Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
But in Western Canada? No comparison. Certainly next to nothing french culture in Calgary, and I used to be actively involved in the South Alberta Franco-Cultural centre. Compared to Winnpeg, french is non-existent here; wheres Saint Boniface is the largest francophone community west of Quebec

So when we pull the trigger on that Trouba for #4 trade, Pierre-Luc Dubois will be a happy camper. :nod:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Twenty-two overall to dump Pav and protect all of Myers, Perreault, Lowry, Copp, Dano, and Armia?

Sign me up!

I think we'll need to expose 2 of the forwards in that list anyway.

1st because you have 5 there and we're also protecting Little, Wheeler, and Scheifele so that's too many, but the second reason is that we're going to need to expose I believe 2 forwards who have played a certain amount of games in the last 2 years and have a contract in 2017-2018.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I think we'll need to expose 2 of the forwards in that list anyway.

1st because you have 5 there and we're also protecting Little, Wheeler, and Scheifele so that's too many, but the second reason is that we're going to need to expose I believe 2 forwards who have played a certain amount of games in the last 2 years and have a contract in 2017-2018.

They'll be exposed according to the expansion draft rules, but they'll be protected by virtue of that fact that Bishop should be the first player they pick.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
They'll be exposed according to the expansion draft rules, but they'll be protected by virtue of that fact that Bishop should be the first player they pick.

Gotcha. Although I would think trading for Bishop to expose him seems like a waste to me. He would have more value in a trade IMO.

Looking at his contract though he's also a UFA in 2017, so I don't think he can be exposed can he?

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Gotcha. Although I would think trading for Bishop to expose him seems like a waste to me. He would have more value in a trade IMO.

Looking at his contract though he's also a UFA in 2017, so I don't think he can be exposed can he?

You're right that it would be poor use of Bishop as an asset--Las Vegas shouldn't get a top 20 goalie, let alone a top 10--but it would be good use of the 22nd. Probably indicitive of how much Tampa Bay would never do it.

He wouldn't count as the goalie you need to expose, but Hutchinson would.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

Bishop is a UFA next summer. Your argument is invalid.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
What would you guys give up for Subban.

I'd be very aggressive for him.

For the Jets? That would just be too much money/cap on D. A guy making $9M and Buff at $7.6M, then Enstrom and Myers both over $5M. What does Trouba get? (Traded to Montreal, I guess?)

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
What would you guys give up for Subban.

I'd be very aggressive for him.

Nothing, personally not interested.

1) His salary IMO is higher than his value
2) Acquisition cost would be too high
3) Costs to acquire would be better used somewhere else
4) Not a need
5) High salary causes impacts to the roster

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg

4) Not a need

Agreed.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

4) Not a need

Agreed, no interest in PK

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Just got a notification from The Score saying the Jets are interested in Okposo.

One thing about rumours out of Buffalo, is that there are probably spies monitoring team and player agent suites to see who interviews with who

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Just got a notification from The Score saying the Jets are interested in Okposo.

I would love to add Okposo. That would be huge. I know we have a few young guys, but if you have a chance to be better and a young guy or 2 has to wait another year so be it. Although Okposo along with others likely will be overpaid and it is hard for us to compete with the other teams
Interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad