Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
link's in my head, bro. :)

it's just a thought/logical deduction.
with Copp, Thorburn, Peluso, Armia, Dano and possibly Petan and Lemieux in the mix? not sure why Tanev would be offered a contract or would sign. there's zero room for another rookie in the line-up unless he brings a skillset that the above players don't bring or unless you trade some/all of Stafford, Burmi and Lowry

The signing bonus and few weeks of NHL paycheck is probably the incentive that got him to sign with the Jets.

I cannot imagine any team was willing to promise him a 2016-2017 roster spot.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I'm still thinking the Jets will waive/buyout one or both Stuart and Pavs to give them some cap flexibility. Might need the extra room to secure Schief and Trouba AND fill out their 23 man roster. The lack of a veteran goalie will be a risk... but maybe one they have to take.

The buyout window is closed and doesn't open again until June 15 2017. By then Pav's contract will have expired and Stuart will have 1 yr left and likely kept to expose in the expansion draft

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
The buyout window is closed and doesn't open again until June 15 2017. By then Pav's contract will have expired and Stuart will have 1 yr left and likely kept to expose in the expansion draft

Buyout window is closed ? Darn didn't know that. Well... maybe Pavs will have the best year of his career knowing he's on the last year of his contract. :)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm still thinking the Jets will waive/buyout one or both Stuart and Pavs to give them some cap flexibility. Might need the extra room to secure Schief and Trouba AND fill out their 23 man roster. The lack of a veteran goalie will be a risk... but maybe one they have to take.

Jets have plenty of cap room.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Buyout window is closed ? Darn didn't know that. Well... maybe Pavs will have the best year of his career knowing he's on the last year of his contract. :)

Maybe I need a new contract Pavs numbers do get just a little bit better and most of the other goaltenders in the League numbers get a little worse due to the shrinkage in their Goalie equipment. Pavs may have better agility due to the shrinkage in his Goalie equipment but then again maybe not, man o man its just time, only time will tell one way or another.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Is that after getting their RFA's signed?

Yes sir:

CmpXloXUcAEw_FG.jpg:large

Although I doubt they bury Thorburn in favor of Copp, the actual cap hit wouldn't change much.

jetman

May 21, 2015
Do Scheifele and/or Trouba have performance bonuses from last year that should be taken into account?

Nope, that would only happen if their bonuses put us over the cap last year (Which obviously didn't happen)

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Nope, that would only happen if their bonuses put us over the cap last year (Which obviously didn't happen)

Oh right. Forgot about that.

That's a good reason to have cap flexibility. Especially with players like Laine, Ehlers and Connor still on ELCs

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Do Scheifele and/or Trouba have performance bonuses from last year that should be taken into account?

Even if they did our cap hit was low enough that it is not an issue. It was an issue in Troubas rookie year though.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I think it will be a while before a bonus overage can become a threat. We get 5.1 million off the books next summer from Pacelec and Thorburn with only Perreault and Dano as notable to sign. Stafford too I suppose. The following season Stuart comes off the books. I think we will be fine.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Chevy needs to call TO and work out a deal with Pavalec asap... him I'm Toronto is a perfect fit

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I'm guessing 2 yrs @ $2.5 mill for Lowry (or $1.25 aav).

Maybe a 1 yr deal. I think they still like him, but the guy has some development to do or risk being left behind.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
It'll be interesting what we do with our bottom six. There are more skilled players, but Lowery adds that element of grit and toughness, especially in offensive corners. i can't think of anyone else we have that is quite like him. I like him better than Copp.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
I honestly believe we have better players coming up. I think Copp will be as good or better, and I don't see Lowry as a 3rd line C especially with our prospects.

I see Lowry as future AHL talent. Maybe he gets traded for picks Leafs style.

I agree with this. I am also one of the few that think Copp is better than Lowry. I think Lowry gets traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad