winnipeg. Adam Courchaine and Kevin Clark (both from the Krefeld Pinguine). Per german press, Clark have signed a two-year contract with the Freezers beginning next season.

Back to topic: Would be bad to lose Wolf but If he will go to an NHL-Team like the Jets, I would be happy!

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Per german media, the Jets seems to be interested in David Wolf of the Hamburg Freezers in the German Elite League (DEL).
This guy plays really hard and uses his body often. Fighting and Hitting would not be an issue for him. He also put up really good numbers for the Freezers.

German article: http://www.mopo.de/freezers/top-klu...reezers-ihre-gesichter-,5067052,26036294.html

Elite Prospects: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=28745

Guy appears to be a marginal scorer with at boat load of PIMs.

Let's go German with Leon Draisaitl first.

jetkarma*

The first two leading scorers are from Winnipeg. Adam Courchaine and Kevin Clark (both from the Krefeld Pinguine). Per german press, Clark have signed a two-year contract with the Freezers beginning next season.

Back to topic: Would be bad to lose Wolf but If he will go to an NHL-Team like the Jets, I would be happy!

Adam was a PHENOMENAL scorer as a youth , once scored like 350 goals in a season.

Wpg Jets Fan

Aug 13, 2008
Wild West
Yes.

Did you see the video where he flipped a lose stick to a team mate behind him on the fly and the other player caught in mid stride? Think it actually was another Winnipeger too.

Played with Adam, unreal talent, undersized and a ****** attitude. Never the less always fun to watch from the bench :)

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
translated piece : Something different is it in buddy Wolf. The "Ice Monster" comes as the nickname suggests, over his body. Nevertheless, he has greatly improved his skills with stick and puck. That's why he is among other things with the NHL club LA Kings, Winnipeg Jets and Toronto Maple Leafs on the note. It is in this league, he would fit in perfectly with its type as third-or fourth-row player.

:confused:

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
There's a pair of Winnipeggers doing pretty unreal over in Kazakhstan as well. Don't be surprised to see Dawes and Boyd suiting up for Kazakhstan national team sometime in the future ala Kevin Dallman.

Thought Dallman got expelled from Kazakhstan because his wife wrote a blog about living there.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Thought Dallman got expelled from Kazakhstan because his wife wrote a blog about living there.

There were rumours that he was pressured out of Barys Astana due to that (eventually signing with SKA St. Petersburg) but he later returned to play for Kazakhstan in Olympic Games qualifications so I don't know how much truth there is to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad