Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
But in the hypothetical world IF cbj calls Chevy and says ok.... 2 for 3 plus Werenski... Jets would trade it for sure. Columbus is probably the only realistic trade option for the Jets cuz they didn't win 2nd overall to move out of the top 3. I think a ridiculous overpay of Werenski plus 3 is what it would take. I don't see how assign hartnell makes any difference when it's Columbus wanting to trade up. They add Hartnell and they probably would have to add their 2nd round pick Also. Hartnell isn't awful but.... he's not exactly a piece the jets really need

True that Hartnell isn't a piece we really need but it is easy to find a place for him to be valuable to us. If I thought it was even remotely possible, even in this fantasy to do just 3 and Werenski for 2 I would prefer that to including Roslovic. Hartnell is a little different though. CBJ needs to include some cap relief simply because cap space is their greatest need but he is also a positive for us. Leave Roslovic out of it for a minute. We can give up 2 for 3 and Werenski or we can give up 2 for 3 and Werenski and Hartnell. I think the 3 for 1 is better than the 2 for 1. Hartnell would be very useful. He is still a very good player. You may disagree. If Hartnell suddenly goes to pieces in a year or a year and a half you might be right to disagree. But if we get 2 good years out of him before 1 not so good year at a reduced cost we have done alright by including him. I admit there is some risk in Hartnell and if we could do it without him it would be a safer bet. I think he would be a necessary part of a good deal.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario

Any idea's of possible players we could get for that 22? I would imagine for that straight
Up maybe a 3rd liner or a good 5/6 depth LD? Not sure how that value stacks up. I would imagine packaging a prospect with the pick can boost the value a bit

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Any idea's of possible players we could get for that 22? I would imagine for that straight
Up maybe a 3rd liner or a good 5/6 depth LD? Not sure how that value stacks up. I would imagine packaging a prospect with the pick can boost the value a bit

If we do a trade #22 I hope we get a player and a pick (2nd or 3rd rd)

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I really think the jets are going to push hard to move up and pick one of Chychrun or Bean.My guess would be #22 + Roslovic.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I really think the jets are going to push hard to move up and pick one of Chychrun or Bean.My guess would be #22 + Roslovic.

I woulf rather use that package to get an already proven NHL #3-4 LD. You know somethimg that will fix that huge hole in the next couple years

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I woulf rather use that package to get an already proven NHL #3-4 LD. You know somethimg that will fix that huge hole in the next couple years

And lose them in the expansion draft? No, I think you go for the prospect. The left side isn't that bad if you play trouba with buff, morrisey on the 3rd pair.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If the Jets trade #22 and prospect for a top 4 LHD, I could see Trouba or Myers being moved in a blockbuster.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011

I would normally agree with you but with the expansion draft coming up you don't want to get stuck with to many good D that have to be exposed.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
If the Jets trade #22 and prospect for a top 4 LHD, I could see Trouba or Myers being moved in a blockbuster.

Me like blockbusters. Blockbusters make me :hyper:. Especially if announced on the draft floor. Bettman will be, "I have a trade to announce. I'll give you a second to swallow your coffee...". It would make a perfect evening even perfecter. :nod:

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

Do you think 22, Myers and player or prospect would be enough to get Mcdonagh out of New York? They want to get back in the 1st round apparently

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'd want an expansion exempt LHD, we already have to protect 3 D regardless unless Enstrom is dealt or moves his NMC... so i think the likely scenario is they move 22 for a young LHD... expansion exempt. Maybe Myers plus 22 for Sanheim and 18? I dunno but someone like Sanheim would be the ideal type of guy to get. Even just 22 for Sanheim and maybe a 2nd from Philly works.

OutsideLookingIn

Feb 9, 2010
To Winnipeg

Datsuk
Smith
Ouellet
16th
Plus prospect or future pick

Winnipeg gets left d for this year at $2.7M, left d for future that is cost controlled, moves up 6 spots, carries $7.5m cap that won't be used due to not signing Trouba and True North saves $4.75M in real dollars on Pav. Goes with Helly and Hutch in net, with a low cost backup in the Ahl behind Comrie.

To Detroit

Trouba
Pav
22nd

Detroit picks up the RD they need, opens up cap space for Stamkos, buys out Pav over two years or keeps him for the year and trades Howard. Moves down 6 spots.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
To Winnipeg

Datsuk
Smith
Ouellet
16th
Plus prospect or future pick

Winnipeg gets left d for this year at $2.7M, left d for future that is cost controlled, moves up 6 spots, carries $7.5m cap that won't be used due to not signing Trouba and True North saves $4.75M in real dollars on Pav. Goes with Helly and Hutch in net, with a low cost backup in the Ahl behind Comrie.

To Detroit

Trouba
Pav
22nd

Detroit picks up the RD they need, opens up cap space for Stamkos, buys out Pav over two years or keeps him for the year and trades Howard. Moves down 6 spots.

That might be the worst offer for Trouba I've ever seen here.

A big no. We'll just keep him

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I guess Put it this way... Cam Fowler is being shopped and the rumors are Buffalo for 8th overall or Montreal for 9th overall...

Trouba is worth more than that. So that deal above is just awful for the Jets.

Keep Trouba. Trade Myers.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
True that Hartnell isn't a piece we really need but it is easy to find a place for him to be valuable to us. If I thought it was even remotely possible, even in this fantasy to do just 3 and Werenski for 2 I would prefer that to including Roslovic. Hartnell is a little different though. CBJ needs to include some cap relief simply because cap space is their greatest need but he is also a positive for us. Leave Roslovic out of it for a minute. We can give up 2 for 3 and Werenski or we can give up 2 for 3 and Werenski and Hartnell. I think the 3 for 1 is better than the 2 for 1. Hartnell would be very useful. He is still a very good player. You may disagree. If Hartnell suddenly goes to pieces in a year or a year and a half you might be right to disagree. But if we get 2 good years out of him before 1 not so good year at a reduced cost we have done alright by including him. I admit there is some risk in Hartnell and if we could do it without him it would be a safer bet. I think he would be a necessary part of a good deal.

You know what. With the rumor out there that the Jets are looking for a top 9 forward and LHD... perhaps your proposal isn't as ridiculous or far fetched as originally thought. Hartnell is a top 9 forward, Werenski is a LHD. It makes more sense today for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad