Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Just curious, will Myers be ready for season? Preseason? Does this open a door for Morrissey if he's not?

Good question. I have no idea how long his rehab will be. If he's not ready to go then it would definitely make it easier for Josh to Crack the opening lineup. I guess you can add Enstrom's rehab to the list as well. It will be interesting to see how both come back from their surgeries next year.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Good question. I have no idea how long his rehab will be. If he's not ready to go then it would definitely make it easier for Josh to Crack the opening lineup. I guess you can add Enstrom's rehab to the list as well. It will be interesting to see how both come back from their surgeries next year.
I saw Enstrom walking up the stairs at ice plex very gingerly yesterday

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

link's in my head, bro. :)

it's just a thought/logical deduction.
with Copp, Thorburn, Peluso, Armia, Dano and possibly Petan and Lemieux in the mix? not sure why Tanev would be offered a contract or would sign. there's zero room for another rookie in the line-up unless he brings a skillset that the above players don't bring or unless you trade some/all of Stafford, Burmi and Lowry

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg

with Copp, Thorburn, Peluso, Armia, Dano and possibly Petan and Lemieux in the mix? not sure why Tanev would be offered a contract or would sign. there's zero room for another rookie in the line-up unless he brings a skillset that the above players don't bring or unless you trade some/all of Stafford, Burmi and Lowry

Tanev will almost assuredly be playing in the AHL this coming season, I don't see why he wouldn't want to sign with the Moose?

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

Well, it's public knowledge that he has been offered a contract (aka Qualifying Offer).

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011

Logical deduction???

Where's the logic in the Jets giving him a $92,500 signing bonus for 3-4 NHL games plus 2 weeks NHL pay check in a 2015/16 season that we end up out of the play offs and then not sign him for the next year?

The Jets are not throwing away $ 100 k on a whim.

Tanev is Waiver exempt this year and will most likely sign a 2-way NHL contract and play on the Moose learning the pro game this year. If he improves it is a wise gamble and possible future depth piece for the Jets.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
How are we going to get rid of Pavelec, that's my question. No teams need a back up it seems and the expansion draft made it even more difficult to get rid of him. Are we able to loan him to a team in Europe or something like the Hawks did with Huet?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
How are we going to get rid of Pavelec, that's my question. No teams need a back up it seems and the expansion draft made it even more difficult to get rid of him. Are we able to loan him to a team in Europe or something like the Hawks did with Huet?

Just bench him and let his contract expire.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Curious to see pavs demeanour if benched in contract year? Disruption? Demand trade? Good team mate? I know no one cares but I wonder how he'd react.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
guess Tanev won't be in the Jets' future

Add me to the list of people confused by this post. :laugh:

He's in all likelihood starting next season with the Moose, and may or may not figure into the Jets future plans. This was his most likely path from the moment he signed; the three game look he got at the end of the year didn't mean much.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Add me to the list of people confused by this post. :laugh:

He's in all likelihood starting next season with the Moose, and may or may not figure into the Jets future plans. This was his most likely path from the moment he signed; the three game look he got at the end of the year didn't mean much.

i assumed he got a Copp-like promise, hence his desire to sign with the Jets.
colour me wrong.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm still thinking the Jets will waive/buyout one or both Stuart and Pavs to give them some cap flexibility. Might need the extra room to secure Schief and Trouba AND fill out their 23 man roster. The lack of a veteran goalie will be a risk... but maybe one they have to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad