Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Figure Matty would sign as soon as it was possible. Great News. Him and his Wife are big fans of Winnipeg, pretty big french culture here plays a role. French guys tend to really love Winnipeg. Highest French Population in Canada outside of Montreal but not as rowdy as Montreal.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
They can also add a retroactive nmc to the contract that would kick in for next season. Would mean he needs protection.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
You know what. With the rumor out there that the Jets are looking for a top 9 forward and LHD... perhaps your proposal isn't as ridiculous or far fetched as originally thought. Hartnell is a top 9 forward, Werenski is a LHD. It makes more sense today for sure.

Why are we looking for a Top 9 forward, exactly? I mean, aren't we going to have an oversupply? We're not hard up for one. I wonder why we'd trade assets to acquire one - we could always just sign Lee Stempniak... :sarcasm:

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
To Winnipeg

Datsuk
Smith
Ouellet
16th
Plus prospect or future pick

Winnipeg gets left d for this year at $2.7M, left d for future that is cost controlled, moves up 6 spots, carries $7.5m cap that won't be used due to not signing Trouba and True North saves $4.75M in real dollars on Pav. Goes with Helly and Hutch in net, with a low cost backup in the Ahl behind Comrie.

To Detroit

Trouba
Pav
22nd

Detroit picks up the RD they need, opens up cap space for Stamkos, buys out Pav over two years or keeps him for the year and trades Howard. Moves down 6 spots.

gaaaaarbage, no thanks! Trouba isn't going anywhere.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
This is good news

Agreed. Even with the repercussion of then "having" to protect him in the expansion draft, I think I'd rather have the issue of protecting him and knowing he's signed to an extension, than trying to leave him as a UFA for the expansion draft and "hoping" he signs with us. Who knows if he does in that case.

I'd really like to then get to the 7-3 model if it's possible. I would guess that Dano would get taken in a 4-4 model, and I'd really like to keep him if possible.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I woulf rather use that package to get an already proven NHL #3-4 LD. You know somethimg that will fix that huge hole in the next couple years

A proven 2nd pair D will need expansion protection. We already have 4 needing protection so if we went that way we would pretty much be forced to trade 1 of the 4. That is unless Toby would waive and accept being exposed.

I would rather package some assets to get a Sanheim or Jacob Larsson who will be expansion exempt.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Would love to see MP stick w the Jets, a great deal.

Figure Matty would sign as soon as it was possible. Great News. Him and his Wife are big fans of Winnipeg, pretty big french culture here plays a role. French guys tend to really love Winnipeg. Highest French Population in Canada outside of Montreal but not as rowdy as Montreal.

Not largest outside Montreal, second largest outside Province of Quebec. Winnipeg's collective french speaking population would be between the 10th and 13th largest centre in Quebec, depending on who you ask.

Winnipeg is also behind Moncton-Dieppe, but is pretty close and maybe larger in french speaking population when one factors in the surrounding predominantly french neighbourhoods within an hours drive like Lorette and St Anne then it adds up

Sorry for the nitpicking my Jets bro but I just had to nit pick :naughty:

But in Western Canada? No comparison. Certainly next to nothing french culture in Calgary, and I used to be actively involved in the South Alberta Franco-Cultural centre. Compared to Winnpeg, french is non-existent here; wheres Saint Boniface is the largest francophone community west of Quebec

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Do you think 22, Myers and player or prospect would be enough to get Mcdonagh out of New York? They want to get back in the 1st round apparently

There was a lot of McDonagh talk a while ago but I don't think there was much substance to it. He is NYR captain. I doubt they want to move him. If they are willing though I think Myers + 22 is already getting close. They need F's. Lowry + Myers + 36? Just spitballing.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'd want an expansion exempt LHD, we already have to protect 3 D regardless unless Enstrom is dealt or moves his NMC... so i think the likely scenario is they move 22 for a young LHD... expansion exempt. Maybe Myers plus 22 for Sanheim and 18? I dunno but someone like Sanheim would be the ideal type of guy to get. Even just 22 for Sanheim and maybe a 2nd from Philly works.

Wait, Philly is giving us Sanheim + 2nd for 22? Not even close, I think. I would jump at 22 + 36 for Sanheim.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
To Winnipeg

Datsuk
Smith
Ouellet
16th

Winnipeg gets left d for this year at $2.7M, left d for future that is cost controlled, moves up 6 spots, carries $7.5m cap that won't be used due to not signing Trouba and True North saves $4.75M in real dollars on Pav. Goes with Helly and Hutch in net, with a low cost backup in the Ahl behind Comrie.

To Detroit

Trouba
Pav
22nd

Detroit picks up the RD they need, opens up cap space for Stamkos, buys out Pav over two years or keeps him for the year and trades Howard. Moves down 6 spots.

I like the direction you are going but don't want to give up Trouba.

Trouba out, Myers in. Detroit drops Smith and the prospect or future pick.

Datsuk
Ouellet
16th

for

Myers
Pav
22nd

BTW both Smith and Ouellet would require protection so the OP just doesn't fly.

Or we could keep Pav and Wings add accordingly.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You know what. With the rumor out there that the Jets are looking for a top 9 forward and LHD... perhaps your proposal isn't as ridiculous or far fetched as originally thought. Hartnell is a top 9 forward, Werenski is a LHD. It makes more sense today for sure.

Nice of you to say so. It wasn't my proposal originally and it was never ridiculous or far fetched. Your own responses accepted the biggest parts of it so "ridiculous" and "far fetched" don't even fit with your own earlier position. You can say you disagree with my valuations of some of the parts, like Hartnell and Roslovic for example without using that kind of language. :)

I suppose far fetched fits in the sense that neither team has proposed anything like it as far as we know and isn't likely to. All the fan forum trade proposals are far fetched in the sense that they are extremely unlikely to actually happen but that language is inflammatory.

On to today's news. I'm a little surprised that Chevy still lists a top 9 F as a goal considering the competition we will have in TC for top 9 spots. I wonder if he is just thinking of a mid 6 upgrade at any position? Or does he have something more specific in mind, like 3C? Does that statement kill any thought of moving Stafford? Or does it hint at wanting a Stafford replacement who better fits our needs? My guess would be more likely an addition while keeping Stafford.

I would think the best bet for a top 9 F would be free agency. If he is looking to add Helm might be what he is looking for.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Why are we looking for a Top 9 forward, exactly? I mean, aren't we going to have an oversupply? We're not hard up for one. I wonder why we'd trade assets to acquire one - we could always just sign Lee Stempniak... :sarcasm:

Stempniak is a 4th liner. Never been any more. :sarcasm:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Nice of you to say so. It wasn't my proposal originally and it was never ridiculous or far fetched. Your own responses accepted the biggest parts of it so "ridiculous" and "far fetched" don't even fit with your own earlier position. You can say you disagree with my valuations of some of the parts, like Hartnell and Roslovic for example without using that kind of language. :)

I suppose far fetched fits in the sense that neither team has proposed anything like it as far as we know and isn't likely to. All the fan forum trade proposals are far fetched in the sense that they are extremely unlikely to actually happen but that language is inflammatory.

On to today's news. I'm a little surprised that Chevy still lists a top 9 F as a goal considering the competition we will have in TC for top 9 spots. I wonder if he is just thinking of a mid 6 upgrade at any position? Or does he have something more specific in mind, like 3C? Does that statement kill any thought of moving Stafford? Or does it hint at wanting a Stafford replacement who better fits our needs? My guess would be more likely an addition while keeping Stafford.

I would think the best bet for a top 9 F would be free agency. If he is looking to add Helm might be what he is looking for.

That came from Custance not from Chevy

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agreed. Even with the repercussion of then "having" to protect him in the expansion draft, I think I'd rather have the issue of protecting him and knowing he's signed to an extension, than trying to leave him as a UFA for the expansion draft and "hoping" he signs with us. Who knows if he does in that case.

I'd really like to then get to the 7-3 model if it's possible. I would guess that Dano would get taken in a 4-4 model, and I'd really like to keep him if possible.

Agree. I'm pretty confident that Chevy will be working toward the 7+3. Either persuade Toby to waive or trade Myers. I think the Trouba trade option is very highly unlikely. If it did happen it would likely include another D needing protection.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
In the case that Chevy is forced to go the 4+4 route with expansion Wheeler, Scheif, Little and MP are probably protected. That leaves Dano, Armia, Lowry and Copp exposed. Of those the one most likely to be taken and most wanted to be kept will depend on their respective performances this year.

Hypothetically lets say that Dano lives up to expectations and Lowry lives up to the expectations most of us had a year ago. What do people think are the chances of Chevy giving up, say a 3rd to ensure LV takes his preferred option between Armia and Copp? Or someone else for that matter.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
To Winnipeg

Datsuk
Smith
Ouellet
16th

To Detroit

Trouba
Pav
22nd

Can we swap Trouba's name for Myers and then its good. I really hope Chevy gets the Trouba deal done so we can stop with the "trade Trouba" talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad