Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Maybe even better considering better intangibles.

Pretty much a king's ransom like Joe said.

Anaheim got a pretty deadly return.

Jakob is already a solid middle 6 NHLer and he still has upside at 23.
Noesen was a former 1st round pick and he is 20 - his injury muddled things a little though.
The 1st round pick would be 8th overall if the season ended today.

I think I'd consider that.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Anaheim got a pretty deadly return.

Jakob is already a solid middle 6 NHLer and he still has upside at 23.
Noesen was a former 1st round pick and he is 20 - his injury muddled things a little though.
The 1st round pick would be 8th overall if the season ended today.

I think I'd consider that.

None of those teams reportedly interested will have a 1st round pick anywhere close to #8. There is a big value difference between a top 10 and a 25-30 pick in the entry draft. Any of those teams would have to add significantly more than players Silfverberg and Noesen in addition to a #1 to interest me.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I don't know what I would want for Ladd or if I would even want to move him. I guess it depends if he wanted to move or not

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
In my opinion, it would be between Anaheim or Chicago with the best offers.

If it would be Anaheim, you'd be looking at players like Etem/Kerdiles/Laganiere and possibly Andersen or Palmieri along with a 1st. They have two firsts and which one they'd trade would depend greatly on the players involved.

Chicago has players like Teravainen, Mcneill, Hartman and Hayes and perhaps Kruger or Bickell (hopefully not) from their roster.

I don't see San Jose having the pieces we'd want.

Los Angeles has Toffoli and Pearson but what else would be involved??? Likely not a fit.

From Pittsburgh you'd be looking at probably Bennett, Harrington/Dumoulin and a 1st.

Either way, I doubt it happens, but it is kinda fun to speculate. Not necessarily up for trading our CAPTAIN unless it drastically helps make us a solid playoff team going forward.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
None of those teams reportedly interested will have a 1st round pick anywhere close to #8. There is a big value difference between a top 10 and a 25-30 pick in the entry draft. Any of those teams would have to add significantly more than players Silfverberg and Noesen in addition to a #1 to interest me.

Anaheim does.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Anaheim does.

Right, you are. :nod:

That would make things more interesting.

I would want a very big return for Ladd. I think that trading a captain like Ladd could have unpredictable consequences for the psyche and future morale of the team.

Dirty30

Feb 12, 2012
I'd like to see a deal with the Flyers. They have a lot of guys if like to see in a Jets uniform (ie, Simmons, B. Shenn, Cobourne, Hartnell).

I'd be willing to part with Ladd + to get a couple of these guys.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
My question with Anaheim though is, why would they essentially undo the Bobby Ryan trade such a short time after making it?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Toffoli, Pearson & 1st. werd.

I don't think I'd to that, sd. I'm not sold on Pearson and the 1st rounder would be very late.

I think that trading Ladd carries some risk for this franchise in terms of its psyche going forward.

jetkarma*

My question with Anaheim though is, why would they essentially undo the Bobby Ryan trade such a short time after making it?

Salary Cap would be one reason , a strong chance to win another Cup would be another I would think .

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I don't think I'd to that, sd. I'm not sold on Pearson and the 1st rounder would be very late.

I think that trading Ladd carries some risk for this franchise in terms of its psyche going forward.

Ladd is 28. Toffoli looks like the real deal. I like Pearson. I'd like a LD back, but I don't know anything about their D prospects.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

Um...to win the Cup?

Unless they are handing out trophies for collecting shiny prospects now. I haven't seen the press release.

I don't think we'll trade Ladd. To be honest, we probably overvalue him and won't get near the return we want.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ladd is 28. Toffoli looks like the real deal. I like Pearson. I'd like a LD back, but I don't know anything about their D prospects.

Kevin Gravel is a LD prospect that would be the absolute perfect fit. He is a senior at St. Could State this year. Big shutdown D that moves really well, have a great first pass, awesome positionally. Toffoli, Pearson, Gravel + 2nd would be a great return for Ladd.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Not sure where to post this so I'll post it in here. Also keep in mind I am very busy and haven't kept up with the Jets as much as I used to, so forgive me if some of this is common knowledge.

Today Mark Chipman came and spoke to my faculty for an hour during lunch. It was pretty informal, he spent the first half going over this history of his involvement with hockey in Winnipeg starting with the Moose in 96, and moved forward to today. The second half of the time was a Q and A.

Some interesting points I gathered:

- The NHL was pretty interested in coming back to Winnipeg, as Bettman let Chipman know back in 04 when the MTS Centre opened that he regretted that the Jets 1.0 (and yes Chipman referred to those Jets as 1.0 so take that 3.0 people ;) ).
- In late April of 09 Chipman had an offer to purchase the Coyotes but turned it down, for one thing the Moose were deep in the playoffs - made the Calder Cup Finals that year, and two, he didn't feel there was enough time to relocate the team (later attempts over the next few years made the process easier as a lot of the process had already gone through so time wasn't a big factor in 2011). In 2010 he had another offer to buy the Coyotes, and accepted it, and had the press conference ready to go, but it was subject to Glendale not coming up with the $25mil by a deadline. Glendale did, and the deal was off, but he said he had a "coupon" from the NHL which was valid to buy the next available team, and eventually used on the Thrashers.
- On firing Noel, he said it was a mutual decision made by himself, Chevy, and Heisinger. He said it was a tough decision, as it was the first time in the roughly 18 years he has been involved in professional hockey that he fired a coach, and that Noel is such a great guy. Additionally, he doesn't buy into the "shelf-life" argument, he said he finds it to be made up, and could be just a product of the media.

Lastly, Chipman came off as a real genuinely great person, who seemed to take pride in what he has done. Additionally, it was clear that if he said something, he meant it, and that he came off as a seriously hard working and humble person. We are lucky to have him not only as an owner, but as a member of the Winnipeg community in general.

EDIT - please don't take what I post as verbatim for what Chipman said.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Kevin Gravel is a LD prospect that would be the absolute perfect fit. He is a senior at St. Could State this year. Big shutdown D that moves really well, have a great first pass, awesome positionally. Toffoli, Pearson, Gravel + 2nd would be a great return for Ladd.

What's up with Derek Forbort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad