Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
It'll be interesting what we do with our bottom six. There are more skilled players, but Lowery adds that element of grit and toughness, especially in offensive corners. i can't think of anyone else we have that is quite like him. I like him better than Copp.

I actually don't mind Lowry. I just think he hasn't progressed to the level he was expected to when he was drafted. If he made a jump this season I'd be happy, but at some point we need to start making room for the kids. I want the Jets to succeed, and if Lowry is part of that success, awesome, but he needs to show more in my opinion to be kept long term.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
CmpXloXUcAEw_FG.jpg:large

I was off by 125k.

Excuse me while I impersonate Barry Horowitz.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
I actually don't mind Lowry. I just think he hasn't progressed to the level he was expected to when he was drafted. If he made a jump this season I'd be happy, but at some point we need to start making room for the kids. I want the Jets to succeed, and if Lowry is part of that success, awesome, but he needs to show more in my opinion to be kept long term.

Correct me if my feeble memory is wrong, but Lowry has been with the jets only two season. He played very well in his rookie year. Last year he just didn't seem to have the same drive in the first part of the year, got sent down to the Moose for a spell, and played better when brought back up. What I saw in that first year, I really liked a lot. He played well enough tale end of last year, but maybe not to the expected level. He wouldn't be the first to go through the sophomore jinx. Not enough sample size maybe to extend a long contract. But I believe we need a player that plays his style to round out our team. Maybe with Armia and Lemieux?

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I also think Lowry is overrated. When I hear people say he is the future captain I'm just like "wha?!?" I don't see it. I think he's okay, but that's it. I think Copp and Armia both have higher ceilings. I would much prefer to keep Copp Armia and Dano over Lowry and Burrmi.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
I also think Lowry is overrated. When I hear people say he is the future captain I'm just like "wha?!?" I don't see it. I think he's okay, but that's it. I think Copp and Armia both have higher ceilings. I would much prefer to keep Copp Armia and Dano over Lowry and Burrmi.

if people are saying he is the future captain, I can see why you would say he is overrated.
Lowry is a very different type of player than Armia, Dano and Burmi.
He's a role player, hard on the puck, great on the forecheck, and makes ilife difficult for the opposition. I sense that players hate playing against him. I don't think you can say the same thing about Armia, Dano and Burmi. We have plenty of finesse type of players, but not many that play Lowry's game.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Lowry is a battler for sure. He just needs to take another step forward. What we need from him is a solid bottom 6 guy that can throw his weight around, is hard on the puck, produces like a decent bottom 6er and can PK well. If he can become that then he is worth keeping. 2014-15 Lowry was exactly what we need from him on a consistent basis with some better PKing.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Lowry is a battler for sure. He just needs to take another step forward. What we need from him is a solid bottom 6 guy that can throw his weight around, is hard on the puck, produces like a decent bottom 6er and can PK well. If he can become that then he is worth keeping. 2014-15 Lowry was exactly what we need from him on a consistent basis with some better PKing.

Yup, Ive said all along and will continue to say that when we contend in a few years, Lowry will be on our fourth line on a deep team playing decent fourth line minutes, hopefully 9-11 per night.

Lowry Copp Lemieux

Nothing wrong with that line.

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Yup, Ive said all along and will continue to say that when we contend in a few years, Lowry will be on our fourth line on a deep team playing decent fourth line minutes, hopefully 9-11 per night.

Lowry Copp Lemieux

Nothing wrong with that line.

If Enstrom agreed to waive his ntc, do you really think LV would pick an ageing defenseman with 1 more yr left on his contract over a young promising player with many yrs where they would have his rights.

Enstrom should be offered an incentive to drop his ntc to a nmc with only LV as the only place he would move to.

I don't know if that is doable but that would be ideal.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I agree. I think it's easy to forget that Lowry actually has a very strong development pedigree, and had an excellent rookie season. My y expectation is that last season was a bit of an aberration and we'll see a highly motivated, quicker and stronger Lowry this season. He could be a very strong 4 C.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I agree. I think it's easy to forget that Lowry actually has a very strong development pedigree, and had an excellent rookie season. My y expectation is that last season was a bit of an aberration and we'll see a highly motivated, quicker and stronger Lowry this season. He could be a very strong 4 C.

I hope you're right. He just seemed almost lost last season. Hopefully he spends a lot of time this summer working on getting back whatever it is that he seems to have lost.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
I hope you're right. He just seemed almost lost last season. Hopefully he spends a lot of time this summer working on getting back whatever it is that he seems to have lost.

he should train with blake wheeler in the offseason. improve his first few strides.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't go to main board often, but some guy tweeted (mcpw help me here) how about:
Toronto calls up jets and trade for pavelec and grab a jets pick in meantime. Would you do it?
Which round would it take 2nd? Or later round if we retain some salary? This actually makes sense for both sides, we go helly hutch and they got a backup for a year and gain a pick. Any chance?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't go to main board often, but some guy tweeted (mcpw help me here) how about:
Toronto calls up jets and trade for pavelec and grab a jets pick in meantime. Would you do it?
Which round would it take 2nd? Or later round if we retain some salary? This actually makes sense for both sides, we go helly hutch and they got a backup for a year and gain a pick. Any chance?

I like it. Prefer to eat salary and make it a mid round pick.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.

I would love for this to happen.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg

We are 1 year away....if he sucks this year Helly will get a bunch of starts if he doesn't fall on his face. I am more then happy to keep Pav as a 1 year 1a 1b goalie and eat his contract over giving away a pick in the draft .... You can see the finish line people hang in there :D

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
We are 1 year away....if he sucks this year Helly will get a bunch of starts if he doesn't fall on his face. I am more then happy to keep Pav as a 1 year 1a 1b goalie and eat his contract over giving away a pick in the draft .... You can see the finish line people hang in there :D

What are we supposed to do with Hutch? In my mind Helle and Hutch are an ideal Goalie Tandem.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

I get that but then what do you do? Carry 3? Send down Pavs? Send down Helly? Waive Hutch? If he gets picked up then who do we offer up for the expansion draft? Watch Hutch get claimed, Jets re-sign Pavs to expose him and then Vegas not claim him and us being stuck with him for two more years.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I would be down to trade Pavs at 50% and a 4th for a 6th to Toronto. Or something around those lines. It would make more sense if they were tanking next year

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg

Maybe TO gives us a pick because Pavs helps their tank while their offense improves and can't win games.:laugh:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
How much do you want to bet that if we traded Pav to Toronto that he'd probably have a career year, and mess with their tank. :laugh:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Regardless of what happens in pre-season, I expect the Jets to start the year with Pavs and Hutch. I expect that to remain as long as the Jets are getting acceptable (to them, not this discussion board) goaltending from Pavs and/or Hutch. I don't expect to see Bucky up unless there is an injury, or Pavs and Hutch are completely soiling the bed. If the latter, one of them goes in the press box.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...

I agree with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad